Does anyone know how to safely use a tens unit on nipples?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
bound_jenny

Re: Does anyone know how to safely use a tens unit on nipple

Post by bound_jenny »

I don't touch Apples that have a byte taken out of them already.
IAdoreMy64.jpg
IAdoreMy64.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Maybe Sir C should go old school. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Sir Cumference wrote:it is "severely limited ".
Surely that is a state most of us here enjoy. :gag:
bound_jenny wrote:Maybe Sir C should go old school.

Jenny.
So you think he would rather be caned than whipped :?: :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

JIMDINI wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:Maybe Sir C should go old school.

Jenny.
So you think he would rather be caned than whipped :?: :rofl:
Lady C is taking care of that. :whip: :twisted:

Jenny.
chainmale1

Post by chainmale1 »

I have had a TENS unit used on me, it was used on my cock and balls and steel butt plug, never use it on your nipples you don't want the current a crossed your heart.
Chainmale1
alex bound

Post by alex bound »

Short answer, complete safety on chest is not really possible. Below the waist is the only way to keep current from short circuiting your heart.
Last edited by alex bound on 12 Dec 2018, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
It's never too late
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

alex bound wrote:Short answer, complete safety on chest is not really possible. Below the waist is the only way to keep current from short circuiting your heart.
For a long time, this is what I believed too, but now I know better, as estim on my nipples is something I enjoy so much. And not just bi-polar on one nipple, but unipolar between both nipples.

The following you need to make sure of:

Make sure you use a tens unit, not an EMS unit. Also, make sure that whenever you use a program, either it uses a continuous stream of electricity, or the pulses are below 60hz (1 pulse a second). This, so the heartbeat won't be affected in a negative way.

When using pulse, just don't go too high, especially if you feel discomfort.

With a continuous stream, you can go as high as you want really, until you really can't take it anymore.

Also, be aware that there are tens units that have different programs where some may be a combination of tens and EMS.

The biggest advise here is to slowly ramp up. Any distress on the heart in combination with electricity may be really bad, especially when pulse is used.

So forget a program that randomly shocks you with good shocks.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
alex bound

Post by alex bound »

If that's what works for you. I know only what I have been told on this subject.
Last edited by alex bound on 12 Dec 2018, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
It's never too late
lj

Post by lj »

Slave_L wrote: For a long time, this is what I believed too, but now I know better, as estim on my nipples is something I enjoy so much. And not just bi-polar on one nipple, but unipolar between both nipples.
And knowledgeable, experienced people die. They knew better right up to the moment they died.

The reason we always warn about using electricity is very few people really understand what it is and how it behaves. Unless you understand Ohms Law, appreciate what "current-limiting" means, know some basic physiology and anatomy, then you should avoid electrical play, or keep strictly to the advice given by the manufacturer of a TENS, using the device as stated.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

lj wrote:...
And knowledgeable, experienced people die. They knew better right up to the moment they died.
May I please second this opinion?
The reason we always warn about using electricity is very few people really understand what it is and how it behaves. Unless you understand Ohms Law, appreciate what "current-limiting" means, know some basic physiology and anatomy, then you should avoid electrical play, or keep strictly to the advice given by the manufacturer of a TENS, using the device as stated.
When it comes to the aplication of current to human tissue you will encounter far more complicated things to keep in mind than merely Ohms law.
You will, for example, have to keep the behavior of ions within electrical field in mind. In this case especially the behavior of Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium-Ions will become a major threat to your health if you happen to apply continuous currents. A cramping heart due to a misbalance of Sodium/Potassium will be deadly. And there's not a lot you could do against it, as you wont be able to help yourself nor will anybody be there in time to help you. And that's ajust one of many possible ways to commit suicide here.

Alternating current is probably less likely to cause problems with ion-concentrations, but it is a lot more likely to interfere with the sinu-atrial node, as with a couple of other aspects of the nervous system (like e.g. synapse-synapse communication...).

Thus if you absolutely feel you have no other way to please yourself than to use e-stim above your waist, please, at least use bipolar clamps.
I'm not going to suggest that those are safe, but they surely are less dangerous.

Once more seconding lj's opinion I'd like to also advise everybody to keep safe and if in doubt stick to the rules set by the manufacturer of your toys. If you're not in doubt to be safe when exceeding those limits, reconsider. You most likely forgot about something!

In any case we all prefer to have you back here and have YOU tell your story. We do NOT want the news to tell us of your passing away!

Just my 2ct.
Kind regards, have fun,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

lj wrote:They knew better right up to the moment they died.
You got a cite for that?

Seriously, the answer to the question, "how does one safely use a TENS unit on nipples?" is this: Clip the leads from the tens unit to your nipples. Turn it on.

Co-planar installation of TENS electrodes on the chest - that is, electrodes placed on the same side of the the body, so the main current density is not through the middle of the chest, is basically safe and normal practice in vanilla use. There's, understandably, some discomfort about current actually passing through the chest cavity (e.g. electrodes front-to-back), although some considerable research has revealed precisely zero examples of that actually being a problem.

If it really bothers you, use bipolar electrodes. You can get some cheap ones on Ali (search for "bipolar clips"). If you have a dual channel TENS unit, that has the advantage that you can control the power applied to each nipple separately. You can get a similar effect using unipolar clips by attaching one side of each lead to a clip and the other side to a normal TENS pad, and placing the pads close to their respective target nipples.

For completeness, see the "Safety" section on the Wikipedia article - this pretty much lines up with everything I"ve read on the subject.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ruru67 wrote:You got a cite for that?
Not relevant for electricity on the nipples, but potentially just as deadly.

A few years ago, the absolute *Expert* about and maker of vac beds died while using one of his beds *solo*. No one around to ensure nothing went wrong. Despite all warnings from all kinds of kinksters - the victim included - that solo vac bed play is über dangerous.

He also knew better up to the moment he died.

I'm quite sure there are plenty of other cases to cite, even in everyday life. Drunk drivers? Stoned drivers? Anyone who's ever uttered the words "Watch this"?

History is replete with people who died despite the fact they knew better.

Jenny.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

The problem with electrical play in the area of the heart is that is doesn't take any sort of large current to kill you. Even the slightest twitch of power to the heart at the wrong time can throw of the timing of the contractions and cause it to stop pumping blood. A current well below what would conventionally cause death can be enough to disrupt the hearts rythm. Some people are more susceptible to this than others but there is no way to know this before you are blacking out with an a-rythmia. And even past tries might not be enough to protect you.

Using TENS above the waist is possible but not by definition safe. Doing it safely requires a lot of knowledge not easily transferrable on a forum because there's a lot of person dependant if, ands and buts involved. The general advice you will get is don't. IF you decide you will go against this advice, be sure to use bipolar toys and avoid connecting anything across the chest/heart. Keep distances between electrodes short.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Let me add, that people have been known to die from asystolic heart rythym,
Even while not in bondage. Death almost happens instantaneously, regardless
If you use tens or not.

Keep in mind you're not only playing with fire, but your life.
[