Playing in the garage again

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
CaptainJoe

Re: Playing in the garage again

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi,

concerning pop-rivets in leather: I remove the steel-pin beforehand and use a centre punch to flatten the head.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

CaptainJoe wrote: I remove the steel-pin beforehand and use a centre punch to flatten the head.
Oooo... I like to mess around with tools... I'll have to remember that the next time I dream up some new, diabolical piece of corset hardware. :twisted: :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Time to resurrect this thread. Different garage in a different country.

Today I have been mostly working on a posture collar in aluminium.

Imageposture-detail-front by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

Imageposture-detail-back by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

Imageposture2 by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

Imageposture1 by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

Imageposture3 by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

There is no adjustment in the fastenings because it is custom fitted.

The collar was made from pattern that I generated programatically. Now I am wondering if my design will work for other shaped necks than my own. So today's special offer, for the first 6 people to respond with the dimensions below, I will send a pdf document containing your pattern. I will need an email address for your reply, but you can send that as a PM.

From this pattern I would like you to create a CAD (cardboard assisted design*) template - preferably corrugated card and let me know how it is for you. Photos would be appreciated.

ImagepostureTemplate by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

You are welcome to make it in other materials, but check it fits first.

The dimensions I need...

Circumference around Neck
Width of neck below ears at shoulder height
Ear lobe to ear lobe behind head horizontally
Ear lobe to corner of Jaw horizontally (where the jaw stops curving forward)
From horizontal neck line to where the chin meets the neck
From horizontal neck line to chest (Lowest point of the collar)
From horizontal neck line to bottom of ear
From horizontal neck line to shoulder (at side of neck)
From horizontal neck line to corner of jaw

For the vertical measurements from the horizontal neck line, I suggest putting an elastic band around your neck to give a constant reference. It should be the same place where the neck circumference was measured.

* courtesy of Project Binky
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I'll bite, I'll PM you the measurements with my email adres. :)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Mail sent.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Gregovic wrote:I'll bite, I'll PM you the measurements with my email adres. :)
May I take a bite, too?
Adress and measurements would be sent by PM, too.

Thanks a lot :hi: :love:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Awaiting your PM. :hi:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Audrey_CD wrote:Awaiting your PM. :hi:
I'm sorry I couldn't send any PM yet. My grandfather passed away today and I thus haven't found the time to measure anything yet. Please expect my PM to arrive tomorrow.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Kind regards and thank you for your kind offer. :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Please accept my condolences. Whenever you feel ready.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Audrey_CD wrote:Please accept my condolences. Whenever you feel ready.
Thank you. :)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

First off, my condolances to you Blacky.

I've finally had time to print out the pattern and try it. Either I grossly mismeasured or I just have a weird neck but at the start it wouldn't fit at all. I simply couldn't get it to bend around over the shoulders when it was properly positioned under my jaw.

I've spend the last 2 hours trimming bit by bit until I can get very close to it fitting correctly. I didn't have to do anything to the top edge at the front up to the "point" behind the ears, but from there to the back I took about 1 cm off, the bottom edge I left the front height exactly the same but had to take about 3,5 to 4 cm away over the shoulders and about 2,5 cm at the back to get it to where the edges nearly touch (i'm left with about a 1 to 2 cm gap). I know I have rather more defined upper back and shoulder muscles than the average person due to doing archery, so this could be a factor.

I'm going to come back to it again later and see if I can trim away some more stuff to make it work. In any case, thanks for the pattern and the effort! :D
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Gregovic wrote:First off, my condolances to you Blacky.
Thank you, too. I'm fine. :hi:
I've finally had time to print out the pattern and try it. Either I grossly mismeasured or I just have a weird neck but at the start it wouldn't fit at all. I simply couldn't get it to bend around over the shoulders when it was properly positioned under my jaw.

I've spend the last 2 hours trimming bit by bit until I can get very close to it fitting correctly. I didn't have to do anything to the top edge at the front up to the "point" behind the ears, but from there to the back I took about 1 cm off, the bottom edge I left the front height exactly the same but had to take about 3,5 to 4 cm away over the shoulders and about 2,5 cm at the back to get it to where the edges nearly touch (i'm left with about a 1 to 2 cm gap). I know I have rather more defined upper back and shoulder muscles than the average person due to doing archery, so this could be a factor.

I'm going to come back to it again later and see if I can trim away some more stuff to make it work. In any case, thanks for the pattern and the effort! :D
I have a similar result. I tried a dummy made from some leftover denim that has basically no give but is easily bent into shape. I can get it around my neck with absolutely no excess (which is no surprise), but the vertical lengths would basically all be about 1 - 2 cm too much if the collar was already boned.
Then again I'm playing Handball and occasionally Rugby. Thus my neck might just as well be a bit off the norm?! On the other hand the collar you, Audrey, have made seems to be rather demanding, too, so maybe that's intentional?

Anyways, thank you very much for your effort, Audrey. :love:
The pattern you kindly sent is a gorgeous starting point for a stiffly boned posture collar for me for sure.
Once it's done I'll try to provide some pictures.

Regards,

Blacky :hi: