Vibrating motor from gamecontroller

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Sylvia Z

Vibrating motor from gamecontroller

Post by Sylvia Z »

i want to make a vibrating egg, sooo i opened an old controller to find the thing thats makes the whole controller vibrate... Now i have found it! And it works perfect when directly connected to a 9volt battery.

Now i have been looking how to connect the motor to a usb cable or whatever cable you could think of. So i could use it in a program as a teasing device, but how??? I have been looking on the forum but there is pretty much nothing i understand xD Srry for that, but can you guys help me out? Is it possible to connect it directly to usb?

Thx in advance! Hope this works :)

Greets,
S.
Sir Cumference

Re: Vibrating motor from gamecontroller

Post by Sir Cumference »

Basically:"No"

The USB delivers 5V (always on) and "ground" (to let all the happy little electrons return, otherwise you will not have a circuit).
The two other leads are for sending and receiving data. (Data + and Data -)

If you try to hook up a motor to any of these, you are very likely to damage something, and have no control over the motor.

If you look at ebay, you can find several "USB relay boards".
I've never played with these, but they probably come with some sort of software, that will let your computer tell the relays to open or close.

Edit:
They do... but it means that you will be downloading and installing Chinese software!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Relay-2-Cha ... 1320408658

A lot better: Join the League of Perverted Arduinists
Amity started from scratch, and quickly got something working with an Arduino.
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =12&t=8478
It will be good for you to learn programming.... and useful in a lot of other ways!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Sylvia Z

Post by Sylvia Z »

Alright thanks for your reply! I apreciate it

I will have a look at those USB boards, and otherwise i will have to spend some money in the hardware store. But that wouldn't be really subtile at home though... xD
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

It will be very subtile!

You are learning programming. Instead of a vibrator, you just attach a small lightbulb.
The lightbulb will show you what a motor would do, and all anybody else is seeing, is nerdly games to make a bulb shine.

:mrgreen:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Thanks for the link!!!
That is candy for the DIY'r...
AND very affordable!!!
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...