An afternoon in the workshop: Stocks

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Sir Cumference

An afternoon in the workshop: Stocks

Post by Sir Cumference »

I was doing a much needed cleaning of the Castle Cumference Workshop, and stumbled over a piece of wood:
16 cm wide
80 cm long
3 cm thick
The perfect dimensions for something I've wanted to make for a long time.

The cleaning came to a grinding halt, and I started playing instead.
image.jpg
The locking mechanism is so far just a simple pin (a cut down bolt with a wing nut for a grip)
image.jpg
Once it is closed, there is no way to get out of it (apart from pulling the pin of course) short of breaking it, and it is a very sturdy construction.
:mrgreen:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Re: An afternoon in the workshop: Stocks

Post by bound_jenny »

Once idle hands get busy in the devil's workshop, this is what you get... nice attention to detail. :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

That's a super piece of work. The great thing about nicely made things like that is that, once they've been checked on the victim, you don't have to fiddle about making sure its not too tight or too loose, worry that it might break or injure the victim with splinters, sharp edges etc. It looks good too.
housefan111

Post by housefan111 »

Looks good!

Perhaps some sort of magnetized or spring-loaded pin so that this could be used for self-bondage?
"Bondage is all about changing the balance of power. That's what makes it fun."
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

A simple latch on the end should do it.
I have a couple of ideas.

And this one is close to what I need.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
natq

Post by natq »

Very nice, what tools did you use?
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

natq wrote:Very nice, what tools did you use?

Thanks.

Hmmmmm, English names for common tools in the workshop.... I'll come back to that one once I get hold of the dictionary!
:oops:
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

OK, time to some shop talk.

You can get by with less, but this is what I used:

Metal plates:
Made from 5X20mm iron strip (it was in my bucket of "mixed iron).
Measured to length, marked with a scribe and cut with a hacksaw.
The middle of the metal was marked with a compass, just to get it right from the beginning.
Then I marked the first hole 10mm from the end of the plates with a center punch, drilled them in my drill press and chamfered the holes.
On one of the strips i marked and punched the other two holes, bolted them all together through the first hole, secured them in the drill press vice and drilled them. In that way, I'm sure that they are identical.
All corners were smoothed on a belt sander.

Wood:

I marked the center of the holes on the board, cut the small holes with a hole saw in the drill press, outlined the large holes (my hole saw was too small) with the compass and sawed the hole with an electric jigsaw.
Then I changed blade on the jigsaw, mounted the side stop, and cut the board through the middle.
(I really do not like the jigsaw! It is noisy and does a sloppy job.... but is quick!).
A block plane, sandpaper and a sandpaper roll in the drill press was used to make nice corners and surfaces.
The one important hole, is the one for the hinge pin!
I drilled that one first (drill press), bolted one of the metal plates in place, used an angle to make sure it was straight, clamped the two wood parts together and used the plate as a jig to drill the holes in the other piece of wood.
The plate with the locking pin in the other side was mounted in the same way.

.... and everything could be assembled with nuts and bolts.
(I still need to stain it!)

I think that was about it.
housefan111

Post by housefan111 »

Sounds like Castle Cumference has quite the workshop!
Sir Cumference wrote:marked with a scribe
Did you mean "pencil," or "marker" perhaps? We don't usually say "scribe" in English unless we're talking about Ancient Egyptian scribes. :lol:
Sir Cumference wrote:(I really do not like the jigsaw! It is noisy and does a sloppy job.... but is quick!)
I agree! I've gotten cleaner cuts by putting the wood in a blender! :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

housefan111 wrote:We don't usually say "scribe" in English unless we're talking about Ancient Egyptian scribes.
[Buzzer sound] Nope. There is such a thing as a scribe or scriber for a kind of sharp stylus to scratch a mark in something ... like scrap wood found lying about Castle Cumference. Or an ancient stone tablet (ever wonder why they're called scribes?).

The ancient Egyptians didn't corner the market on scribes either. Their monopoly was on people walking sideways. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

LOL @ jenny

and nice work, sir cumference.
[
housefan111

Post by housefan111 »

Jenny, I did not know that. My apologies :oops:
I will now bind myself as punishment for my misdeed. :gag: :rofl:
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Thanks for the nice words :love:

"Idle glands in the castle workshop" is not something to take lightly!

The scribe/scriber is great on metal, where it can otherwise be a little hard to make a clear, exact line that will not rub off. Normal pens and pencils rub off easily.

The castle workshop is actually quite small, but i love tools and gizmoes, making it rather overfilled. If it is something big or flaming, I move it into the courtyard.

By the way: on the first picture, it looks like the upper part is out of alignment with the lower part. It is not, but because it rotates around the hinge pin, it describes a circle when closing. Once it is completely closed, it is in alignment.
A normal hinge on the end of the stocks would not do that.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I find stocks to be very appealing but have never made any as I can't see a way to use them in a selfbondage scenario. I guess they can be made to lock easily with some form of ratchet mechanism but how could you have a timed release ? Any idea anyone?

ps nice workmanship.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

A door electromagnet connected to daisy chained timers would be the safest option I think.

With the magnet on one part and and an iron plate on the other, all you would have to do, was to set the timers, position yourself and let the stocks close. As soon as the magnet and iron plate meet, you will be stuck until the first timer run out.

The emergency release could be something as simple as pulling the lead with your teeth, to pull the plug out of the outlet... tipping over a bucket of waste oil or goat's urine along the way.

There are loads of possible magnets, solenoids and actuators. The challenge is to make a system that will "fail safe" and release if something goes wrong.
The door magnet will do that.