Diy sleep sack

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Hastingsbound

Diy sleep sack

Post by Hastingsbound »

The first thing to do is decide what colour and thickness of latex you like.
The next is what extra bits you want, e.g. zippers, straps etc.

For the main body for me, I allow 3.5 metres of latex if you want internal arms, 3 metres without. I'm about 6foot and a 36inch waist, allow a bit more if your bigger.

Zippers, I use a continuous No.5 zipper for the main zip as its hard to find a zip the right length. Make sure to order the top and bottom stoppers as well as the sliders. You also want enough 25mm latex strip to cover both sides of the zips.

Straps. I use precut latex strip, with a narrower cotton tape sandwiched between two layers. You'll also want fabric rivets and enough buckles for the required number of straps.

Other bits and pieces needed. A cutting mat, the back of a piece of laminate flooring can be used for long cuts, rotary cutter, glue like Bostik 3851, copydex adhesive, adhesive cleaner, gel pen white for dark colours or black for light colours, fabric tape measure, ruler/straight edge, clingflim and glue spreader.

Whilst waiting for the bits and pieces to turn up take some measurements.
_20190322_185122.JPG
Measure around various points of the body as well as the heights, I've marked on the picture above where I usually measure.
Now do some calculations.
The ankle measurement divide by two then add 10mm e.g. 400mm divide by two plus 10mm =210mm. Knee height just divide by two. The upper body measurements depends on the thickness of the latex used. Divide the measurements by two, then for thick latex subtract less then for thinner latex, and how snug you want it. For .8mm or above say 20mm for .5mm or thinner about 40mm. All of the measurements divide in two again, e.g. 1160mm would equate to 270mm. I found the upper body was within a few mm so made them all the same.
(ref a.)
Next work out the measurements for the height, subtract the height measurements from the overall height, where the neck joins the shoulder. We will use these for marking out. (ref b.)

Lay the latex sheet out on a hard surface, draw a line parallel with the long edge at the upper-body measurement (ref a.) e.g. 270mm. Measure along the latex marking the same length across the latex (ref b.) so you end up with something like the red lines in the next image. On these lines mark out the rest of the width figures using the parallel line to measure from. Join the dots and cut out the first side.
markup.JPG
Next either repeat the marking out on the other side, foot end to where the neck end was, or very carefully draw around the first piece you have just cut.

To be continued.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Diy sleep sack

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Sounds like a great way to save $$, and make something custom fit for you. Thanx for sharing this.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠