Creative Arduino Usage

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
diyguy

Creative Arduino Usage

Post by diyguy »

Hi people,

Several days ago I ordered an Arduino online which should come in in a couple of days. If you don;t know what an arduino is: http://www.arduino.cc. It's a micro controller board designed with several input and output mechanisms. I bought it because I want to try and make a robotic arm. As it comes in in a couple of days in constantly thinking of ways to build it.

However, today I lay in bondage (spreadeagle with legs tied together instead of apart) and had this wonderful :idea: moment! You can use the arduino for muuuch more :D

Fun starts here!
I ordered a starters kit which gives me plenty of sensors and stuff. So i started brainstorming :)

Idea #1
Very simple: a servo or motor holding a cup upright. Keys to release yourself are placed inside the cup. The arduino is programmed to let the motor or servo spin 180 degrees after a pre-defined or random amount of time. turning the makes the cup turn thus dropping the keys!

Idea #2
make a very small electro magnet. (Like: http://education.jlab.org/qa/electromagnet.html) connect this to the arduino and let it unpower the electro magnet after a certain amount of time. Making the keys, you stuck to the magnet drop.

Idea #3
Using a photocell (measures light intensity) placed in such a way it is in shadows. When the sun turns light will reach other places and fall onto the photocell (IF placed correctly). The photocell can then give a signal to drop the keys using, for instance, one of the above mechanisms

Idea #4
This one is harder (but more fun :whip:). Make yourself a dildo any preferred way (for ideas, search). Implement in the dildo a photocell at like 7? 10? 15? cm from the tip of the dildo. Make sure the photo resistor can't be harmed from you practising blow jobs on the dildo. For instance place clear tape or foil over the photocell. The idea is that when you don't have the dildo in your mouth the photocell measures a bright light intensity. When you blow job the dildo you'll need to cover the dildo far enough to cover the photocell. Covering the photocell will make it register darkness. You then program the arduino to measure the amount of times it switched between light and dark. After a certain amount of blows (?? how would I call this in English, lol) a release mechanism is activated.

It's not done yet!

I have more sensors I can use! I just don't have good ideas yet to use them, how would you use them?
Included are: A photocell (light / dark), A thermistor (measuring temperature), a force sensitive resistor (measures the amount of force when pressed on it) and a small microphone (measure sound intensity)

Please get creative and help me think of more evil ways to release myself :)

Diy Guy

P.S. Always use a backup release when you try this, electronics are electronics and can fail!
Do it yourself bondage stuff to get yourself in self bondage :D
G4K-DK

Re: Creative Arduino Usage

Post by G4K-DK »

I would go for the electro magnet, place it in one end of the room, make a little program for the Arduino so you have to enter a short key combination, can just be 3 button that you have to press in the right order. Maybe place them at the other end of the room, so you have to crawl from the end where the keys are, to the end where you do the unlocking sequence, then crawl back to get the keys... Maybe combine it with a timer so make sure that if you are too fast to get to the buttons, you would still have to wait, and a timer to drop the keys if you are too slow. At the same time let everything run by battery, so it will drop the keys when the battery runs out, because it cant keep the magnet on any longer.
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

Good one!

Buttons, I have plenty of them, thanks
G4K-DK

Post by G4K-DK »

Also try and look on ebay, there are some good 12V electromagnets there, that can hold around 200 kg, with only 500mA.

I got one, but might get 1 or 2 more... Add a carabiner to your keys, and let them be hold by the magnet, or holding you, plenty of strength to do that. (Attached one to a bar in my garage, and then tried to power it up, and could actually hang in a rope down from it... Not recommended for a bondage scene, was only a test to see if it actually was that strong, and it was :) i am around 80 kg btw, so cant test the 200 kg like that :P)
slobin

Post by slobin »

diyguy wrote: Implement in the dildo a photocell at like 7? 10? 15? cm from the tip of the dildo.
A capacitance sensors was suggested in this thread, seems more promising than a photo cell for me.
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

slobin wrote:A capacitance sensors was suggested in this thread, seems more promising than a photo cell for me.
Hmm, that certainly is interesting! I would need to buy a couple of those though... Maybe I need to shop on ebay sometime :)
lifer

Post by lifer »

Here is the circuit I have tried. I have not tested it thoroughly but it appears to work well. Maybe just a bit more tweaking. This circuit uses capacitance of a "body" nearby to operate. This happens without physical contact with the wires. The output frequency changes with insertion depth. Many things can give it a false reading. Just holding the "ass"embly (couldn't resist the pun) in your hand can cause it to sense a near body and change the frequency. I can't remember what the frequency is but it is a good range for a microcontroller or even if amplified through a speaker.

Please do be careful with anything electric/electrical. Do not allow any wires to come in contact with your body in any way. I mean it! :evil:

Okay here is the circuit: :mrgreen:
ins_sense.gif
Life is what you make it.
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

Does the sensor change it's resistance acordingly to what it senses? How does it work?
webweaver85

Post by webweaver85 »

I can think of a great use for the thermistor. Put the sensor part into the core of a dildo that way you have to warm it all the way through using your body. This could make for intense oral practice or a very good ride since you could just sit with it inside of you but friction would help it along faster.

Im not that good with making electronic things like this so Im sure there are logistical issues. With all the different kinds of sensors you have created im sure you could make a secondary probably using the light or pressure sensor that makes it so that the person doesn't stay at rest for very long, this way they have to actively up up and down on the dildo or there will be some kind of penalty.
lifer

Post by lifer »

diyguy wrote:Does the sensor change it's resistance acordingly to what it senses? How does it work?
Not resistance. Resistance would require contact with you body which, as I mentioned, is a very bad idea. This device does not allow contact of any wires to your body. In fact, you should never let any wires touch you. Even small voltages are dangerous!!! Please be safe! :|

The way it works is the 555 timer chip is setup as an oscillator. It charges and discharges a capacitor very rapidly over and over to produce a on-off pulse wave signal. The frequency of the signal is determined by the capacitance of the capacitor. A capacitor is basically two metal objects separated by air/plastic/glass/rubber or anything else non-conductive. A capacitor can hold an electric charge even though there is something non-conductive in the middle.

Where is the capacitor in this circuit? it is the antennas! This is where your body comes in (or vice versa) With the antennas (not touching each other) safely inside a rubber dildo/plug, it makes a capacitor. When this object is near something else, such as your hand or other body part, it changes the capacitance of this "capacitor" thereby changing the frequency.

I meant for this to be on topic with the Arduino subject. It is a bit advanced for the "normal" person. :lol:

Edit: oh yeah! To read this output with an Arduino (or other microcontroller) you just need to find a way to read the frequency (or period) of the waveform coming out of it. This will give an indication of insertion depth at any point in time. Punish accordingly. :twisted:
Life is what you make it.
saxrussell

Post by saxrussell »

There are so many possibilities...

Force sensors under the feet
Flex sensors at the joints
Position sensors attached to...stuff
Vibration sensors
Motion sensors
Ultrasonic sensors (hmm...a full hood with ultrasonic sensors for guidance...)
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

Force sensors under the feet :O imagine the fun!

Standing tip-toe with your ankles secured in place. A force meter is placed under your (floating )heels. As soon as you cant tiptoe anymore and relax the force sensor gets activated and your key will be unrealeased for another 30 minutes or so :D
G4K-DK

Post by G4K-DK »

And this could then be this sensor: http://www.electrozone.dk/index.php/sen ... 2-5mm.html
diyguy

Post by diyguy »

G4K-DK wrote:And this could then be this sensor:
And that, is exactly the sensor i got in my arduino starters kit!
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

Use the arduino to control a set of dc motors. The motors are used to pull you into a spread eagle position. Arduino releases you when it damn well pleases. Use limit switches to determine how much stretching gets done.