A locking device for buckles

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
tkv

A locking device for buckles

Post by tkv »

Went to the hardware store and got a couple of these:
386399.jpg
386399.jpg (15.17 KiB) Viewed 5505 times
They are meant for boats and made of stainless steel. The loops will be useful in other restraints, what I want here is the hinged bit. (hasp?)

I used some pliers to bend them out of shape:
IMG_3244_res.jpg
And here I hope you'll see how it works. It just hooks into the buckle and then locks.
IMG_3245_res.jpg
There are sharp edges that need some filing/grinding but other than that they're good. And the stainless steel is hard enough that I can't really bend them with my fingers even though it's not that thick.
Sir Cumference

Re: A locking device for buckles

Post by Sir Cumference »

Nice idea!

And as you say: The left over part could be great as an attachment point that can be mounted with screws on walls, furniture and the like.
Attachments
thing.jpg
thing.jpg (7 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Sir Cumference wrote:Nice idea!

And as you say: The left over part could be great as an attachment point that can be mounted with screws on walls, furniture and the like.
WTF??

i work with that stuff professionally but can't come up with the correct english term for the " loop" shown ?

anyway, i got a sturdy 4'' wide collar made of black laqueleather with that "loop" and a ring in front. wearing that one & being leashing is a unique experience because of the flat, sturdy baseplate.
[
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

What is it called in German?

Come to think of it, I know the word for the entire assembly in Danish, ("overfald", actually the same word meaning "assault". I guess the etymology must be "falls/folds down on something/someone").

But the "part with the ring" eludes me.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

OK, I had to look it up...
...": any of several devices for fastening; especially : a fastener especially for a door or lid consisting of a
hinged metal strap that fits over a staple and is secured by a pin or padlock "

So, the round part is called a staple...
I only knew the whole thing as a hasp, or a latch...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hasp
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

it would be cheeper to just replace the buckle with a locking one.
tkv

Post by tkv »

tiemeupalso wrote:it would be cheeper to just replace the buckle with a locking one.
Well that depends. I have several cuffs and collars with similar buckles and this fits all of them, so for me this is way cheaper. Plus I never really liked the locking buckles, the hoop makes them a bit too difficult to use.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:OK, I had to look it up...
...": any of several devices for fastening; especially : a fastener especially for a door or lid consisting of a

But a staple is defined as:
staple (ˈsteɪpəl)
n
1. (Tools) a short length of thin wire bent into a square U-shape, used to fasten papers, cloth, etc
2. (Tools) a short length of stiff wire formed into a U-shape with pointed ends, used for holding a hasp to a post, securing electric cables, etc
So a staple can be used, but I do not think that "the object in question" is a staple.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

That's an interesting idea. I was going to get some cuffs with locking buckles, but then I wondered whether it would be possible to twist the lock and break the pin of the buckle. This idea looks much stronger. I guess it would be possible to remove the roller altogether and put the device directly onto the buckle. It would be permanantly fixed to the buckle of course, but much less fiddly to lock.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Sir Cumference wrote:
Dark_Lizerd wrote:OK, I had to look it up...

But a staple is defined as:
staple (ˈsteɪpəl)
n
1. (Tools) a short length of thin wire bent into a square U-shape, used to fasten papers, cloth, etc
2. (Tools) a short length of stiff wire formed into a U-shape with pointed ends, used for holding a hasp to a post, securing electric cables, etc
So a staple can be used, but I do not think that "the object in question" is a staple.
it is though. http://www.grainger.com/product/Fixed-S ... 1?$smthumb$
probably because when hasps were first used, an actual staple was hammered into wood for the hasp to go over.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

That's a good argument.

( I shall henceforth refer to said object as "a staple")
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

one solution i used with buckled cuffs was to add another hole in the strap closeby, so they come in pairs.

after fastening the buckle i could use the staple holding down the strap to padlock the cuff.
[