Regular Furniture....with Modifications

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Zubba1

Regular Furniture....with Modifications

Post by Zubba1 »

I was thinking about the furniture we have in our house and the ways they could be used.

So this got me to throw this out to everyone else...
What regular furniture do you have that you regularly use for bondage (and how) and then what regular furniture do you have, that you might have modified (like adding a bolt the underside so its hidden but still usable, etc).

I guess the other question, if you were looking for furniture for your house...with bondage in mind, what would you pay specific attention to?
boundsissy

Re: Regular Furniture....with Modifications

Post by boundsissy »

The two main items in our house is, other than the bed, the coffee table and the piano bench, the dining room table does not seem strong enough. :hi:
LOVE TO ALL
lj

Post by lj »

Our bed has chains attached to all four corners, each with a snap-link, plus a central ring on a chain between the head-board ends', suspended just below mattress top by a black ribbon. Covers most options :twisted:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

we have a modular metal regalsystem.
very handy to restrain someone using snaplocks. and since it's anchored by about 800 KG of books i even had somebody suspended upside down and streched away without the regal budging.
[
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

I don't have an entire home to work with, so I stick to my bed and self-contained constructions.

If I was looking for furniture, though, it would depend on how important appearances are (living room and dining room are publicly accessible, a computer room and bedroom much less so). For completely vanilla furniture, I'd focus on the design strength - a coffee table that won't break if I lie down on it - and availability of natural tie down points - slatted wood panels are a good option, and some of the fancy wrought iron work will give you dozens of choices. For more private rooms, I'd look for things that were strong and made of wood. Wood is much easier to modify than metal, and I'm more willing to convert my bed, or bedside table into an ideal bondage tool than I am my living room couch.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I once had a fantastic futon with poles at the corners and a horisontal bar at each end.

I miss it!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I can thoroughly recommend a four poster bed as versatile bondage frame and it also serves as a bed to sleep in! You can show to your friends and they will have no idea what you really use it for. Given what you might decide to do with it, it must be strong or there might be a nasty accident. Of course, the design must also provide plenty of places to fix ropes, handcuffs etc. Unfortunately, to get one I was happy with, I had to make it but it was worth it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Keyless wrote:You can show to your friends and they will have no idea what you really use it for.
Until they see the scuff marks on the posts... :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

bound_jenny wrote:
Until they see the scuff marks on the posts... :rofl:

Jenny.
It's a good reason to keep still, particularly if metal restraints are attached directly to the bed. It's not just the posts either. The top rails, the side rails and the headboard all provide attachment points. It's not too difficult to repair minor damage with a bit of sandpaper and some polish. If that failed, I suppose some imagination would be required to think up an alternative explanation.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Scuff-marks is one thing. I have more trouble explaining the eye-bolts in the wall.
:D

"It really is a funny place to hang pictures! And why use so sturdy hooks for them?"
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
freddylocks

Post by freddylocks »

Sir Cumference wrote:Scuff-marks is one thing. I have more trouble explaining the eye-bolts in the wall.
:D

"It really is a funny place to hang pictures! And why use so sturdy hooks for them?"
Or explaining the oversized ceiling beam with eyebolts.
Or the bolt holes in our wooden short bed post which are used for attaching a tall post.

Surely scuff marks are the sign of aged furniture? Just make lots more use and make all bits of the bed scuffed.

Cheers
Freddy
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Oh yes!

Lady C and I once visited some friends, who had rented a house from some of their friends.
Old house with very nice exposed beams in the ground floor.
In one of the rooms, the children had a swing hanging from one of the beams, and the eye-bolts were set something like 150cm apart, not the 50-60cm that was the width of the swing.

I just looked at them and raised an eye brow, and she blurted out immediately, that:"People always do that! It really is for the swing!"

:mrgreen:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:I just looked at them and raised an eye brow, and she blurted out immediately, that:"People always do that! It really is for the swing!"
That's about when a small, crooked smile would add itself to my raised eyebrow.

Most likely followed by more flustered blurting of various excuses... :mrgreen:
Keyless wrote:I suppose some imagination would be required to think up an alternative explanation.
That's the entertaining part: watching someone frantically attempting to find those alternative explanations! You can almost see the gears turning furiously inside their head! :rofl:

Jenny.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

I wonder...would giving reassurances "It's ok, I know exactly what you mean" make things better or worse?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Tenderfoot88 wrote:I wonder...would giving reassurances "It's ok, I know exactly what you mean" make things better or worse?
I suspect that it would make a red face even redder... :rofl:

Isn't it fun making people squirm (bound or not)? :mrgreen:

Jenny.