steel leg binders

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
TNTBound

steel leg binders

Post by TNTBound »

for the past couple days I have had an idea in my head for a set of leg binders that I think will work pretty effectively. I have a set of leather leg binders with one little piece of steel on each side of where they lace up, but its just not effective enough.

today I had a little time while my parents went out shopping, so I went out and got the supplies that I needed to make a set myself.

the supplies consist of:

1. 4 pieces 1"W x 36"L x 1/8" flat steel
2. 1 20' welded chain with elongated links
3. 8 1/4-20 x 3/4" bolts
4. 8 1/4-20 x 1-1/4" bolts
5. 24 1/4-20 lock nuts
6. 24 1/4" washers

the total came to about $70 for everything.

the idea, is to have one piece of steel on each side of the leg, with the chain bolted to the bars at the ankle, above and below the knee, and at the top of the thigh. when they are all bolted together and the chains are wrapped around the leg, it will be impossible to bend the leg. it will also be impossible to remove them by hand, since the final connection of each chain is secured with a lock nut. :D

what I've done so far is cut the steel to the length of my inseam, minus an inch or so. I marked and drilled the holes for where the chain will mount on the bars. I also rounded and smoothed the ends of the bars with my bench grinder so it wont cut into my legs. unfortunately, I ran out of time to finish it because my parents came home. :roll:

im going to finish it as soon as I can and then i'll get some pictures up. it probably wont be in its final stage because I will probably need to do some fine tuning of the bolt length on the inner bars, and maybe have the ends of the bars rubber coated, but the concept can be shown. (hopefully tomorrow)
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
gemt

Re: steel leg binders

Post by gemt »

Sounds delicious.
My experience of chain is there is always some play and twist possible, and you will have some flexing at the knee, probably just enough to use up those few inches clearance to your crotch. Maybe this is the intent?
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

there might be a little play in the chain, but I don't think it will allow the bars to move around too much. i'll know for sure when I get it all put together though.

I actually want to keep the bars away from my crotch to avoid any unwanted pinching down there.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i got up early and got the chain cut to the rough lengths i need. i got one set together and it works PERFECTLY! there is a little movement allowed to my leg, but then i cant move it anymore. :D

i need to get some different lock nuts though, the all metal ones i got are way to tight on the bolt. i even snapped a bolt in the process of putting it together. im also thinking of getting acorn nuts to eliminate the sharp edges of the bolts.

i cant find my phone to take pictures right now, but i should have some up tonight after work.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

so I found my phone and im charging it up, so in about an hour or so, i'll have some pictures up for you guys. off and on my legs. :D
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

sorry this was a little later than I said, I was having fun trying them out for the first time. :wink:
bondage 1.jpg
bondage 2.jpg
bondage 3.jpg
bondage 4.jpg
bondage 5.jpg
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Here's a good moniker for them:

The Splints From Hell.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

few more
bondage 6.jpg
bondage 7.jpg

I need to do some fine tuning to get them perfect, but this is the concept anyways. after trying them out, I found that I need to shorten the top of the bars about 2 inches. when I put my legs together, the top of the bars pinch my boys. :roll: I would also like to find a covering for the chain so make it feel a bit smoother and not have any pinch points.

other than that, they are EXTREMELY effective at immobilizing my legs! after I get the pinching sorted out, these will be my new go to bondage item, because I can padlock the chains together to make my legs completely useless! :D

I just saw your post as I was previewing my post Jenny.

The Splints From Hell.

I like it! :mrgreen:
MKu

Post by MKu »

Nice. But i would prefer nylon straps over chains.
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

TNTBound wrote: ... I would also like to find a covering for the chain so make it feel a bit smoother and not have any pinch points. ...
You could cover the chians with fabric. Use double layered Eyelets to reinforce the holes you'll need to slip the chains over the bolts.

By the way, I like your build. Anyhow I'd probably use acorn nuts to cover the tips of the bolts, in order to keep them from cutting/ripping your skin and/or you bed sheets and blanket.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Lovely device you've got there!
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

MKu wrote:Nice. But i would prefer nylon straps over chains.
nylon straps would be more comfortable, but they cant be locked. :wink: ideally, the most comfortable setup while still locking, would be leather straps with the elongated holes for the locking buckle. but to get 4 pairs of those would cost over $200. :(

Blacky wrote:
TNTBound wrote: ... I would also like to find a covering for the chain so make it feel a bit smoother and not have any pinch points. ...
You could cover the chians with fabric. Use double layered Eyelets to reinforce the holes you'll need to slip the chains over the bolts.

By the way, I like your build. Anyhow I'd probably use acorn nuts to cover the tips of the bolts, in order to keep them from cutting/ripping your skin and/or you bed sheets and blanket.
I found one place online that sells a nylon weave tubing, but it was pretty expensive.

also, the nuts that are on the inner leg portion of these are pretty much flush with the end of the bolt. but I do need something for the outside bolts.

once I found the right length to bolt the chain down, these were pretty comfortable. its just the pinching at the top when I close my legs together that is the problem. I might have that remedied this weekend though.
gemt

Post by gemt »

Looks good! I knew you would have to go shorter :-) On the other hand you can't cut it longer.
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Excellent work!
I like the look of steel and chain on skin!
I'm inspired... I also have the cover story: snow wheel chains!

What about one tiny neodymium magnet on the inside iron?

Have fun, kinky engineering,
f4
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

I'm sorta with MKu, there should probably be something between the skin and chain, for comfort and possibly protection.