Internet Controlled Prison Cell

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
OrgasmAlley

Re: Internet Controlled Prison Cell

Post by OrgasmAlley »

An average room will sustain a person for a decent while. At rest, an adult consumes approximately 550 liters of oxygen in 24 hours. Room air is roughly 20% o2. An average room might be 14x10x8 feet... 32,000 liters. One adult at rest for 48 hours reduces the o2 concentration in this room from 20% to 16.5%. The Internet says one might lose consciousness around 7% o2. Take that for what it's worth.

That said, do not assume air circulates magically. I used to have a "Perfect Victim" style under-bed confinement system, which was a light-controlled space, and as you might expect it was considerably smaller than a room... it also had redundant air circulation fans in light baffled blinds.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Don't forget that as O2 concentration drops, CO2 concentration rises. That's the killer.

Anything above 5% and you're in trouble. Even at 3% you have potentially harmful effects.

See here http://www.ivhhn.org/index.php?option=c ... icle&id=84 to have all the info (and to see that I'm not making this up).

Don't mess with that! We want stories, not headlines!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Good point, Jenny, and closer to an issue in this scenario. An average adult at rest cycles 15 breaths per minute of 0.5L volume, which is:

- 7.5L / minute
- 450L / hour
- 10,800L / day
- 21,600L / 48 hours

Exhaled air from a full breath contains 4% CO2, so in our scenario thus far the room level of CO2 rises from background (0.03%) to 2.7%. Your link suggests that this level is not noticeable at rest but may generate shortness of breath under exertion... which could itself accelerate both breathing and introduction of CO2. You're certainly right that CO2 presence will become an issue before O2 absence. In a 10x10' room with 8' ceiling, 48 hours brings CO2 to nearly 4%, so this is sensitive to room size.

In any case, including planning for a shorter period, I would suggest that it's simple to force some ventilation without introducing light, and even a small air exchange solves the issue entirely.