(Advice Needed) Mounting Bolts in Ceiling

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Zubba1

(Advice Needed) Mounting Bolts in Ceiling

Post by Zubba1 »

Greetings all.

I am looking for some advice.
I am looking at some advice on mounting some bolts in the ceiling for support bondage, not suspension. I mean, Chains attached to it, and some weight is on it, but its not holding a persons entire weight.

I am looking for any advice you might have found online and what I might be able to do. I have never done contractor work or the like, so I am a little "afraid on doing this" without some reasources to help me.
I loved the idea of the "hollowed out fire detector" for cover for one of the bolts...but I was looking at doing possibly more than one, two or three.

So Anyone have any ideas on hiding those as well, just curious if you have any ideas.

Appreciate your help all...

Thanks
Dark_Lizerd

Re: (Advice Needed) Mounting Bolts in Ceiling

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Yea, I could just see a visitor come over, looking around...
"I can but help but to wonder... why do you have 5 smoke detectors in this room??? Anything you got
going on that you need this much protection???"
Your reply... " :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Aaaa, well.... ah... :oops: :oops: "

I hear hanging plants are a good idea... But you need that by a window...
If you have a cat, or two, a ceiling hook could hold a toy on a long string...
That is entertaining... but a 3 inch hook may be a bit of overkill...

!!! Do any quilting??? (Making your own quilt, like a patchwork quilt)
That needs 4 hooks, and ceiling hanging is the easiest way to get access to the top and bottom...
Maybe you gave up on that, but have never taken the hooks down...
Some other projects work better if you hang the work rather than resting on a table...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I'm not quite sure about your question.

Is it a way to securely mount the bolts, a way to hide them, or both mounting and hiding you are looking for.

Most importantly: What are the walls/ceilings made of?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

"Single Point Anchors & Safety Roof Hooks"
Could be just what you are looking for.
http://www.westernsafety.com/hysafetech ... 10pg5.html
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:If you have a cat, or two, a ceiling hook could hold a toy on a long string...
That is entertaining... but a 3 inch hook may be a bit of overkill...
How big is your cat? :idea: :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
crazy

Post by crazy »

You can always say that the hooks are needed for hanging the Xmas lights on them :)
Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.

Create your ritual & train yourself at http://online-stamina-trainer.herokuapp.com
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

crazy wrote:You can always say that the hooks are needed for hanging the Xmas lights on them :)

There are "cover stories" and there are "plausible cover stories" :wink:

To quote myself:
Oh yes!

Lady C and I once visited some friends, who had rented a house from some of their friends.
Old house with very nice exposed beams in the ground floor.
In one of the rooms, the children had a swing hanging from one of the beams, and the eye-bolts were set something like 150cm apart, not the 50-60cm that was the width of the swing.

I just looked at them and raised an eye brow, and she blurted out immediately, that:"People always do that! It really is for the swing!"
lj

Post by lj »

The snag with "support bondage" is that if there is a "suspension point" at some stage it will be overloaded - simply weight-carrying is different from the dynamic stresses occurring when the victim is struggling. Somewhere on this forum is a long thread discussing the issues, though from a suspension-bondage viewpoint, have a search session.

As long as it is fully understood that it will never be used to support a body that could fall from suspension, robust eyelets work - something with a thread diameter of 5mm should be fine, but you will have to locate a serious supporting joist to screw it into. If you know the construction of the ceiling, you can locate a joist by tapping the ceiling and noting the change in pitch as you cross a joist. Then use a fine drill bit to make pilot holes to locate the void either side of the joist, then put the eyelet in the middle..

There are also blts that have a female thread set into the cap, providing a flush receptacle for an eyebolt to be screwed in - when removed you just have a small hole.

But why do you care, if the bolts are in your private room, no explanation needed.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

do you own the house or are you renting?
if you are renting you can always say they were there when you moved in.
boundsissy

Post by boundsissy »

Here is a link that might help a little from a previous post.
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... f=7&t=7107
LOVE TO ALL
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I looked a little further into it, and it seems, that there is an entire category of fasteners, that are designed to be mounted in the outside walls of building to serve as attachment points for scaffolding.

The anchor stays in the wall, often covered by a plastic cap. What you have is basically a discrete "threaded hole", ready to accept your bolt when you need it.