Adventures in 3D printing chastity belts

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bound_jenny

Re: Adventures in 3D printing chastity belts

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:Along the lines of:
I can see Uranus from here!
You keep away from my assteroids! :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote:
eros is mine; you keep clear or i have to retrain you.
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:
You can keep your crooked ballet slipper - and the NEAR probe sitting on it.

I'll stick with #607. And #6249. :wink: :hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote:
ponylady wrote:
bound_jenny wrote:
You can keep your crooked ballet slipper - and the NEAR probe sitting on it.

I'll stick with #607. And #6249. :wink: :hi:

Jenny.
LOL,
and damn, all i can boast with is a pair of heels louboutin named after me.
[
saxrussell

Post by saxrussell »

Any updates tracker? I wish there was a way to subscribe to email updates...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

saxrussell wrote:Any updates tracker? I wish there was a way to subscribe to email updates...
hmmmh,

since it is a feature i seldom use i haven't really noticed that PHPBBS doesn't offer threadsubscription, unlike the commercial IPB & VB software.
[
thedead30

Post by thedead30 »

This is the coolest thing ever. Great work :D
pansexual

Post by pansexual »

Thanks for sharing. Looks really promising.
Plan ahead. Don't be overambitious. Slowly step by step. Play safe. Have fun. And tell us.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

That's a great piece of work. I hope it's progressing well. I'm looking forward to the next update.

I am wondering which 3D printer you are using. I'm trying to make a boring old steel belt at the moment. So far I have made the tubes from fibreglass. I've been thinking about a 3d printer for a while. If I could print the tubes I'd probably get one. The only problem is that even the cheapest one that will print in nylon is rather expensive and, as far as I can see from photos on the web, the result is not perfectly smooth. Yout prints look superb. No sign of any imperfections.

The process for each modifiication to the tube at the moment involves making a wooden patttern, polishing it, laying up a thin fibreglass shell, removing it from the pattern by very gareful cutting with a dremel tool and a miniature circular saw, then joining the two halves and thickening with more fiberglass. It takes ages and the result is far from perfect. A quicker and better method would be great.

Thanks for your help.
Niels73

Post by Niels73 »

I love it. The way it looks how it fit's you..

IF finished i think i will want one also..

:-)
gemt

Post by gemt »

Keyless wrote:That's a great piece of work. I hope it's progressing well. I'm looking forward to the next update.

I am wondering which 3D printer you are using. I'm trying to make a boring old steel belt at the moment. So far I have made the tubes from fibreglass. I've been thinking about a 3d printer for a while. If I could print the tubes I'd probably get one. The only problem is that even the cheapest one that will print in nylon is rather expensive and, as far as I can see from photos on the web, the result is not perfectly smooth. Yout prints look superb. No sign of any imperfections.

The process for each modifiication to the tube at the moment involves making a wooden patttern, polishing it, laying up a thin fibreglass shell, removing it from the pattern by very gareful cutting with a dremel tool and a miniature circular saw, then joining the two halves and thickening with more fiberglass. It takes ages and the result is far from perfect. A quicker and better method would be great.

Thanks for your help.
Could you find a soluble moulding material? Build your mould, cover it in fibre, then simply wash away the mould, so no cutting.

Another option might be plasticine, painted with varnish, then painted with latex, then painted with fibreglass.
The varnish will add rigidity to the playdough, but the dough can still be dug out easily, until the varnish loses any rigidity, and the latex can be pulled out, leaving a complete fibreglass piece.

The problem I see with this is that you destroy the original mould, but the only way round that is to do plaster-of-paris (P-O-P) gold/silver/bronze staged moulds.
Gold is your original mould, which you paint with varnish then mineral oil, and finally P-O-P, then dremel that plaster outer into 2 halves as a silver.
This will put cuts in your gold.
An alternative is to paint a layer of edging onto your gold. use masking tape from the underside to add a fringe round one half of your gold, then varnish one side and oil and POP (you may wish to pack extra plasticine behind the tape and build a wall), then remove the tape, and add more oil and plaster the underside. Hopefully the two halves will come apart fairly easily.
Next, you coat the insides of that with varnish, and connect the 2 halves together. Use strong tape round the outside.
Pour more varnish inside and shake to cover everything, then oil and shake
Then part-fill with plaster on the inside, and swirl around to get a thick, but not solid, layer, and you have generated a bronze when you pull off the outer, which you can clean up (any flashing or loss of detail).
Add the latex layer, oil and fiberglass, and with some work, you can cut/force the plaster from the inside using the flexibility of the latex without damaging the fibreglass.

If you wish to change the model, you can either go back to the original gold, or generate a new bronze, then alter it by removing or adding material, before generating a new silver, and then a new bronze.

This video shows how to do the "silver" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qC2huojrk4
This video makes a silicone silver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOxqGB3XNPQ
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks gemt for such a long and interesting reply.

I haven't tried those methods, but I did try something a bit similar. Starting with a wooden pattern, I covered it with fibreglass and carefully cut the resulting mould in two with a miniature circular saw, trying not to damage the pattern. I separated the two halves and rejoined them with fibreglass. I filled the mould with molten wax. Once it was set, I carefully separated the halves of the mould again, so as to be able to remove the wax. Then I made the final tube by covering the wax with fibreglass then melting the wax out of the tube. I worked, but there were a couple of problems. Firstly the whole thing took ages. That would have been OK if I had got it right first time. In fact, I must have made a dozen or so tubes by now. The other problem was that the tube wall was rather too thick even using fine fibreglass tissue.

Finally I gave up and bought a 3D printer. It can make a nice light thin tube in about an hour in coarse setting and a few hours on a fine setting. That bit's great.

Unfortunately it hasn't really worked out though. After lots of different tube shapes I thought I'd cracked it. Unfortunately the old medical problem cropped up again. See http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =20&t=9727

It looks as though I might have to abandon chastity. It's a great shame as I spent a lot of time making the belt and it was one of Mistress K's favourite ways to control me.
gemt

Post by gemt »

That's a downer, the medical problem.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

gemt wrote:That's a downer, the medical problem.
It is a bit upsetting, but I am learning a bit about the possible causes of the problem. If I think I understand well enough I might have another shot at it but not 'till I'm sure the present problem is all cleared up.
Flyboy1976

Post by Flyboy1976 »

I would love to purchase one of your belts, have you gotten any further in completion.

Thanx,

Dan