PVC Cuffs

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Old Timer

PVC Cuffs

Post by Old Timer »

I have been making wrist and ankle cuffs using PVC pipe, metal hinges and rivets. I start out with a length of pipe with a diameter for an ankle cuff and cut it so it is about an inch and a half wide. Next I cut the pipe in half and use a dremel and sand paper to round over and soften all of the edges. I position the hinge on the cuff and mark the holes for the rivets. Then I drill the holes and put the rivets from the inside of the PVC cuff out through the hinge. That keeps the inside of the cuff smooth and free of anything that will hurt. I trim off a half inch from each free end of the ankle cuff so it is no longer round ( making sure to round over and soften the edges). Lastly I drill a 1/2 inch hole in each of the free ends about 3/8ths in from the end for a padlock or rope to go through and keep the cuff closed.

These things are pretty tough. I have never been able to break one so far.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
Old Timer

Re: PVC Cuffs

Post by Old Timer »

I guess you folks get no photo, it seems nothing over 512 kiB is allowed.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

If you put it on tiny pic, you should be able to post a link to it. I would really love to see how they're made, I could use another set of ankle shackles. :)
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

You can resize and/or resample the photo, so it goes under 512k, or upload it to an image sharing site and post a thumbnail link in here. I do that a lot with large photos - it avoids cluttering up the thread and shortens page loading times for those without triple-unlimited warp-speed internet connections.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Cuffs.jpg
Cuffs.jpg (12.76 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
Thanks for the tips!!!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I am going to have to try and make a set of these sometime, although I may try and add a clasp to the outside for the lock to go through.

thanks for the idea Old Timer!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

you could put a locking hasp on it just like you did with the hinge.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

I wanted to keep things simple and effective. Also I wanted to be sure there were no sharp edges inside the cuff. The extra holes are there so they can be anchored to multiple points. I might try to make a few more sets, make them more neatly, paint them black and add a hasp.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Old Timer wrote: ......., paint them black and add a hasp.
that will get a bit expensive.
you'll need special colors ( i suggest buying them from screenprinting-/ signmakers-suppliers. starting @ about 30 €/liter).

common colors/laqoues sold at your local DIY won't stick on pvc. you could use a primer, but i can't recommend that as it only institutes a workaround with less than desireable results.
[
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

:hi: Black PVC... 8)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Dark_Lizerd wrote::hi: Black PVC... 8)
unless you find a glossy black pipe it will still look "cheap". and glossy one will look very uneven after sanding the edges.
that's why he wanted to paint it.
[
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

For other purposes, I've had reasonable results with sanding and spray-painting plastic tubing.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

We need a Like Button. Lots of good replies!!!
Qurat

Post by Qurat »

Using the bit bigger hinges and removing the pin, gives good place to put padlock. And also givs cuffs the stiffness and more solid feel. Halfloose cuffs feel sloppy and not seriously taken in my opinion.
Its 50% painless- it doesnt hurt me at all!
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Hopefully this spring I will get the opportunity to melt some iron and try to make a cast set of cuffs. Then I can go for the interior hinge and locking flange. I am sure before that I will work on a few other projects like a nice set of stocks, or a hanging leather strap cage. That bondage machine in the video looks like it might be fun... I have to realize though I do not have a machine or wood working shop and my skills with hand tools is very limited. Its nice to dream and very erotic to try and make this stuff too.