Home Made Locking Wrist & Ankle Cuffs

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
CDslut2014

Home Made Locking Wrist & Ankle Cuffs

Post by CDslut2014 »

Being basically tight, and quite capable of doing things myself, I came up with my own lockable wrist cuffs and ankle cuffs that incorporate "Shoe Keepers"

They are nothing epic but they certainly do the job.
Image Image

The leather came from a couple of old belts I bought from a charity (thrift if you are in the US) shop, the eyelets are available in most DIY stores and the lock pins are home made on my metal lathe. The padlocks are 20mm

Total cost for the lot. no more than £20.00.

The "shoe keepers" need to be modified with extra eyelets in to make them more adjustable, but other than that, what you see is the result of about an hours work.
Have fun but play safe.
Keyless

Re: Home Made Locking Wrist & Ankle Cuffs

Post by Keyless »

Very nice. The turned pins are very neat.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

nice work.
[
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Nice work.
(I also prefer the "make it work! Then look at the artistic details in version 2"-approach)

Could we have a close up of the pins?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
CDslut2014

Post by CDslut2014 »

Sir Cumference. Ask and ye shall receive.

Below is a photo of the two differently sized pins I made for my lockable ankle and wrist cuffs.

One pin is longer than the other as it needs to pass through three layers of leather, instead of two.

With regard to the "Version 2" I couldn't agree more. In the future I intend to improve the design. (adjustable instep straps, rounded ends, neaten up the cut edges, dye the leather black. etc.) but these V.1's were made in about an hour when I had some "alone time" Being currently unemployed I should be able to find a little more alone time to perfect the idea.

The shorter pin is 15mm long, not including the 1mm thick shoulder at the base.
The longer pin is 20mm long not including the 1mm thick shoulder at the base.
Both pins are 10mm in diameter to suit the eyelets in the leather
The holes for the padlocks are 6mm, simply because that is the drill size that I grabbed and it looked "about right"

The pins are made of steel but could, just as easily, be made of brass or aluminium or even plastic if push came to shove.

Do take care to remove any and all sharp edges. Especially on the shoulders, as they are in contact with YOU. I have no wish to be held responsible for laddered tights or stockings. :lol:

Have fun and let's all be careful out there.
Have fun but play safe.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Thanks.

I really like the idea of using eyelets and pins. If the required length of the strap is known, it makes the construction so much simpler!

They do add a bit of thickness. Have you considered if a thin washer on each side of the "stack of leather" would work?
It is rather thick leather, and not likely to deform much under strain.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
CDslut2014

Post by CDslut2014 »

I did consider just punching the holes in the leather and using washers, as you said, but I had the eyelets left over from another job and thought I might as well put them to good use. Given that the pins were made from a piece of steel I had that was originally two feet long the added length wasn't an issue.
Have fun but play safe.