Door Lock Solenoid

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Sir Cumference

Re: Door Lock Solenoid

Post by Sir Cumference »

Sounds like a very entertaining start system!

I'm glad to hear that they stand up well to the weather. I have a couple of (completely non-erotic) ideas, and I get more and more convinced that I should just use some door lock motors.

I have experienced the welding of reeds. Many years ago, I built a gizmo, that among other things should be able to fire a camera flash. I only had a 4v signal, and tried to control the trigger current of the flash with that and a reed relay.
After having ruined a handful of reeds, I ended up using the reed relay to deliver current to a 12v classic mechanical relay, and that relay controlled the trigger circuit. It worked like a charm.
(Not exactly an elegant charm, but sturdy an reliable)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Nice people have published pictures of naked actuators!

And this (awfully low resolution, sorry on behalf of the forum where I stole it) looks like the type in the starting post:
image.jpg
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

The bottom one is what I'm familiar with, although the plastic was blue and bellows looks a little different.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Neat to see the internal parts of them. Thank you freddylocks and Sir Cunference for posting.

It sounds like either light friction or a ball detent setup may be worth considering to hold things in place while power is not applied. I believe door locks do something to hold the locks in the unlock position. People get annoyed when this part fails and their door starts randomly locking. Depending on the bondage application, unintentional movement may be equally frustrating.

So, these would be good for making other things happen while in bondage. With nearly an inch of travel, there are many possibilities. That is enough movement to control a toggle switch if someone wanted. It could move a lever, slide a pin, or shake something to add fun to a session. A lever could be set up to control water flow through silicone tubing. Sliding pins could be used to drop weights. A number of boundanna scenarios include either dropped or hanging weights. This could control when it started. The "shaking" option would be limited in both power and duration, but could be fun. Occasionally moving the pulley mounting point for the nipple clamp weight could give an entertaining bounce to the weight.

As a release, I am not particularly enthusiastic. However, a company was producing a bondage chair which used these for locking and unlocking the wrist restraints. I think that I may have found the vendors updated website. They have no future plans to make any more self-bondage chairs after some users reported "harrowing incidents". They may have not had the safest design.

This is definitely an interesting part which could be used in self-bondage senarious. Could be interesting to see what other possible uses are found.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!