Corset Q&A (DIY and purchasing)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indubitably, my dear Kaleada, indubitably... :mrgreen:

Another night in my new corset, another night sleeping like a baby. And no pain, no problems, no pressure points.

I do believe that this one is my new master pattern... :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
iBorg

Post by iBorg »

Bound Jenny:
Thanks so much for the detail pictures. I'm SO looking forward to returning to this project on Friday. I really want to feel the tight hug of the fabric. You have been inspiring and educational. I praise your efforts!!!

While I can't see me ever trying to tight lace, I'm curious as to how addictive this will be.
iBorg
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

iBorg wrote:Bound Jenny:
Thanks so much for the detail pictures. I'm SO looking forward to returning to this project on Friday. I really want to feel the tight hug of the fabric. You have been inspiring and educational. I praise your efforts!!!
Thank you! :D
iBorg wrote:While I can't see me ever trying to tight lace, I'm curious as to how addictive this will be.
Well, I must say that I can't see myself ever stopping tightlacing. First, it's a commitment - if one stops, the effects reverse themselves gradually. Second, when I do take off my corset (showering, swimming, etc.), I feel very strange, exposed, naked even. I suppose that's the addictive part.

But considering all the benefits I have reaped from waist training, this is pretty good as far as addictions go. :wink:

Jenny.
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

Although I love sewing...I seem to have an inability to do this...I have just about all the materials though, i think its the making my own pattern for such a complex shape (yes, short thin with a C cup is one heck of a complex shape)

Maybe one of these days I'll get it working better :)
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
lj

Post by lj »

just a quick question to the Mistress of all corsetry :)

your busk fastenings are screwed together each time you lace up? You mention using dome nuts.

I ask because my corset has just lost a busk peg, can't think of a better name. Mine has a set of domed pegs set into one half, the other has a matching set of "keyhole" links, so to fasten, you loosen the laces, then put the keyhole over each peg, so the head sets into the slot of the keyhole. Now I find that several are loose. A tap with a hammer may well solve the problem. but if it doesn't, the busk half has a hole drilled where the peg was, so I could replace it with a bolt/screw/nut.

suggestions most welcome :)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

That may replace the missing "peg". The hole must be threaded, and it would be highly advisable to put threadlocker (Loctite or equivalent) to make sure the screw and nut don't come loose.

Or you could just put a screw in the hole, thread end outward, and put the dome nut on top to lock the loop in place when you close the corset. The hole in the busk must be threaded, of course, to match the thread on the screw. In this case, threadlocker is not required (it's messy anyway).

Jenny.
lj

Post by lj »

thanks, Mistress Jenny :)

The busk is actually quite thin spring steel, so threading it is not an option, but using domed nuts etc is fine, I could actually lock them in place with superglue on the thread in the nut, if I cut the screw to a length long enough to fit the "keyhole" over it.
bound_jenny

Re: Corset Q&A (DIY and purchasing)

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm working on a replacement for the one I made last December. It will have the same outer fabric but the inner one will be the usual strong, moisture-proof one I always used before. The fabric I used for the last one has too loose a weave to be used as a strength layer. The seams are expanding ever so slightly, so with all the pressure the corset gets looser over time. That and some of the eyelets are threatening to come out.

So for all you prospective corsetiers and corsetieres out there, use Deauville only if a good, strong fabric is used to strengthen it.

Jenny.
iBorg

Post by iBorg »

I thought I'd mention my corset experiences. I bought my first one off etsy.com. The price was right, but it quickly showed wear. It didn't seem strong enough to help me with my goals of helping my posture as well as starting mild waist training. I don't hope to gain Jenny's waist but I do need help reeling in my mid aged gut.

After my failure at making a corset, and my less than great success with my etsy (although a great corset to learn I LIKE CORSETS), I ordered one from WASP Creations. Amy asked for photos to see my posture issues. She was great on the phone as we talked through the design. After five weeks it came. It's much heavier than my first corset. It also is much more effective. Yes it was expensive, but its well worth it.

iBorg
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Well, iBorg, you know now the difference between an expense and an investment. Amy is outstanding.

I finished (finally) the replacement corset. The other one just didn't do it. The fabric was too weak in the long run. This one cures the problem by going back to Defender fabric for the inner layer, and the same white Deauville fabric for the outer one. Basically, it's identical to the one it replaces, but laced down to 21 inches, there is still a one inch gap in the back.

The difference is quite discernible. There is no give at all in this corset, and it is stiffer and tighter around the lower chest. A very stimulating feeling... :wink:

Jenny.
Sissy_ABDL

Post by Sissy_ABDL »

bound_jenny wrote:The cost of commercially-made corsets, especially the custom ones (an absolute must for real waist training), is what drives me to make my own. I made my first corset nine years ago, and only started serious waist training two and a half years ago. In all, I have made over a dozen corsets (the first few were crude), so the savings are quite appreciable.

I would suggest that making your own corsets is an economical alternative to buying them, but making a corset requires skill, patience, and a high degree of meticulousness. It will take a few attempts to get the right recipe - and the right appearance. For someone who just wants a nice piece of feminine underwear for occasional wear, for the looks, it's better to buy one that suits one's taste - it will be cheaper than the trial-and-error process of learning the art of corset construction.

In my case, function is more important than appearance. My corsets are not necessarily made to look exceptionally good, they are made first and foremost to be solid enough to relentlessly and unyieldingly mold my body into the shape I want. Since I am progressively reducing my waist and changing my shape, I need to change corsets regularly - so making my own is much more economical (and I can recycle some parts).

Buy what you want, from where you want - eBay is fine, but be sure of what you're getting because you'll have little or no support or advice about what you're purchasing (and little hope of refund). A store is preferable just for the person at the other end who can help you with your selection and make sure you get the right fit, even with an off-the-rack corset.

Jenny.
just curious how much would u charge to make one for someone? i would not be able to make one i am not that skilled that that kinda thing lol
i am looking for ABDL or crossdressing dares and Scenarios.
if u got anything Either post it on my scenario or dare thread or PM me with what u want done. i'll give report how it went
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I don't make corsets for other people. The main reason is that I know how to make corsets for me, my body, and that's all. There's also - don't take this personally - the fact that making something for someone else who is paying for it opens up a whole other can of worms, i.e. the customer-supplier worms, which can turn acrimonious rather quickly and I don't want to turn a pleasurable activity into a frustrating chore.

Sorry, no hard feelings. :hi:

Jenny.
Sissy_ABDL

Post by Sissy_ABDL »

its ok just thought i would check on that.
i am looking for ABDL or crossdressing dares and Scenarios.
if u got anything Either post it on my scenario or dare thread or PM me with what u want done. i'll give report how it went
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Very sensible, Mistress Jenny. People can be a real problem! (Not that You can't readjust a bad attitude with the proper application of the crop!)

It's been a while since You knocked us off our chairs, how about another picture? You must be getting down near 20" (or smaller)by now?
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

cdinbonds wrote:Very sensible, Mistress Jenny. People can be a real problem! (Not that You can't readjust a bad attitude with the proper application of the crop!)

It's been a while since You knocked us off our chairs, how about another picture? You must be getting down near 20" (or smaller)by now?
September 4th is the last time you were discharged from your chair because of one of my corset photos. Not long enough? :P :P :P

Since I posted that photo (which is around 20-21 inches), I had some issues with the flesh over my ribs - I switched to a looser one but it decided to expand... So I'm gradually working down again. It's no rush and I fully don't expect to reach 20 inches for at least another six months (I'm being pessimistic, but any precocious gains would be pleasant surprises - experience dictates that one should not make lofty goals). When I get there, I'll be quite satisfied. Anything smaller after that will be a bonus.

But think of this - at 20 inches, my waist will be about the same girth as my thighs! :shock:

Meanwhile, do consider installing seat belts. :rofl:

Jenny.