Power Laces / Binds

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
GreenwichMistress

Power Laces / Binds

Post by GreenwichMistress »

I just read an article about how a company is going to make those power-laces from the Back to the Future movies real.

http://gizmodo.com/nike-designer-says-m ... socialflow

Is there a real way to do with with binds? I've seen self-bondage chairs, but it only seems to work with the wrist restraints. And horror movies that have traps that lock right around your wrists and ankles just seem unsafe. Anyone working on something like this?
Tenderfoot88

Re: Power Laces / Binds

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Hmm, most of the time we see self fastening restraints, it's supposed to be some manner of futuristic technology, or just magic. At least, that's my experience.

One method I could see using with metal restraints would be to have a rigid metal restraint (not a handcuff - something that closes to a specific diameter of hole, larger than the body part it wraps around). Have it set up so that on the bottom side there are 2 metal plates that, when pulled closer together, the restraint closes. And in the opening where you lay...whichever body part is to be restrained, you have a button. The button triggers an electromagnet on the reverse side placed between the 2 plates. This electromagnet pulls the 2 plates closer together and closes the restraint.

I'd have the button act as a toggle-on only, so when you pull away from the restraint, or accidentally press the button again, you don't switch it off. Unless you want it to work that way, of course.)

For safety, you'd run whatever device you built with these off a battery, so even if a normal release trigger fails (or if you have no soft release trigger), the battery dying would cut power to the electromagnets. The restraints stay closed, but there's nothing holding them shut, so a bit of wiggling will displace them. Many electromagnets run off 12V DC, which fits a car battery pretty nicely (and it's rechargeable too); that said, you may want to see just how long a car battery can keep those restraints closed before you sit/lay/whatever down in your new device.

Getting it to work with rope, chain, cable or the like would be a bit more complicated, especially if you like blood circulation. You could set up the same thing with ropes wrapped around the wrist and winches to pull the ropes, but most winches are intended for pulling at significantly-greater-than-human levels of force...easily enough to cut off circulation, if not cut off the appendage (especially with thinner rope/cable). I'd also be concerned about having the automatic release - winches tend to have ratcheting systems so they don't let go. It'd take a lot more modification to make it work at all, and very careful selection of parts to make it work safely.

Alternatively, you could hope Nike's not messing with us and wait a year for them to release their technology...if they find a method to design a self tensioning shoelace without much reliance on in-shoe hardware, it could be repurposed for tying you to things other than your shoes.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Hmmm... self-lacing shoes... Such a system would be wonderful for corsets! It might even bring corsets back into style! :D

But then, depending on how tight the wearer wants her corset( :hi: ), one might need a winch-sized apparatus... :lol:

On the other hand, I just love tightening my corset laces, squeezing each little fraction of an inch slowly and sensually out of my waist, until everything is as stiff and hard as a rock and every breath makes my corset creak... Mmmmmmm.... :love: :drool:

Mop, please! :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
GreenwichMistress

Jenny, you and your poetic brain make me wonder why I'm not in a cage in your house right now. You make my blood simmer and boil at the same time. Got any fulltime slave openings? I switch, but if you're on the button, I'll gladly give up my free will.
GreenwichMistress

Tenderfoot, you got me thinking about rigging something interesting with weights. Think about this. Spreader bar between your ankles. The bar has an eyelet or hole in the center. A rope goes from your collar d-ring, through the spreader hole, and up to the ceiling. Around where the rope reaches your posterior region, knot in a d-ring for your wrist restraints to be attached. There's a pulley or clothesline wheel hooked on the ceiling. The rope goes through the wheel and down to a stack of weights of your custom heaviness. These weights are on the edge of a chair or stack of books. All it would take would be one little pull at the rope for the weights to swing away from the stack and slowly fall to the floor. That would bring your arms up, and your head down. As long as you don't put too much weight, the spreader bar will remain where it is and you will stay upright. There would be scissors hanging down behind you, but you'd have to waddle bacwards a bit to reach them.

What do you think? What can you add? Maybe something messy to be triggered, or maybe a dildo in front of your face for humiliation.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Hmm... (I'm interpreting this as the rope from the collar in the front, down to spreader bar between the legs, and up along your back with wrists tied to it along the way, then up to the pulley-and-weight system. My back bends maybe half a degree backward with my full upper torso hanging down, so not much point in pulling my neck back unless your intent is violence well above and beyond my hard limits)).

First thing that comes to mind - nipple clamps, preferably clover, connected to the rope in the front. When the weight is displaced, it goes from being comfortably taut to being pulled on.

Second thing is dildo positioning - position a dildo in front such that for your neck to bend down/forward according to the weight, you have to either suck it as deep as you can, or have it mashed up against your face uncomfortably. Bonus points if you rig this up to an ejaculation rig that triggers at some point.
Another one (or two for women who are so inclined) positioned such that in order to reach the release method, you need to slide the dildo(s) in as deep as you can handle.

Possibly combine this with some form of genital torture - sandpaper (something like 200 grit or finer should manage it - the skin's awfully sensitive down there) or, for guys, a strand pulling you away from the release by the balls - comfortable at the starting position, increasingly painful as you inch toward the release...though I suspect the 200 grit sandpaper would be similarly effective on all relevant anatomy.

And, of course, the tug on the arms of however much the weight pulls your head down.

This version's designed for someone who's relatively inflexible, like me. If you can set up the weight so it pulls you down to a formal bow and arms straight up, most of these modifications aren't really physically possible. (Aside from the clamps, unless they get tugged off.)