arduino, switches and ... a long walk

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
BoundTammy

arduino, switches and ... a long walk

Post by BoundTammy »

I am into being locked in high heels and, of course, being forced to keep them on, walking in them.
Although i have a house in the middle of nowhere, walking in stilettos on grass just doesn't work for long so i set up something that can work inside.

This is something i built, very basic for now, but ready to be expanded to new features.
Given the largest room is about 7 meters long (about 22 feet for the folks on the other side of the pond...), i set a pushbutton on each side, a simple doorbell button.
Some very important key is hung with a small magnet somewhere... It may be the key to the locks keeping your heels on, or to the door that lets you go to that key or whatever. (safety escape system also in place on multiple levels)
The basic idea is that I have to walk a given distance before i can get released. Programming the thing to release the key only after you have pressed (with your foot) each button in sequence X times is as easy as it goes. Let's say you want a 7 Km walk, that is 1000 crossings and pushes.

Now, 1000 crossings can become quite boring, so i would like to add some variety in the game.
Assuming that we can have a spectrum of switches/sensors, i would like to add some new features like maybe having to climb on a block from time to time or maybe stand still in a spot for some time. Or adding some tens entertainment on the way. Adding rules to the game.

It already has a rule that you have to walk a minimum of X crossing per 5 minutes period. if you are to slow it extends the distance... (although it has a safety max time release)

What I would like is to hear your ideas for more rules to program in the system, with adequate punishment in case of failure, of course.

Maybe this fits more in the scenarios forum, but i think it can be discussed here, as it may imply creative use of devices.

That's where your kinky ideas are needed.

Thanks
Keyless

Re: arduino, switches and ... a long walk

Post by Keyless »

I do like scenarios which make sure I go through with some exercise or chore, so this idea appeals. I'm thinking perhaps a switch at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. No restraints or high heels of course, that could be dangerous. If there are no stairs, maybe ankle weights would be useful.

Faced with walking 7km in high heels/ankle weights, or having to go up and down stairs over and over again, I would be temped to try to tamper with the equipment to avoid the task. In fact, I would say that the task would not be difficult enough if I did not at least consider cheating. A possible problem with high tech equipment that you build yourself is that you know how it works, and it is amazing what loopholes you can find when faced with the problem for real.

Hopefully you already have that aspect covered. If not, I suggest it might be useful to look at the techniques and devices used for burglar alarms. Switch boxes etc have anti tamper switches that operate as soon as you try to open the box. Cables are multi-core and some of the cores are anti-tamper wires. If you cut the wrong one, the control unit will know straight away. The wires in multi-core cables are different colours, so you have to have some way of forgetting, or not knowing, what they do. You could put the same colour sleeving on the ends, then jumble them up and use a multimeter or bulb and battery to select the same conductor at each end. Also, lock up your multi-meter so you can't use it to figure out what the wires do whilst it's running.

If you do try to tamper, the system would have to punish you. High heels or ankle weights 'till morning?
BoundTammy

Post by BoundTammy »

Thanks for giving it a thought.
I do like scenarios which make sure I go through with some exercise or chore, so this idea appeals. I'm thinking perhaps a switch at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. No restraints or high heels of course, that could be dangerous. If there are no stairs, maybe ankle weights would be useful.
The system by itself can be used in any situation you like, be it stairs or plain flat surface. The point is you have to move from A to B X times. It is obviously up to the user to select a non dangerous scenario.
Faced with walking 7km in high heels/ankle weights, or having to go up and down stairs over and over again, I would be temped to try to tamper with the equipment to avoid the task. In fact, I would say that the task would not be difficult enough if I did not at least consider cheating. A possible problem with high tech equipment that you build yourself is that you know how it works, and it is amazing what loopholes you can find when faced with the problem for real.

Hopefully you already have that aspect covered. If not, I suggest it might be useful to look at the techniques and devices used for burglar alarms. Switch boxes etc have anti tamper switches that operate as soon as you try to open the box. Cables are multi-core and some of the cores are anti-tamper wires. If you cut the wrong one, the control unit will know straight away. The wires in multi-core cables are different colours, so you have to have some way of forgetting, or not knowing, what they do. You could put the same colour sleeving on the ends, then jumble them up and use a multimeter or bulb and battery to select the same conductor at each end. Also, lock up your multi-meter so you can't use it to figure out what the wires do whilst it's running.

If you do try to tamper, the system would have to punish you. High heels or ankle weights 'till morning?
Well, here here most of the brainstorming goes....

First of all, IMO, the 3 problems to be solved are (in this order):

1. A safety escape if anything gets really wrong (e.g. you fall from the heels and break an ankle) SAFETY FIRST
2. A way to get free if the whole system freezes
3. A way to prevent cheating.

N. 1 there is a nice big red mushroom pushbutton: you press it and you get free... But what prevents you from pushing it just because you're tired? It comes at the cost of frying your beloved just built controller and at the same time doing some big damage to something else quite valuable (like spilling used motor oil on all your clothes - we crossdressers love them - carpet and wooden floor, or something even more costly. I know that is not a way to be sure to do the chore 100%, but safety comes first. No way I would put myself, or anyone else for that matter, in a totally unescapable situation. The cost of release must be high enough to prevent you from doing it.

N. 2 Never trust technology! The whole thing is powered by a battery that will eventually drain down to release in a reasonable time

N. 3 That is the fun part. My setup is simpler than your suggestions, adhering to the KISS (keep it simple, stupid!) international engineering standard. The controller and the "get free" magnet are obviously fixed on the ceiling, well out of reach, as are the cables running from the contacts. The program expects a signal ALTERNATIVELY and in SEQUENCE from the two contacts. so if you close the A circuit, you next have to close the B circuit to make the counter advance. Any tampering with the boxes or cutting cables will only make your life more difficult as instead of just stepping on it you would have to manually close them in sequence anyway and it will not shorten your journey a single cm/inch. Just make sure you cannot pull the cables down in any way without actually breaking them. So I think I'm quite safe with that.

Your suggestion brought a nice new idea. It gets a bit more demanding in terms of hardware, but nice. Lets say side A has still the same lonely contact. Part B, on the other side has more, l 2 or better more. What you have to do is press A to reset an then B1 B2.. to go on, but they are randomly chosen with no visual indication. So if you get it right, your counter advances (let's be nice and have a beep tell you you did it right) if not: back to reset and try again. It would add quite a bit of frustration and incertainity about how much you still have to walk.

There is a punishment aspect already contemplated if you do not get X contacts in Y time, it gives you a nice boop on increments the distance by a random measure.

Thanks
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

OK, as for "cheating" the system...
Why???
Would you cheat at paying solitaire???
Why??? What would you gain???
But, if you set this up for me to do, sure, I may cheat...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
BoundTammy

Post by BoundTammy »

But, if you set this up for me to do, sure, I may cheat...
Exactly what I would do

Tam
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

BoundTammy wrote:
First of all, IMO, the 3 problems to be solved are (in this order):

1. A safety escape if anything gets really wrong (e.g. you fall from the heels and break an ankle) SAFETY FIRST
2. A way to get free if the whole system freezes
3. A way to prevent cheating.
Regarding your item 1. I had assumed that, you would not have any restraints other than the high heels, which could be cut off if necessary, providing you took the precaution of having a pair of scissors or a knife available. I had envisaged ankle weights made of some sort of cloth with weights built in, which could also be cut off in an emergency. I also thought you might also have access to tools, extra wire or other electrical bits and pieces. If you are planning to walk with restrained hands, I believe there is some risk. I fell flat on my face once, without being able to use my hands to save me, (not a bondage accident). I was lucky not to break my nose.

I agree with your SAFETY FIRST approach. In some cases the possibility of escape can be dangerous in itself, for example, if you are tempted to stretch so that you might lose your balance or stand on something unstable.

Regarding your item 2. I absolutely agree that technology should not be relied upon to provide a release. I like software, and tech in general, it allows much more complex schemes. Unreliability is the big downside. Personally, I am happy with a relatively non-destructive emergency escape. For example, if I am to be chained up I usually take a nice shirt, wrap it round a heating pipe, then pass a chain up one sleeve and down the other (not round the pipe of course). So long as I have a pair of scissors handy, escape can be quick and clean. So far, I have never used this emergency escape to cheat.

Regarding your item 3. Even though my emergency escape does not have to be that costly, I hate finding I can cheat, or even finding that I could have cheated after the session is over. The sort of cheat I had in mind for your idea was perhaps to detach enough wire to get the switches side by side (which you have obviously prevented). If that were not possible, I thought it might be possible for you to get some extra wire, cut the wire leading to one of the switches, extend it and fit another switch so that the two were side by side.

Regarding the idea of having two switches on one side of the room. If each switch has a 50% probability of being the right one, there is a very small but finite probability that you will get it right every time. There is also a very small probability that you will very rarely get it right and it will take a very long time to get out. Over hundreds of trials it is most likely that you will get close to 50% right. You know in advance that it's going to take about two trips, on average, to get one correct, and there is nothing you can do to change that.

I think you need something which you can get right in theory, but you have a good chance of making a mistake. A simple option could be two buttons at one end of the walk. You start by pressing button 2. After that, each time you reach that end of the room you have to push button 1, unless you have completed a certain number of round trips since you last pressed button 2, maybe 10, when you have to press button 2 again. If you lose count and press button 2 at the wrong time, you lose the credit for that batch of trips and have to start counting again. Another possibility might be to have several switches that you have to press in the right order. With just 3 switches there are 6 possibilities. I would find it difficult to go through all of them systematically, without getting lost. Four switches gives 24 possibilities. Perhaps you have to make a trip between each go, and you have to keep trying until you have got all the combinations, then you get a credit. You need a certain number ofcredits to get free. There would need to be some limit to the number of trips before you are released anyway. If it were me, I would assume that I would get very confused. I would start with a small number of switches, need a small number of credits and assume that I might never get free by doing the task and set the limit appropriately.

Sorry it has taken a while to respond.
BoundTammy

Post by BoundTammy »

Doing a dry run tomorrow. will keep you posted
BoundTammy

Post by BoundTammy »

Did the first real (although short) run yesterday.
Worked as a charm.
I made it easy, as it was still a test run. Just 1.5km to walk and the keys would drop down. They did.
Theresajayne

Post by Theresajayne »

to make it more fun, why not have switches all over the house, not just one room - you could use those wireless doorbells possibly with the bell itself connected to a pi or arduino,

1. you go to a screen it tells you which button to push,
2. walk to the button and push it
3. walk back to the screen to see the next button.
4. rinse and repeat