DIY Bondage Straps

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Zubba1

DIY Bondage Straps

Post by Zubba1 »

I was in the friendly Bondage Depot and saw this.....

I ended up buying 30 feet of the strap and 6 buckles.
A whole $20 or so.

Now...I have been playing with it a bit coming up ideas and I am looking to you guys for help.

The buckles are fine, if the pull is pulling from the ends (meaning you are pulling the strap while its horizontal to you)
But the moment you raise the buckle, tension is lost on the teeth inside the buckle and it immediately loosens quite a bit and fast.

So I played with them...something that worked just a quick second.

Ankle to ankle strap - (squeezes them together)
(above) knee to (above) knee tie - (squeezes them together)
Chest around a chair back tie - (squeezes you to the chair back)

Now, I need other ideas of something this might be able tyo be used for (self bondage as well as with a playmate)

Secondly, who has used this before?
Has anyone done anytype of sewing into them? (just curious, if so, what did you do)
Also, since basically you have two loose sides of the buckle on the strap, while loose, the buckle is moving all over the place, until you buckle them together and pull the ends. I was wondering what your thoughts were on maybe sinching the ends a bit to give a better hand hold, to allow it easier to pull and make it tighter. Any thoughts?

Any other great thoughts to the usage of these...or the other DIY part to it....
Attachments
Strap and Buckle
Strap and Buckle
bound_jenny

Re: DIY Bondage Straps

Post by bound_jenny »

Zubba1 wrote:Now, I need other ideas of something this might be able tyo be used for
For the ankle tie, if you have high heels, cross them over and loop them under the sole. The heels will prevent them from slipping off.
Zubba1 wrote:Secondly, who has used this before?
:hi:
Zubba1 wrote:Has anyone done anytype of sewing into them? (just curious, if so, what did you do)
They're cloth! Cloth can be sewn easy-peasy. You can make a body harness by sewing several together, or with the thinner ones you can make a head harness.

Have sewing machine, will pervert. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I too have acquired a couple straps like that...
Yea, as long as the strap it tight, it stays tight, but raise it up and it loosens...
I would not sew it to size because that would be it's only size...
What you need is a short (4 inch) metal or wood, (clothes pin leg ) secured to the underside of the buckle
to prevent the strap from lifting up...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I used these buckles on the ankle cuffs when I slept in bondage. I adjusted the length then sewed the loose end of the webbing back to the rest of the strap with strong thread. I sewed a square, then added diagonals so it was really strong. With a fixed size of cuff, I could clip in very quickly and be sure the cuff would not be too tight or too loose and it could not slip. The wrist cuffs were similar, but they had to have padlocks instead of buckles. "I can't be bothered with that tonight" is no excuse if it takes less than 30 seconds to get locked in.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

They can easily be sewn.

I use the same double needle technique I use when sewing leather, but you do not need an awl like you normally would to punch the holes for the needles.
(nice demo here: http://youtu.be/Q2lDExF5NbE )

But normal leather rivets and even a hot glue gun will make it stick together.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

A couple of posts above, I said I used to sleep in bondage and used these buckles on the ankle cuffs. I have put up a picture of the straps on the "Sleeping whilst in bondage" thread http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =27&t=7620 The buckles aren't quite the same as those in Zubba1's picture, but work on the same principle.

I think I did the sewing with an old fashioned manual machine that I keep for such things. I'm not sure it would be wise to try with an electric machine. I agree that the double needle technique should work fine as well.