"VR" Helmet

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
johns1234

"VR" Helmet

Post by johns1234 »

All the new VR equipment for phones made me think ... this is both a software and a bit of a hardware project.
So far this is just an idea, but overall I think it is fairly easy:

What you need:
- Motorcycle helmet (possible alternatives: big diving googles or real VR googles matching your phone)
- an Android phone
- a rugged case for your phone, e.g. Otterbox
- the app for the phone

The hardware part is easy:
1) Attach/gue/strap with taped Velcro the phone to the inside of the visor of the helmet. Make sure it does not poke your nose and you can see the screen well.
2) Black out the visor from the outside, e.g. with black duct tape, but leave a small hole for the camera.
Test your setup for the following:
- make sure the helmet is pitch black inside with the phone off, no light leaking in from the camera hole
- make sure you can see the screen well with a little video
- enable the camera and check if it lets you see "through"
- check if you can hookup ear buds

Now the app itself again an idea, but I am quite savvy writing apps and as Google allows you to install APKs from unknown sources the best option is an Android phone and a Google app.
Basic functionality just like any other software here in the forum (yes, I have been a long time silent reader):
- battery check and turn on camera if battery falls below 20%
- exclusive mode for the app (like a game or video app so the phone does not shut down to the lock screen)
- touch disabled (in case you can reach it with your nose)
- definable start countdown
I can imagine modes like this:
1) Blackout: screen turns black, white noise is played, when the countdown is reached the camera turns on
2) Slideshow: screen shows your favorite images, sound optional (white noise or you favorite sound files/music, until the countdown is reached and the camera turns on
3) Interval Slideshow/Blackout: x minutes slideshow, then y minutes blackout with white noise to leave you to your thoughts
3) Video: play a video of your choice until the countdown is reached
4) Motionless: any of the 3 options above, but if you move (easily detectable with the phone) time will be added, or if sound is not used a teasing sound can be emitted

What is your opinion about something like this?
pansexual

Re: "VR" Helmet

Post by pansexual »

Nice idea, thx. :-)
Plan ahead. Don't be overambitious. Slowly step by step. Play safe. Have fun. And tell us.