Portable suspension rack?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
jAVfan

Portable suspension rack?

Post by jAVfan »

Hello guys, I'm new here, greetings from Japan. I'm taking a break from self since a bad planned session.

Now, I'm more into tie up another person instead of me. Looking for some kind of portable suspension rack for bondage/shibari session. Don't worry, I did classes about how to do it safely, just don't have the equipment.

I was thinking somethings like this, looks like a lighting stand, but never found one that stands the load of a person
http://lesbeehive.com/wp-content/upload ... 5/0213.jpg

Does anybody has some idea?
MSpike

Re: Portable suspension rack?

Post by MSpike »

In the USA, hunting supply catalogs (e. g. Sportsman's Guide) have metal tripods for hanging big game for cleaning. Japan is not well known for big game, and I don't know their shipping costs and import restrictions, but it might be a place to start.

Mar Lingspike
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

My favorite design in this space is the Tetruss... very sound design, and viable as a DIY as long as you can weld effectively.

http://tetruss.com/
RADER123

Post by RADER123 »

Your house can be a great suspenstion place with very little effort
in your own home.
Just find where the cieling joist are located and attach some eye
bolts. Then hang away.
When not using the hooks for bondage, hang a plant or two from the
eye bolts. It will look preaty, and you have your place ready for
bondage at a moments notice.
Rader
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Absent an extensive amount of knowledge about both load ratings and the construction of your house, one cannot simply run an eyebolt through a joist and expect to suspect someone from it. In almost any such application, you will find a need to a) use forged hardware, b) distribute the load across multiple joists, and c) probably structurally enhance the joists involved.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Rader is an expert on carpentry and such things. I would take his advice as is.

Unless there's a huge amount of rot in the joists. In which case I would quickly seek new lodgings.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Thanks for the thoughts, Jenny!

You can certainly take the advice of whomever you'd like, but I'm confident in my own resume. I've been a residential GC, have built a fair number of human suspension points and freestanding frames, and have enough engineering background to design same. This one, from one of my prior residences around 2000, is a great approach if you are implementing with an accessible attic above. You'll note that the lift box crosses three 2x6 joists and ties in to 2x12 rafters. That's because ceilings and floors work as systems. Without understanding span and load, dynamic force of suspension, and the level of compromise your hardware will entail, you cannot make such a general statement finding joists and attaching eyebolts, IMO. Forged eyes and load rated, generic eye bolts are not. You might lift someone, or you might drop them (and perhaps some of your house). I stopped maintaining this particular site nearly a decade ago, but the information there remains valid. Make your own decisions.

http://www.saroftreve.com/workshop/ceiling2.shtml
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

OrgasmAlley wrote:........ I stopped maintaining this particular site nearly a decade ago, but the information there remains valid. Make your own decisions.

http://www.saroftreve.com/workshop/ceiling2.shtml

Whoa!
Hold it right there!

Are you Sartan?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Whoa, hold it right there! By golly I _AM_ Sartan! That's not bad, is it? ;)
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

OrgasmAlley wrote:Whoa, hold it right there! By golly I _AM_ Sartan! That's not bad, is it? ;)
It certainly is not!
:hi:
"Sartan's workshop" was one of the pages that really inspired me regarding the pervy aspects of DIY.
..... It must have been more than 15 years ago!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Very nice to know that I provided a bit of inspiration! Easily could have been 15 years. I think the timing was a no-name collection of projects I created for alt.sex.bondage brought to the web on Tripod in maybe 1994, Sartan's Working With Leather around '96 or '97, and Sartan's BDSM Workshop in maybe '99. Good times... back when I was well-paid by someone else doing something that would not be accommodating of my alter-ego, Sartan!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

:facepalm: Oy.... a class reunion for perverts...

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I too used Sartan's workshop for inspiration. Thank you sir. Your instructions and pictures were among the best and easiest to follow I have seen. I even used to buy some of my supplies from you. As I recall you had the best price on clover clamps I could find anywhere. (Mistress Jenny is fortunate to have a fabric store nearby that carries them, but most of us are not that lucky.) I think I also got locking buckles and some other hardware from you.

I made 2 or 3 collars, and at least 2 sets of wrist and ankle cuffs based on your designs. Still have them and use them after all these years. I think it must be about 20 years for the first one (mine) and probably 8 or 9 years for the set I made for my girlfriend (all custom fitted, of course).
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
SBadiction

Post by SBadiction »

I used to use a frame equipped with strong eye bolts and hooks across the open loft hatch (plenty of overhang so no danger of it slipping and falling), this meant it was across two sets of joists and I never had any problem and I'm not a light weight.
I can well remember the fun I used to have suspended from this!
Have fun and play safe.
Steve
Happily married (but always ready to flirt), wife not into anything kinky so it's self-bondage when I can.
freddylocks

Post by freddylocks »

Sorry, slight thread hijack....

OrgasmAlley, thankyou for the information you had provided over the years. I came across your posts on alt.sex.bondage around 94 onwards. You helped create so much inspiration. Thankyou.

Freddy