Bondage board instructions

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Anything_Once

Bondage board instructions

Post by Anything_Once »

I kinda got creative this weekend for the first time in years. The design was made of Friday evening the supplies were brought on Saturday and the result was finished late Sunday.

The results

Thought I would add the instructions of how it was made in case anyone wanted to make one. In brackets next to each item is the type I used.

Materials
1 x Wooden Board (4ft x 2ft x 1 inch plywood)
1 x Foam Layer to cover (4ft+10mm x 2ft+10mm x 2 inch blue cushion foam)
1 x Material to cover (2m brown pleather)
5 x Anchor points (50mm x 50mm Ring on plate)
20 x 20mm screws

Tools
1 x Staple gun
1 x Drill
1 x Screw driver
1 x Impact glue
1x Needle and thick thread.

Instructions
1. Mark on the board where you want the ring and plates to go around the edge, ensure the area is 20mm larger than the size of the plate. In my case that was a 70mm x 70mm area. I decided to go for both sides at the mid point and bottom and a single on in the centre of the top.

2. Do the same markings on the foam. Take into account the fact that the foam is slightly larger. This generally means the the area being marked will be set slightly off the edge, in my case it was 5mm on each side.

3. Cut out the areas you marked on the foam. The excesses at the sections at the edges of these areas can also be removed. You should be removing the excess (the 5mm mentioned earlier) from around these areas.

4. Use you impact glue to stick the foam to the board. Impact glue should be used in a well ventilated area. Coat the foam, then the board and once they tacking press them together. Be careful as this stuff is strong and will stick new instantly. I recommend finding someone to help you lower it into position so you can line it up correctly. Also you ensure a proper bond apply pressure to the foam and board.

5. Cut out the required shapes of the material you are using. When doing this remember to add a seem allowance for yourself. You need to cute out shapes for the top of the foam, so in my case this was 2ft x 4ft minus the areas you removed. Then you need to cut out each flat side. Any flat side that would reach the floor should have an extra 3 inches that can be wrapped under the board later. Unfortunately I can not give precise patterns for this as it depends on the number of anchor points you want, also I made the pattern straight on the material so I don't have anything I can show.

6. Stitch it all together. Using needle and thread stitch all the pieces together but leaving the bottom edges alone. This may take a while, I did it by hand and it is the part that took the majority of the time. Once done you should have a cover that can be slid over the board and foam.

7. Slide the material over the board and foam. Flip it to see the bottom. Now pull the excesses from the edges in toward the centre so they don't feel loose but not too tight and begin stapling in in place. IF you are unsure you can look up and upholstering tutorial online.

8. Time to add the anchor points. If you have an electric drill this will be easier, if not a drill and a screw driver will also work. Position the ring and plates in the centre of the areas that you have cut out and screw them in place. I used the drill to make a hole about the right depth and about half of the screws diameter to allow me to easily use a manual screwdriver to add the screws but still have everything secure.

9. Enjoy the results.
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
Riddle

Re: Bondage board instructions

Post by Riddle »

Anything_Once wrote:I kinda got creative this weekend for the first time in years. The design was made of Friday evening the supplies were brought on Saturday and the result was finished late Sunday.
Very good directions and a really nice finished product. Thank you for sharing.

Since you have had it a month now and have used it at least once, do you have any additional comments or suggestions? Are your anchor points in good locations? Do you think more points may be recommended? Any advice on usage?

Hope you enjoy the bondage board.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Anything_Once

Re: Bondage board instructions

Post by Anything_Once »

I have had a chance to use it several times and I have much I could say about it.

Firstly I should point out that board works great if you don't have or can't have floor anchor points at home and can easily be slid under a bed. Unfortunately it is not easy to hide should you need to keep such things hidden.

The anchor points I have added can allow for multiple positions, including the follow.
On all fours with wrists together.
Kneeling with arms behind back.
On knees, bent over with butt in air and arms pulled under.
Sitting, legs and arms extended with legs roped along the board.
Kneeling with hands flat on board in front and hair tied to anchor point behind.
To name just a few. I keep finding more. It would take along time to explain exactly how to tie different positions on the board but with a bit of imagination you should be able to figure it out.

I am so glad I used faux leather as this makes the board water proof and that has come in handy.

As for the anchor points, that ones I put on work fine and give plenty of options. That being said if I had used 8 (one in each corner and one in the middle of each edge) I would have even more options for positions.

Advice for usage? It is good for holding a body in position with the correct tie. I enjoy ties that immobilise as much as possible and I have always struggled to find something good. I managed a tie using the board where I was on my kneeling and my upper body (in a rope harness designed for suspension) was tied to anchor points both in front and behind me. This meant my upper body was immovable as moving in any direction would pull on one of the two ropes, even trying to lower my body to a kneeling sit was not possible.

I have plans for future projects. My currents thoughts are a collapsible base so that board becomes the top of a bench or possibly some accessories such as load bearing poles / bars that can be placed over the board to prevent the user lowering their body or taller ones that can have hands attached above them.

As and when I get around to making something new I will be posting another tutorial. At the moment my funds are to low for me to making something new as I need a new drill and saw and can't justify the cost. Hopefully in the new year....
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...