audio detector

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
kentayros0099

audio detector

Post by kentayros0099 »

hello i am new here,

i would like to know if there is an audio detector?
I imagine something like a countdown program for spanking with audio detector?
If the microphone catch the sound of spanking the countdown continues,if not countdown stops
and i must spank myself harder so the microphone cathes the sound.Something like that.
PiJoy

Re: audio detector

Post by PiJoy »

kentayros0099 wrote:hello i am new here,

Offhand, I don't know of anything off the shelf (though I'm not an audio pro.) However, making such a detector is doable, although it requires some electronics and programming skills. If I wanted to prototype something like that, I'd use an electret microphone { such as http://search.digikey.com/us/en/product ... -ND/138179 }, biased per its datasheet, feeding an (AC-coupled) amplifier. The rest of the signal processing could be either mainly analog (perhaps similar to an AM radio receiver) , or mostly done in software on an Arduino or clone. A USB-enabled Arduino would probably be the easiest way to get the data to a PC.

Making a device to react to the measured audio "loudness" data is (to my mind) a separate project.
lifer

Post by lifer »

Voice operated switch or sometimes called a VOX.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:
Life is what you make it.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

has anyone tried the clapper?
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

You can also take a look at this thread:

(Click on the banner to go to the thread).

The program lets you set the level of noize required to trigger the sound detector, the number of required triggers to be free, the possiblity of being teased on fails, etc...

Greets from Barcelona
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

kentayros0099 wrote:hello i am new here,

I imagine something like a countdown program for spanking with audio detector?
If the microphone catch the sound of spanking the countdown continues,if not countdown stops
and i must spank myself harder so the microphone cathes the sound.Something like that.
Without having thought about it for more than a minute this seems to be a suitable task for a really small microcontroller like e.g. the AVR ATMEL ATtiny 8.
I guess the whole thing (including microphone, excluding release mechanism) will cost somewhat less than 15$. The necessary coding being acceptably easy as well. Which means: I guess I can get it done. And if I can do it, anyone can :wink:

I'll try to figure out some suitable circuits etc. soon.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
The Slinky

Post by The Slinky »

Damn you qwerty I was going to suggest you software but you beat me to it haha