Inventions (With photos!)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
more_secure

Inventions (With photos!)

Post by more_secure »

Hi all,

This week I've been experimenting with 2 new escape mechanisms, which, having read some articles on here, I've not found reference to. I've not made these yet but I'm in the process of testing the ice release prototype (below).

The first one I'll mention is simple - a combination lock, except with 2 combination wheels instead of 3. Having done loads of googling, I couldn't find any suppliers - obviously because they'd be easy to crack, but in my filthy mind ideal for a behind the back release. Since I've not used any releases yet, I wanted to start relatively simply with 2 combinations. Does anybody know if I could make one of these by just soldering or gluing one of the wheels in place from a 3 wheel combo lock? I figured that I could, but wanted to see what you guys thought. I imagine you'd have to be careful to not drip solder or glue in the wheel mechanism as this would probably mess up the whole lock.

The second is an ice release. I'm not going to mention my equipment yet - I'll put a photo when I have the working version though. So far I've spent a mere 5 pounds and the result looks similar to this style http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ONmgu9UmL.jpg. The bit I'm having difficulty with is sealing off 1 end of a metal tube. Essentially I'm using 2 eyelet hooks for the rings inside of a cylindrical metal tube, but I can't find a way to freeze water inbetween with both ends open. At the moment, I've got a test in the freezer with a plastic washer covering 1 end and blue tac to create a watertight seal whilst the water freezes and the other end is open. I have so far tried selotape but this let water through. Any advice would be welcomed so I can finish the prototype and have a play (oh and of course show you guys a photo too!).

I thought maybe a candlewax seal might work well? I also thought maybe to buy some wetsuit material to insulate the cylinder once complete, which would probably alter the defrosting time significantly.
Last edited by more_secure on 22 Oct 2015, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
== I put on a mask to reveal my true identity ==
Blacky

Re: Inventions

Post by Blacky »

Sorry, no suggestions for the ice release at the moment. For the combo lock: Why don't youz just use a three (four) wheeled lock and put some surde sticky tape over the center wheel(s) while it (they) is (are) set to the right figure?

That way you'd have both: The two wheeled lock you ask for plus a "more complex" one. If needed, simply pull the tape off.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
more_secure

Post by more_secure »

Yeah, tape is probably a good idea, and I like the fact that it doesn't permanently modify the lock. In the quest for perfection though, it'd be a surprise if the wheel under the tape jogged even slightly and you didn't know because then you'd assume that the taped wheel is correct and go crazy wandering why the other 2 wheels weren't eventually aligning. Would probably be harder than a normal 3 combo lock! Any other ideas are welcome, personally I'd like 2 KNOW that the combinations are limited to just 2 wheels.

Incidentally, my ice/tube/blutack combo appears to have worked. I'm going to test the thaw time with some weight attached to the system to simulate locked hands with the ice being completely frozen (like over night frozen) and then refine the design accordingly.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I wouldn't trust tape.

A brass lock should be easy to solder.
(And they are not that expensive after all)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

A possible upgrade to blutac would be a rubber bung. These are available in different sizes with or without holes through them. I suggest looking in you local home brew or winemaking supplier.
more_secure

Post by more_secure »

As promised some photos of my first ice release prototype:
1.jpg
2.jpg
It turns out the bluetac held the water, but I like the idea of the rubber bung, which was suggested by Audrey_CD :o)

When I get chance I'll test the thawing time with a bit of weight attached to one of the rings. I'm curious to also do a test with the metal tube insulated. Not bad for under £10!

How it works:

Essentially there are 2 picture hooks (like the ones with a big screw point on and a ring end (as per picture). Each hook is simply frozen in place so to pull one out, the ice around 1 of the hooks would need to melt enough. I tried to pull them apart but they are well and truly stuck in place so at a guess there's at least 10 minutes even if one was cheating and warming the tube with one's hands!
teather

Re: Inventions (With photos!)

Post by teather »

My ice locks were built from solvent weld waste pipe fittings (wickes diy store - http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Solvent- ... m/p/431986 and http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Solvent- ... m/p/431988). A length of pvc pipe with a screw on blanking cap at each end. One end was fixed with the solvent and had an eye bolt drilled through, the other end had a free screw cap with a 6mm hole drilled I threaded a 6mm rope about 2 feet long holding a SRD through the caps centre hole and coiled it like a spring inside the tube. I filled the tubes with water and froze. It'd hold for about an hour before I could pull the rope free to separate the SRD from the tube. Not my own design - but can't remember where I found it.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

From what I have seen, ice lock require the melting of the ice to free the lock.
And then the water leaks out every where when the lock opens to drop the free end...
fine when you are outside, messy inside...
So...
I thought of this idea:
Seal both ends of the lock,
One end has the ring attached to the lock,
the other has a washer inside to prevent the movement of the other ring until the ice melts.
So far, just like any other, but...
On the moveable end, add a "V" cut covers (in red) to each side of the moveable end.
Insert a rope through the loop and slide the loop down so that the rope is trapped and will not move,
then freeze the lock.
While frozen, the "V" lock will prevent the rope from sliding out the loop until enough ice has melted.
With this, there should not be any water leaking out and making a mess, a few drips at best.
New Icelock.jpg
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
more_secure

Post by more_secure »

@Dark_Lizerd I like the idea but I can't quite grasp how it would prevent water from leaking out. I think I'd have to see that in practice. I like the idea from @teacher about coiling rope inside, although this would reduce the amount of ice available inside the tube. I'll have to do a test to see if more its 'better' to have more material frozen in less ice or less material frozen in more ice, or indeed somewhere in between.

The one problem I faced was freezing ice in an open tube but then I realised that the tube doesn't need to be straight, it could just as well be a V shape. A basic example is 2 picture hooks frozen inside a V shaped tube (like an angled piece of copper tubing from home plumbing. The device would then freeze upright, no blutack required! If you can imagine that, then even better would be a U shaped tube. When one pulls the rings apart the force would be partially focussed on the structure of the tube and not just the ice so escape time would be more dependent (and possibly predictable) on the melting time of the ice. Also, with a U shaped tube the O ring eyes would be much closer together so more restrictive (think handcuffs with a smaller/longer chain). If I can find the hardware I'll try and build something.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I think Dark_ Lizerd might be thinking of something a bit like this. The water is sealed in. When frozen the ring cannot move and the rope is fixed, as the bobble on the end cannot pass through the slot (or V groove in the Dark_Lizerd version) in the end of the pipe. When the ice melts, the ring can be pulled clear of the pipe and the bobble on the end of the rope can be pulled through the ring. Note that this device is more complicated than the normal ice lock, so there is more potential for something get stuck. It would need careful detailed design and testing to make sure it worked properly. Note the air gap is required, otherwise the device will burst when frozen.

Sorry, I forgot to put a ring on the closed end of the tube.
Attachments
Ice lock 7.jpg
heinzmeier2

Post by heinzmeier2 »

nice idea, but remembder that water expands when it freezes, and it has very much power. so your o-ring sealing will not hold that.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

heinzmeier2 wrote:nice idea, but remembder that water expands when it freezes, and it has very much power. so your o-ring sealing will not hold that.
True, but I think it would be OK with an air gap, as shown, but I don't know how big it would need to be. The pressure would certainly rise when freezing and also at high temperatures due to expansion. I suppose there is also a potential safety issue if someone was daft enough to heat the thing to boiling point. I think some sort of safety valve should be included.
amity

Post by amity »

Expansion from water to ice = approx. 10%
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Implementing a seal that will hold up to the pressure level involved as draw is unlikely, but you could use a design similar to a pressure tank. Use a flexible membrane (rubber) to contain the water at the right end of the device, and an externally-vented expansion chamber on the left. The general idea is a good one. Another possible implementation would be a self-contained water bladder... like a balloon full of water, but more durable. This would sit between the base and the plunger. When frozen, it would be uncompressable, but in liquid form would squish enough to release. This gets around the need for a water-tight seal on the sliding component.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

@ Keyless... BINGO!!!
I'm so glad there are people here with at least some drawing skill...

Another idea regarding the ice expanding problem...
On the sliding ring end...
The ring is screwed onto the plunger, and the cap on that end is screwed on.
To freeze the tube,
remove the ring,
remove the end cap,
fill with water,
place in freezer standing up.
(This version can also just use ice cubes, for a quick action)
when frozen and ready for use,
remove from freezer,
screw on the end cap,
screw on the ring.

OK, I saw the problem there... with the slotted section, the ring will not screw on...
You would need to screw the ring and the cap on at the same time...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...