Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong.

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
restricted

Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong.

Post by restricted »

Hi folks, this has been one horrible year. Firstly and the worst thing is losing my wife. Plus I had to sue a master bodger who wrecked my roof instead of repairing it. He lied in court and I proved he was lying. The judge agreed with my statement.

Anyway, since my wife died I have been suffering with eating a small meal but spending ages on the toilet and my stomach always feels bloated. The doctor has prodded and poked and is sending me for tests on stomach cancer. He said it doesn't feel right.

Oh well, at least I'll be with my wife again.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
JIMDINI

Re: Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong.

Post by JIMDINI »

Sorry to hear that. Lets hope it is not that serious.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
smelt

Post by smelt »

Restricted: Not sure what you are looking to hear, but i had similar issues a while back, and thought I was going to die. I never go to the doctor, but finally did. My fear was some sort of cancer. Bloated stomach, just did not feel right for a few weeks. The doctor (like they usually do) tried dismissing my symptoms as standard issues. Finally, I had said something about my skin being dry and itchy. He sat there thinking for a minute, then ordered a thyroid TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) test. I was WAY low. So a few days into the prescription, I was almost back to normal. I can now stop taking the pills for quite some time, but if I feel it coming on, I will take them for a while. No real cause was known for what happened. So it may be something as simple as that, or even a stomach infection. Good luck.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

All the best hopes from here.

The only thing I can add is: if something is weird, go see the doctor. Don't wait for it to get unbearable.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sorry to hear about that, restricted... :cry:

But in medicine, there's always something called "differential diagnosis", i.e. a list of other conditions that more or less closely match the symptoms a patient presents with, but it's the subtle things that can lead the doctor to go to the correct cause, or at least concentrate tests in the right direction.

Smelt's thyroid thing is something I know about, though mine is related to the cranio-thingamabob they took out two years ago (I just passed my 4th follow-up MRI and I'll have the results in 10 days or so). Same thing - no matter how little I eat, I feel bloated, I'm always cold, my skin is dry - I even stopped sweating except for my feet, or if I really exert myself hard. Constipation is also a sure sign. Thyroid medication like Synthroid will help (it might take a few follow-up visits to get the dosage right, with the help of an endocrinologist).

Look up hypothyroid (means underactive thyroid) and check out the symptom. But do get that cancer test out of the way so if it's negative, you can breathe easier.

But if it is cancer, remember that it can be treated - surgery and radiotherapy will nail that SOB for sure. And that you'll always have friends here.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Sorry you are having a difficult time. As others have said, don't give up. Tests and treatments are available to diagnose and treat almost everything these days. My hope is you will find it is not as serious as you think. The stress from the year you are having could be enough to cause many of your symptoms. Staying optimistic will help in your recovery.
Good luck.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Here's keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

As others have said, many reasons are possible for your symptons.
[
restricted

Post by restricted »

Well, my thyroid count is low. I had one inspection but to make sure I'm going to have to have a camera shoved up my bum and another down my throat. Perhaps they'll take a photo of the other camera. Lol! Mind you, I did have one thyroid gland removed some years ago. They gave me tablets and then suddenly stopped so I didn't bother any more.

I've had so many blood tests, I should have a chair dedicated to me.

I'll ask if I can have a nice female nurse on prescription to look after me. :D
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.