Maglock can be slid off.

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bs1110101

Maglock can be slid off.

Post by bs1110101 »

The problem i've having is that while the pulling force of the maglock is more then enough, the very smooth armature plate can be slid off the magnet, not easily, but it can be done with far less force then pulling it off.
My question: How can this be fixed without having to drill through it and add pins, pins would work, but adding them would take a large amount of drilling through very hard steel.
lj

Re: Maglock can be slid off.

Post by lj »

just mount the maglock within a wooden enclosure that stops the armature sliding around - it need only be a few bits of wood strong enough that you can't break them with your hands.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bs1110101

Post by bs1110101 »

A wooden bracket type thing on a hinge could work, and i might end up making that, there's also the problem of leverage though, still a good idea.
atiedslut

Post by atiedslut »

I had the same issue. My maglocks are 2in dia so was able to slide & glue the base into a 2in dia pvc pipe leaving a 1/2in lip. Now the armature has to be pulled directly away to remove it. Hope thats helps.
Stephanie
maglock

Post by maglock »

Take some plywood and use a jigsaw to cut several pieces with a cut-out in the middle just the right size for the maglock, now stack them together and glue them together and then fix the maglock in the hole so the front of of the lock is recessed into the wood so now when you attach the armature plate it cannot be slid off.