vibrator controller

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
satlars

vibrator controller

Post by satlars »

Hello group
I need good ideas and maybe some software help 

I have created a system which I use for my various vibrators

It is indicated by I bought some cheap Step Down Regulator and rebuilt them

They usually consist of a regulator and a voltage divider at the end measuring the output voltage is the be

I then soldered one resistance of the voltage divider and put it into a five pole your connector so when connecting a vibrator to the controller is a resistance in the socket

the vibrator cord that control this vibrator does not get a higher voltage than it can withstand

So each vibrator has its own coding in the plug which max voltage it can tolerate (some 3V other 4.5V etc.).

Then I found out that leg number 5 on the controller determines whether it should be on or off

This input I use in controlling a pwm signal and can then control the vibrator up and down and it never gets too high voltage due to the resistance of the connector has set max volts.

I built a box with three of the regulator they have as a common 12v power suppler and each has prepared an input out where I can send pwm pulses into the control of power

This solution works fine for several years.

Now I have upgrade system by making a small box about the size of a pack of cigarettes
with three controllers and a wireless receiver and two lithium batteries so we have 7.2 volts and a Arduino Mini to control the radio module which is nRF24L01

The advantage of this is now I have a wireless control of three channels that are portable and has long battery time

Now I make the transmitter I thought me that the transmitter has the same number of regulator as the channels it broadcasts

I thought of making a six-channel management so you can choose to receive the signal wirelessly or plug a cable in the controller and it will be it is the same signal
wireless or wired

Today I have a small pattern generator I use to make pwm pulses to the controller
It has seven programs

1 33% power
2 66% power
3 100% power
4 ramp up from 0 to 100%
5 slow pulses 100% on 100off
6 quick pulses 100% on 100off
7 a long and three short pulses at 100%

I think of building the pulse generator into the transmitter so it's a box that control it all

There must of course be one for each channel and the thought of who would had to get some more patterns in the perhaps Random

I would like to be able to say run the pattern 1 on channel 1 and then pattern 3 channel 2

How you can make a sequence of pattern and determine the order and on some of the channels to run simultaneously

To my girlfriend, I have a set dance briefs with two dildos and a clit vibrator that's why I make the wireless receiver with three channels

I have found out that she will be most surprised when only a vibrator of time which run at a time but the spin the more if everyone is on

Would like to control is a standalone unit to be able to run without the computer should be turned on

I plan to use an Arduino Mega 2560 to make it more than it has a serial USB port

But I am looking for are enough good ideas to management platform and some good vibrator pattern And maybe help a PC program that can control it all via USB

I want to post pictures of it I have built or go more in depth if there are others in the group who could benefit from it

Thanks in advance
Satlars
OrgasmAlley

Re: vibrator controller

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Just a couple of thoughts:

1 - Unless you need the range, you could easily change out the 2.4gHz wireless for Bluetooth. I'm using BT in a couple of things, just sending a command text string via serial from controller to receiver. With this approach, you can control from Arduino/BT, from PC using a BT dongle, or from any modern phone and many tablets. The disadvantage... your current 100M range drops to maybe 15M. HC-06 boards are reliable and cheap, as are BT USB dongles for PC.

2 - For patterns, my spanking machine controller provides the eight described here, which might give you some ideas as the applications are not that different: http://www.orgasmalley.com/som/som2modes.htm

3 - I have a estim system that does the sort of "channel changing" you've described as desirable, but I decided to use a random method in its primary mode (always seed the random generator using an unconnected analog pin). Applied here, you would do the following:
- decide on a "change point" period... could be 5 seconds, could be a minute. I'd use a timer interrupt on Arduino. Set a flag when it dings, and in your loop check for an output change.
- use some percentage change to decide whether or not there is a change. For example, you might check every 5 seconds and use a 10% change to change output... you would expect a change of output about every 50 seconds, but might get one as quickly as 10 seconds or as long as a couple of minutes.
- every time there is a change, you can take to different approaches. First, a complete reset where you ignore what's ON now... decide how many and which channels are ON and switch to that. Second, look at what's ON and have that influence the decision. I used the latter, as it provides a more natural continuity from one change to the next IMO.

4 - I would have your receiver run in a default mode where the inputs are automatically changed and output levels are varied. Optionally, have it listen at the receiver for a command, "enter command mode". From this point on, it does only what the transmitter instructs. The transmitter sends a ping every second... if that ping is not received, return to the automatic mode. You could include a command to change the parameters of the default mode, such that you can send this command and then stop using the transmitter. This provides great stand-alone or solo operation.

5 - If you're not already, I would suggest using something like 3.5mm audio plugs to connect your vibes. Get the ones with a switch tab that lets you know that something is plugged in, and your Arduino can pick up how many vibes are plugged in at the time.

6 - Finally, I'm curious... are you not using the PWM generation capabilities of the Arduino?

Regards,
Paul