Question: Sex galleries thumbnails

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.

Which type of gallery do you prefer? (multiple answers allowed. Check all if you really don't care)

All images should be in landscape mode. No zooming. Thumbnail, and its also in landscape mode and shows all.
24%
All images should be in portrait mode. No zooming. Thumbnail is also in portrait mode and shows all.
18%
All images in either mode. No zooming. Thumbnails are also in either mode, gallery will center the images correctly.
35%
All images in either mode. No zooming. Black bars are added to make the thumbnail a square. (basically same as above)
12%
All images in either mode. Thumbnails are in either mode, but cropped to a square. Only edges are gone.
6%
All images are in either mode. Zoomed in to hi-light details, can cause details to be missed. Need to view the image to see all.
6%

Total votes: 17

KinkInSpace

Question: Sex galleries thumbnails

Post by KinkInSpace »

Hi there,

I'm thinking of creating a site that has galleries. For those of you who don't know what this is, you have a page with a photo shoot, and you see small thumbnails that you can click to get a bigger version of the thumbnail.

If I look at other galleries, I notice that some show zoomed in thumbnails that will reveal a full photo when you click on it, which effectively means, the thumbnail hides some details of the photo, but because it zooms in, the small photo's show more detail. Also, sometimes it is required to cut off the sides if you have both landscape and portrait style photo's and you don't want to mix them in your gallery. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about zooming in to favor details over overview. Some would argue, that a thumbnail would spoil too much of the photo, and by requiring to open them, the surprise is not spoiled.

I'm wondering what you prefer.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Question: Sex galleries thumbnails

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Being on a metered service....
Having a site / gallery, that has small sized thumbnails shown on the webpage, then, when selected, the full sided picture is download (sent to the PC) would be best...
Wading through 20 full sized pictures of "not interested" pictures eats up a lot of bandwidth, just to find the one "Keeper"...
(I'm not sure if that was one of your options...)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yes of course. All thumbnails are different/smaller images. That is the whole idea of a thumbnail. To save bandwidth. Otherwise, I would create one page, have each photo on big and you just scroll past them.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Interesting results so far. People seem to prefer landscape oriented photos, but if both are present, then the gallery itself should make sure things look okay, and all details are visible on the thumbnail. :)