Homemade Furniture

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
jands

Homemade Furniture

Post by jands »

Hi People,

I recently build a piece of bondage furniture that I saw online. I wanted to order one, but as I live in Australia, everything costs a small fortune to ship to this island in the middle of the ocean. So I got to work and built one with some modifications.

I built this horse/bench from 30mm and 25mm HSS square tube. Took about a day to build and a day to paint. Total cost to build was about $150. Its very adjustable and has lots of expanding options in case I get bored with basic setup. It has a 2 sockets on each side (1 toward front, 1 toward the back) facing out the side and 1 on the front in the center and 1 at the back in the center. the expansion at the front is normally used with a tube with a ring on the end for collar attachment or a headrest and the one at the back is for either a wand attachment or a mains powered variable speed reciprocating piston with a artificial falice on the end :twisted: . On each leg is a padded holder for legs and arms, the leg supports have 1.5" nylon webbing straps and the arm supports have 1" webbing, the torso/chest support has 2" nylon webbing, and the head support has 1" webbing eclipse strap to hold the head down, they all have quick release buckles for safety. The supports are made with 12mm particle board with very spongy foam and covered in faux leather.
bench.jpg
I know it looks a lot like the commercially available setups around, that was kind of the point. This was the 2nd piece of furniture I've built.

It got me wondering what other furniture like minded people are building at home. I know that there are a lot of creative and talented people around this area so I would love to see what others can do.

I've read before than welding and carpentry are the most perverted trades around :whip:
bound_jenny

Re: Homemade Furniture

Post by bound_jenny »

You forgot sewing and upholstery. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

And blacksmithing and programming.
:mrgreen:

But it looks great. Secure and comfy at the same time!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

A great piece of work. I presume you need someone to strap you down - unless of course you are the one doing the strapping down. I'm interested to know how long you can stay on it in a session. Is it comfortable?

As for my own furniture building, I don't have anywhere to keep obviously kinky furniture so I built a four poster bed with "decoration" which provides attachment points along the top and bottom rails all round and across the top of the headboard. The posts are turned so ropes can be tied and not slip up and down. With safety in mind, it is very strong and solid.
jands

Post by jands »

Haha, very very true Jenny

I like that Keyless. I think I might need to give my own bed some "decoration". What did you use as attachment points?

When I was building it, I thought there is no way this will be cumfortable, but once the weight is distributed over your arms and legs and torso, its borderline sleep worthy particularly the headrest is almost a pillow. I made everything with a lot of foam. The only time it becomes unpleasant, is when you or the weather is very hot and you get stuck to it. We recently discovered something great, because the torso rest has 2 straps, if the chest is done tight and the leg supports are raised, tighten waist strap, you get a great "ass in the air" angle.

Longest my partner has been in it was about 30 minutes, but an experienced sub would have no trouble spending a few hours I think. We are semi new to the game and didn't want to go overboard for the first few times.

I made the machine with a little 12V60W DC motor and it ran fine with no load, but as soon as someone pushed back, it went under load and had a little trouble, so I replaced it with a 24V250W geared motor, the result was apparently a lot smoother and pretty much nothing can stop it, even trying to stop it with your hands, it just laughs and keeps going... :twisted:
The original machine had a rotating arm on the motor shaft, but it started off at about a 1.5" stroke and I wanted less than that as a beginning, so I replaced the arm with a flywheel, which gave almost any stroke length I wanted. The next upgrade i think will be to add Bluetooth. as Dr Sheldon Cooper once said, "Everything is better with Bluetooth" and I couldn't agree more.

One thing I would love to add is a small but powerful geared motor strap system not dissimilar a ratchet strap thing to a that is set to a timer, so it will lock your arms/legs and release by remote or a timer for self bondage.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

jands wrote:The next upgrade i think will be to add Bluetooth. as Dr Sheldon Cooper once said, "Everything is better with Bluetooth" and I couldn't agree more.
If I am thinking of the same Dr Sheldon Cooper as you are, he certainly did say that, but I don't think he is the best choice to support your argument.

Thanks for the info. You are clearly very skilled. I wish I could weld that well.

I was considering a similar device, but without legs so that it would be easier to keep out of sight. Maybe a bit like this
http://www.theoriginalinstitute.com/DIY ... 20Pony.htm
but it's a fair way down the project list. Too many vanilla DIY jobs in the way.

As for our bed, I'm quite proud of it as an ordinary piece of furniture. Anyone into bondage might appreciate its potential but I don't think they would assume it was designed with that in mind. Several people have seen it so I don't want to go into too much detail. For all I know, one of them might read this. I will say that there are no specific attachment points, just gaps between the various components making up the rails, which means a rope or handcuff can be fixed almost anywhere without being able to move sideways by more than a few inches. The main disadvantage is that the posts mean that it takes up a lot of room. Doesn't leave enough to swing a cat you might say.
jands

Post by jands »

Thanks Keyless, very kind of you. Im not a pro at welding, they don't look pretty up close, but they hold well, each support can handle atleast 55kg per support :P .

I know how you feel about the vanilla diy projects, these ones are just so much more fun! I always think "Well- I could finish the yard work... OR I could spend some time in the shop" then something like this comes out instead of a tidy yard.

I also have the problem of storage, sadly no dungeon to store the toys in. The torso section has 10cm leg sockets that 60cm legs fit into, so you just slide the legs in then its just a matter of tightening up the knobs and they lock in, that way the legs are just random pieces of steel, they kind of look like they are part of a piece of gym equipment. The legs are angled at 15° outwards in each direction, it makes it super stable (even trying to knock it over when you locked in is extremely difficult). A little thing that isn't finished yet is to put pivoting feet that bolt on the bottom of the legs, to give it more grip. Storing the leg and arm supports are the hardest as they are bit bulky, luckily I have a draw at the end of my bed these items take refuge in.

Making the same thing out of wood I think would be easy, if the front leg is 1 piece in a sort of trapezium shape but hinged at the top to the torso rest and the same with the back then a piece of wood to join the 2, would fold away very nicely.

If you do end up creating anything please do upload a photo. I'm eager to see what contraptions people come up with.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks jands.

I am curious to know what it would be like locked in the wooden stocks I posted the link to. If I do get around to some construction, I think I will produce a quick legless version just to try. Mistress K has hurt her hand and is having trouble using her whip. She might decide that she wants more carefully constructed version as an alternative punishment. If so, of course I will oblige. If I do build anything, I will post a photo.