Electronic Safe with Internet control

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
sissyerika

Electronic Safe with Internet control

Post by sissyerika »

I am lucky enough to be a very owned slave, unfortunately my owner lives half way around the world. This makes our play a combination of self-bondage and internet assisted bondage and control.

My Mistress and i have seen a few projects and ideas of using electronic safes for self-bondage but she always thought they needed a bit more so we have finally put together our own project and wanted to share what we have done.

Since one of the complaints we have read is that some of these safes are next to useless (like the one you can open with a potato...) and very weak. So to start with we went with a better, more secure safe. Mistress chose a Barska safe that she found on newegg for a reasonable price. This is a very solid safe with a big difference being that it uses heavy metal rods that slide into place rather than a spring solenoid.
To control the rods there, is a small motor inside that moves them back and forth as it rotates. Of course this is normally controlled by the keypad.

I removed most of the electronics leaving just the motor and bars and then I connected a Raspberry PI micro controller to the motor, leaving the Pi as the only method of control.

Next I was able to run the power cable through the mounting holes in the back and ran into my first hurdle. The Pi uses a wireless dongle to connect for use for mobility. I didnt want to run an ethernet cable through the house so I cut a USB cable and pushed it though another mounting hole. Then I rewired the cable with a female end and was able to plug the wifi dongle outside the safe.

Since I was working on the hardware, Mistress has been working on the programming. Neither of us had much experience in this but she has come up with a very effective interface. Once everything is connected I place the keys inside the safe and hold the door closed (it has a spring so when opened it pops open).
I have added a magnetic reed switch to the door and the safe so when the door is closed, the interface that Mistress is using will indicate that the door is fully closed. Once she sees that, she presses the lock button and the motor cycles, sliding the rods into place and locking the safe. There is a switch i added to the rod mechanism that indicates the bolts are extended but that seems to be a little buggy right now for some reason. In time the interface will show both if the door is open or closed as well as if the rods are extended or not.

To make it even more fun for Mistress, we have added a streaming PiCam to the setup that is inside the safe as well as a light that can be turned on and off. Mistress can watch as I place the keys inside and close the door and then at any time look at the cam just to see the keys that are fully under her control. The interface is password protected and soon after some more testing, Mistress will log into the pi itself and change the password to the interface and turn off SSH (the back door to access and program the pi). Once that happens I will no longer have any access to the control once the safe is locked. This will give my Mistress very real, very physical control of anything i put into the safe. Obvious things are the keys to my Holy Trainer Chastity, keys to any locks, cuffs, bondage that I am told to wear. A basic scenario is for me to lock my chastity on, wrist and ankle cuffs, collar and then put the keys into the safe. She locks it and I am secured in those items until she decides to unlock the safe.

There are still things ot adjust and improve of course, a major idea is to add a timer to the interface so that Mistress can set it and it will unlock on its own after a set time. There is already a secondary interface that i can log into that only has the cam so that i can see the keys that are locked away from me. Once the timer is working that will be added to the key cam so I can see how long is left, but have o control over it.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on our project.
The safe
The safe
Heavy Rods
Heavy Rods
Wiring
Wiring
Key Display
Key Display
Interface
Interface
lj

Re: Electronic Safe with Internet control

Post by lj »

You do need an emergency key as well. The internet and computers crash, so can the Pi, and as you rely on a functional link to open the safe, if the keys are for restraint (you can suffer in chastity as long as you or your Mistress require) you really need to have available in the event of technology failure.

Easily done with sealed envelopes, tins sealed with breakable identity seals etc.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
sissyerika

Post by sissyerika »

Thank you for the concern, but there are ways to open it. It is not mounted to the weaker back plate it exposed if I ever need to drill into it.

And like all electronic safes, there is a backup key method
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

This is awesome, really cool use of technology! Great job, I'm sure you will have loads of fun using this
sissyerika

Post by sissyerika »

Thank you! I am glad you like it. It is very effective and Mistress is starting to use it more now that is has been tested a few times.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Wow, that's amazing. You can post technical details (schematics), and the programs or source codes?
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Very interesting!

And I love this part:
Since I was working on the hardware, Mistress has been working on the programming.
:love:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~