Help me find or build self locking box please!

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Youngnhard7

Help me find or build self locking box please!

Post by Youngnhard7 »

I remember seeing one a long time ago on these forums. It was in a story about going to a hotel and they had a box that you put your male cloths into and then slide the top and it locks the male cloths in and opens up the other side that has only female cloths in. Please help me find this or if anyone has a link to how to make something like this. Thank you!
lj

Re: Help me find or build self locking box please!

Post by lj »

It would be very easy to make. You need to start with a solid box with a half width top that slides over a divider in the box, giving two separate compartments with one lid shared between the two.

The lid could easily be made to lock in one position by having a spring-loaded latch that would drop into position as the lid slides across. You'd have to have an additional method of releasing the lid, to return it to its normal position for the next time, perhaps a small hatch locked in place that would allow access to the spring-loaded latch, the key, of course, would not be with the box!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
gemt

Post by gemt »

You would probably want a mechanism to ensure the female side can't be opened until weight has been added on the male side,
also, that the male side must be fully closed before the female side is unlatched.

Putting it more simply:
1 The male side can't be latched unless it contains some minimum weight
2 Latching the male side locks it and unlatches the female side

If you wanted to make the system "semi-symmetric":
3 The female side can't be latched unless it contains the minimum weight AND some task completion token, or time-out
4 Latching the female side releases the male side

On top of this, the dungeon-master must have a key to reload the female side and/or remove the token if that is not a one-shot feature.
gemt

Post by gemt »

Actually, the simplest device that fits most of your needs is a high quality filing cabinet.
These behemoths contain a mechanism that means you can only open one drawer at a time.
So the lower drawer is loaded with an outfit, and the top drawer is open.

In the top drawer is an inner shelf on a spring. At rest the shelf sticks "out" and stops the drawer from closing.
When weight is added, the drawer can be closed.

Also, on the top edge of the drawer is a clip/lip which will push under the housing, then spring up to effectively lock the drawer.
To unlock it you slide a shim in the front (think Yale and credit card)

Alternatively, drill a keyed hole in the top or front, such that when the task is completed, the key is inserted in the hole to release the lock on the top drawer.

To make the system more complete, add the whole spring-loaded mechanism to the lower drawer, so the items must be returned.

You could even have a different keyhole on the lower drawer, so that the user has to play through a series of scenarios.

One other thing to say is that the cunning of the mechanism also depends on who the audience is.

If you are the audience, you know how it works, and you need to convince yourself that it is un-trickable.

For example, if the drawer contains an inner drawer on a spring, that has to be loaded to push the locking bar aside, you might just be able to push the locking bar aside yourself, or lean on the drawer as you shut it. To make it secure against yourself, you need to make the jam mechanism work right until the drawer is shut, so you can't just lean on the drawer until it gets past the catch point.

If this is for someone else, then you might be able to do something that if used as expected has the correct behaviour. It is much easier to design if the blocking mechanism is a few inches short of fully closing the drawer.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Can you tell us a bit more about the reason why you want to be denied access to your female clothes until you have locked up your male ones. To force you to wear your female clothes, all you have to do is lock up your male clothes. I can see that it might be fun to have someone else choose your female clothes, so you don't know what they are until you are committed to wearing them.

Whatever the reason, I assume that you must not be able to get at, or even see, your female clothes until you have locked up your male ones.

Anyway, here's my suggestion. You need a box, with two compartments of adequate size. Perhaps you could make this of plywood – thickness such that you could not break it open with any equipment you might have available. There would be a lid, probably metal, which would slide in grooves in the sides at the top. For extra security, the whole thing could be bound along all edges with metal angle. Preferably this would be welded to form a frame and the panels fitted into it. They would be fitted with screws. The heads would be damaged and they would be put in with glue, so that they could not be taken out. The hasps would be cut off two large padlocks and fastened to the underside of the lid – preferably welded or brazed, so you could not remove them before sliding the lid. The bodies of the padlocks would be fastened, very securely, to the male side of the box so that the hasps would engage when to lid was slid across. Perhaps secured with car body filler into a rectangular tube welded to the metal frame.

Finally, the female side would have a second lid hinged to the side of the box, so that it could only be opened when the main lid had been slid across completely and the locks engaged. Find padlocks where the hasp will go in a little beyond the locking point, otherwise the second lid will need to be very accurate.

An alternative to padlocks might be ratchet locks for glass doors. These could be arranged to engage some distance before the lid reached the end of its travel. The ratchet arms would be fastened to the lid instead of the padlock hasps. It would be easier to break the ratchet arm than the hasp of a padlock, but a lot less accuracy would be required in construction. Even so, it might be difficult to make it work smoothly.

BTW you would not have the keys to the locks of course.

I hope the attached diagram will explain the arrangement.
Attachments
Lock box.jpg
Lock box.jpg (15.28 KiB) Viewed 3043 times