Easy way to bind elbows together

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
2tight

Easy way to bind elbows together

Post by 2tight »

Here is an easy way to tightly bind your elbows together but easily release them when needed. This technique uses a single strap and a ring to form two loops, one for the arm and one for the torso with the buckle in front. Think of a figure 8 with your torso in one loop and your arms in the other loop. I feel this is a safer way then some ties people use where they pull on astrap behind the back but then have no easy way of undoing it. This technique can work on bare arms or with elbow cuffs. I will explain the bare arm method first.

You need a strap or belt long enough to encircle your arms behind your back above the elbows and encircle your torso. A luggage strap that can be tightened anywhere along its length is best. A strap with holes will work but you may need extra holes for when you take up the slack. Next you need a ring slightly wider than the strap. A round ring will work but an elliptical or rectangular ring is better. I use a link from a piece of chain. Push the end of the strap through the ring and slide the ring about halfway down the strap. Now take the end and bring it back through the ring. Pull the strap end up to the buckle. You should see how this now forms two loops. Put your arms through the loop that does not have the buckle. Work the loop in the back up over your elbows. Bring the buckle up around the front of your torso on one side and the loose end around from the back to the front on the other side. The ring should be centered in your back. Pull the strap end through the buckle a bit. Bending at the waist may help if the loop slips off your arms. You should now be able to pull on the free end and tighten the loops. In order to tighten the back loop more shrug your shoulders back and breathe deep to expand your chest. You can now tighten to your desired taste and then fasten your wrists together in some way. When you go to release your elbows exhaling a bit can give you a little slack to help in undoing the buckle.

If you have elbow cuffs with D-rings you will use the rear loop to connect the cuffs together rather than encircling the arms. For this you can us a slightly shorter strap. For this you will want the elbow cuffs in such a position that the D-rings are facing towards each other when your arms are behind you. Start by correctly orienting the buckle. Feed the strap end through the ring and then through the d-ring on the cuff that is on the same side of your body as the buckle. The end should go out away from your back as it passes through the d-ring. Now take the end of the strap over to the other cuff and threadit through that d-ring towards your back. The free end will now need to go back through the ring on the strap to form the rear loop. Pull the buckle end around one side of the torso and the free end around the other side to make the front loop. Again. pull through the buckle and tighten to your taste. At first this will take a little bit of contorting to figure out but once you get used to doing it you will get more coordinated.

I like to use this with a harness system I have. My legs are strapped together at the ankes, above and below the knees and at the thighs. My elbow cuffs have two sets of rings on opposite sides of the cuffs. One set is used to strap the cuffs to a harness strap around my torso. I then use the technique I just outlined to connect and pull my elbow cuffs together using the other set of d-rings. This tightly welds my upper arms to my back and pulls my elbows together with a delicious amount of strictness. It is all I can do to be able to lock my wristcuffs behind my back to my belt. I have learned to do this elbow tie fully gagged, blindfolded, hooded and along with the other restraints it is as strict of bondage as I can get by myself.

I hope somebody else gets as much fun out of this as I have.
Kronopticon

Re: Easy way to bind elbows together

Post by Kronopticon »

im not sure i understand how this works... any chance of a diagram at all? xx im stupid really. :mrgreen:
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I will look into this. I loooove elbow ties, but deplore the (up to now) incompatibility with SB.

Thanks for the tip! :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
teather

Post by teather »

Nice. Definately going to give that a try.
If I'm not mistaken these diagrams show the idea...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 28849 times
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

ohhhhh, i see, simple yet effective.

I dont know why i couldnt visualise that.... my head is all over the place recently :oops: sorry
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
2tight

Post by 2tight »

The drawing you posted was great! A picture is worth a thousand words but I am not the best artist. So I tried to explain as best I could. On another note, I havent tried it with rope but I bet it would work.

Please post if you try it out, I would like to hear from others how it works out for them.

Have fun and play safe.
teather

Post by teather »

I used to have a soft leather luggage strap years ago but somewhere over the years I've lost it - shame, it would have been ideal for so many things. I picked up 5m of 20mm nylon webbing at B&Q this morning and gave it a quick try with a ring that I use as part of an SRD and it certainly pulls my elbows together quite effectively. There are no buckles on the webbing so I am puzzling out how I can get it to pull tight and lock off in a way that I can get to release again. Elbow cuffs would be nice to try because I get tingling with my elbows pulled in that tight. First try I am going to add an SRD to one end and use a spare quick-link to form the loops. I'm kind of worried that the SRD will not release easily enough so I'm going to take it easy when pulling tight so I dont get stuck - it wouldn't be the first time :oops: .

[Edit]SRD doesn't work with webbing - it doesnt get the same purchase as it does with jute rope. Quick-link didnt work either - it just slips round 90 deg and jams up the webbing. Got to look out for another nice soft leather strap + roller buckle[/Edit]
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I tested it with 3/8" rope this morning. I noted a few things.

- Just one loop is uncomfortable - it puts a lot of pressure on the flesh and quickly starts to feel wrong. And when I feel wrong in bondage, I get out - fast. In this case, a strap is much better as it distributes the load.

- With a tight corset, on the upside, I need less rope or strap. On the down side, the rope or strap tends to slide down to the narrowest part of my wasp waist and thus pull the other side down below my elbows, where it is much less strict in its restraining qualities.

- Also with a tight corset, a couple of the techniques mentioned in the OP "Bending at the waist may help if the loop slips off your arms." and "When you go to release your elbows exhaling a bit can give you a little slack" just don't work.

Before anyone even thinks about it, I will not remove my corset. I only remove my corset to bathe or shower. I don't even take it off for sex (I tighten it).

Jenny.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Jenny, what you said is perfect info, with me being heavily being into rope as well, but I feel that using a belt or luggage strap as originally stated would be much less stressful than one strand of rope. I can see a belt working very well actually. It would give a little extra bit of tightness over not a HUGE area, but wouldn't be remotely dangerous.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

bound_jenny wrote: - With a tight corset, on the upside, I need less rope or strap. On the down side, the rope or strap tends to slide down to the narrowest part of my wasp waist and thus pull the other side down below my elbows, where it is much less strict in its restraining qualities.
Jenny.
What if you attach the ring to your corset lacing at the level you would like the elbow tie? This would keep the device from sliding down the waist and elbows.
On the plus side, with your waist in "wasp" mode you should have a easier time reaching the buckle around the front with your elbows tied:D
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

nitro wrote:What if you attach the ring to your corset lacing at the level you would like the elbow tie? This would keep the device from sliding down the waist and elbows.
On the plus side, with your waist in "wasp" mode you should have a easier time reaching the buckle around the front with your elbows tied:D
Obviously, you've never put laces on a corset - or wear one tightlaced 23/7 for that matter. Lacing a corset properly is quite a meticulous job, a little more than just putting laces in a pair of boots. Top and bottom have to join at the waist and come outward, meaning that one has to follow a sequence "in-in-out-out" when threading the laces through the eyelets. And do it in reverse from the waist down, so everything lines up. Doing that every time I want to bind my elbows? Twice? Once to put the ring in and once to remove it? :? Hmmmmmm... no thanks.

And since the lacing goes through the ring just as the elbow-binding strap or rope, some chafing will occur and one day, snap!, it breaks and then it's yet another unnecessary lacing job. :x Hmmmmmmm... no thanks.

And it still doesn't solve the problem I mentioned in the item immediately after the one you quoted.

It's a good technique. It's just not appropriate for me.

Jenny.
2tight

Post by 2tight »

If you want to use rope, what about wrapping several coils around each bicep and tying them off with a loop or a ring and then run the elbow loop through those. That would solve the problem of the single rope going around the arms. Also I think you could use a rope folded in half to make two parallal strands of rope to replace the strap. The bight would substitute for the buckle as you would pull the free ends through the bight to tighten the loops. I can see it clearly in my head. If I can figure a good place to post a video securely I will try to make a video of how to do this.

I pretty much always do this with elbow cuffs. I have used both nylon webbing and a leather strap with the polished side of the leather running against the surface of the ring. The easiest to use was a strap that had a buckle with little metal teeth that all you had to do was put tension on the strap and it stayed put. A strap with less drag is certainly easier to pull through the ring. Also, If I could find a rectangular ring that had rollers on each side that would be even better.
2tight

Post by 2tight »

I just remembered, I did used to hang the ring from my old collar to position it at the correct height behind my back. This was more useful when I just did a strap around the arms. since I have been using elbow cuffs the strap is self locating to the rings on the cuffs.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

bound_jenny wrote:Obviously, you've never put laces on a corset - or wear one tightlaced 23/7 for that matter. Lacing a corset properly is quite a meticulous job, a little more than just putting laces in a pair of boots.Jenny.
Sorry not so obvious. I have laced a corset, although nowhere near as tight as you :). I probably have no more than 30-40 hours at one time. :gag:

I was not suggesting you re-lace the corset, I was suggesting attaching the ring to the corset laces (once the corset is on and laced) This could be done with a ty-wrap or shoelace or even a rubber band. The force would not be as great as it is just there to keep the strap (ring) from slipping down the waist.

Other methods could be used to keep the ring and strap from slipping down (eg harness over the shoulders). I just thought since there is a convenient tie point it would make it easier and not need an array of extra ropes or straps.
bound_jenny wrote:- Also with a tight corset, a couple of the techniques mentioned in the OP "Bending at the waist may help if the loop slips off your arms." and "When you go to release your elbows exhaling a bit can give you a little slack" just don't work.
And on your later point, yes this does not help to remove the strap as it is very difficult (near impossible) to bend at the waist or further reduce your waist by exhaling. If you are using a strap and have located the buckle within reach you can escape by unbuckling the strap. Once your hands are also restrained you will not be able to reach the buckle. If you use rope you could always consider the rope disposable and opt for scissors.
opertb

Post by opertb »

It's practically impossible to tighten the back loop due to friction to skin, so definitely need some clothes.