Time Safe

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Evyx

Time Safe

Post by Evyx »

Hi,

I just found this a minute ago:

http://www.thekitchensafe.com/

It's a simple plastic container, that's kept close by some kind of elextrical lock for a time between 1 minute and 10 days.

Just place your keys in it and have fun.

Of cause it is only a plastic box, but it seems to be qute stabe. And in a way you could use this fakt as a backup release: You can break the box if you realy want to, but you will think twice about breaking the 40$ box.

Another idear: maybe its possible to use this device as a basic for a realy easy to use direkt time lock? Of cause it will need some remanufaktoring, but maybe it could be easier than making such a device all by your self.

What do you think?
Jadit

Re: Time Safe

Post by Jadit »

If only it was much much smaller, i might buy.

Actually that could be a real market idea for someone. Small timed safes don't exist in this world as far as i know.
Cobra1971

Post by Cobra1971 »

Hey, this looks like a great item, might buy one. However, you need to have a backup. I found in the FAQ that if the power dies, you have to replace the battery ... THEN it will count down to zero. Be SAFE!!!

Cobra
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

you need to have a backup.
I would have thought that went without saying. But I'm sure it could be forced if the alternative was worse than breaking the box. Without seeing it up close or knowing what it's made from, I couldn't say whether the weapon of choice would be a knife, a screwdriver or a large hammer, but I'm sure one or more will work. (I'm betting on the screwdriver ... possibly with percussive assistance...)
I found in the FAQ that if the power dies, you have to replace the battery ... THEN it will count down to zero.
What the FAQ says is:

What happens if the Kitchen Safe runs out of power when the lid is locked?
The lid will remain locked and will continue counting down once the battery is replaced.

I read continue as meaning that it would continue from where it left off, which would be better than starting from scratch or opening prematurely. You just need to make sure the batteries are fresh (use reasonably new rechargeables and charge them regularly), and check periodically if you're on a long lockup.

The alternative would be to have another battery to keep it ticking, which sounds sensible, but IME, nobody gets around to checking the backup battery!
KatieTiedUp

Post by KatieTiedUp »

Started reading this thread and decided to build myself a little time safe, only took a few mins to put together.

Its an electronic safe which I have removed the circuitry from and wired a timer into the solenoid.

Not great if there is a power cut and you're using a transformer but you can always use a battery instead because its only 12v, you could even connect a car battery and keep it running for weeks if that's what you want to do.

going to have some fun with this now :gag: :D
P1010411.JPG
johns1234

Post by johns1234 »

Evyx wrote:What do you think?
you weren't the first to find that one ;)

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 12&t=10141
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

KatieTiedUp wrote:Started reading this thread and decided to build myself a little time safe, only took a few mins to put together.

Its an electronic safe which I have removed the circuitry from and wired a timer into the solenoid.

Not great if there is a power cut and you're using a transformer but you can always use a battery instead because its only 12v, you could even connect a car battery and keep it running for weeks if that's what you want to do.

going to have some fun with this now :gag: :D
P1010411.JPG
Nice.

How did you interface the timer with the solenoid?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

What happens if the power dies? (power outage or battery is dead? Will the safe open or did you just lost a good safe and your escape method?
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KatieTiedUp

Post by KatieTiedUp »

If the power dies I can still use the key for it to override the lock so its all good but I do have only 1 key.

The timer just acts like a switch so you hook the wires up and set two timers one to turn it on and one to turn it off after a few minutes so it doesn't burn out.