Yet another Arduino Vibrator

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Sir Cumference

Yet another Arduino Vibrator

Post by Sir Cumference »

I have some spare time for playing, and I've started a campaign to free the Arduino Unos that are enslaved in various constructions. I simply switch them to Pro Minis. They cost next to nothing and have the same functionality a a full size Uno.

I have made other vibrator controllers, and the last one was based on an IR receiver (TSOP 4838) to receive and handle the signals from a TV-remote.
http://www.righto.com/2009/08/multi-pro ... brary.html has done all the hard work, I just perverted it.
:mrgreen:

The modes are:
Stand-by
Constant on
1:3 on/off
1:1 on/off
Sinus
Sawtooth
Random pulses with random power and pauses
....... And plenty of room for more patterns.

The signal from the arduino goes to an IRL540, that can handle a lot of power.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 14 Jul 2014, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Sir Cumference

Re: Yet another Arduino Vibrator

Post by Sir Cumference »

A few further notes:

There are a lot of different protocols for the remote codes.

Because of that, you will have to start out by reading the codes from the buttons you are going to use and make a list, then you can use those codes in the sketch.

I work with two main parameters, "time" and "intensity". Time is set with right/left buttons, intensity with up/down.

If I push "The big fat enter button" the values are reset to default values of low intensity and moderate time, and "0" returns to standby ( but keeps the values for time and intensity ).

What other patterns could be fun?
I have considered "single burst", where hitting a button would give a burst of preset time and intensity, then return to standby.

A sound or vibration sensor could be a fun input device too.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Another nice diabolical idea! :D

Especially the TV remote idea... :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

IR seems to bounce around quite a bit, that is why you don't need to hit the receiver exactly...
Which...
Could make channel surfing a bit more fun...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Indeed!

The remote I use now, is from a scrapped VCR, and it uses another protocol than the other appliances in the castle.
But using the TV-remote has some entertaining possibilities!

Switch channel and turn up the volume..... And hear the squeal from the stocks in the corner.
:love:

It could be wonderfully perverted to use one of these remotes to control a "toy"
I mean, they are really meant to control toys, aren't they?
And the control box would have to be painted in happy, bright colors!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:Switch channel and turn up the volume..... And hear the squeal from the stocks in the corner.
:love:
Oh, yes! Honey! Change the channel! :rofl:
Sir Cumference wrote:I mean, they are really meant to control toys, aren't they?
And the control box would have to be painted in happy, bright colors!
Indeed, toys... :D

:idea: you could have two boxes - one painted in bright and happy colors, the other in dark and ominous colors... show the helpless victim both, and ask, "Which one should I use?" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And if the batteries run flat, there's always the manual adjustment method. :whip: :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
PiJoy

Post by PiJoy »

Sir Cumference wrote: <nip>

I have made other vibrator controllers, and the last one was based on an IR receiver (TSOP 4838) to receive and handle the signals from a TV-remote.
http://www.righto.com/2009/08/multi-pro ... brary.html has done all the hard work, I just perverted it.

The modes are:
Stand-by
Constant on
1:3 on/off
1:1 on/off
Sinus
Sawtooth
Random pulses with random power and pauses
....... And plenty of room for more patterns.

The signal from the arduino goes to an IRL540, that can handle a lot of power.

Hello Sir Cumference,

Thanks for posting the link to the IR-remote library for Arduino. I haven't previously tried that, but it may simplify some kinky projects I've had on the back burner. Including my own version of a smart/programmable vibrator. To date, I've been coupling that effort with a Hitachi controller, but maybe I ought to rethink that choice.

Thanks again,

PiJoy
natq

Post by natq »

Ha! Now I know what to use those Pro Mini's for!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

lfsfreaky wrote:Hello :) I just stumbled upon the site, while doing an online search for what I had been dreaming of in my head - random programmable vibrator! This post is the first I've seen of a "bullet-style", which is exactly what I've been looking for, forever. Is there currently any way of purchasing one like this, with the ability to be randomly programmed by the user, such as the one you've made? Would you be interested in selling one of yours to me? I'm fairly handy and can electrical solder, so maybe I'll have to do the work like everyone else hehe. :roll: :lol:
Welcome.

It is pretty easy for a DIY-project, and would probably be pretty expensive as a commercial product.

There are programmable vibrators out there: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... rator.html
(controlled by a "dilduino" :facepalm: )

The reason why I chose a bullet style, is that it is easy to interface, powerful and cheap.

I rarely sell the stuff I make, it is so cumbersome and carries the burden of ethics and liability.
.... but I really like to share ideas.
freddylocks

Post by freddylocks »

Oh no! I didn't notice this topic when it came around last July.

However, having had a big arduino for some years and was wishing it came in a smaller but affordable version.

Well, checking them out on Saturday I was surprised to see that they are now less than £4 each. I am now the owner of 2.

They will be great when combined with various 3d prints, a whole new world of masturbation and pinching arms coming up I think. Not to mention the things can build into clothing... Oooh just remembered about coin vibration motors, great in underwear. I remember the bra and pants that were produced with what I thought were linear actuators but can't fine it now to check.

Cheers
Freddy
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

If you want "small", you could consider using an Atmega Attiny85 in a stand-alone mode.

You can use your Arduino as a programmer to upload your Arduino sketch to it, and then it will do it's things happily.
http://highlowtech.org/?p=1695

It only has 8 legs.

3 of those are used for +, - and "reset".
The last five are where the fun is.
They are digital in/out, two of these can also do PWM, and the other three are anlog inputs too.
Small size and low power consumption.

If you want more legs to play with, use the Attiny84:

If you want the full power of an Arduino, but smaller size and low power consumption, you can use the same chip as the Uno uses, but in a stand-alone configuration.
I have used this tutorial for that, and it works like a charm.
http://www.gammon.com.au/breadboard
(It is a bit more elaborate, and I primarily did it, because I bought some of the 328P-PU chips, before I realized that you could get Pro-Minis for next-to-nothing at Evilbay)
limitless

Post by limitless »

Motorola makes a phone with the most intense vibration. Wrap it up, stuff it in and, most importantly, lock yourself up for a good long time so you can't remove it as friends try and "get a hold of you". As an added feature, have a messaging link line near your bed so you can find out who has been "ringing" you.