Hanging strap cage

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
pavtron

Hanging strap cage

Post by pavtron »

I like this: Image

However I don't like the price tag. I'm thinking of making one using nylon straps vs leather.

Thoughts?
KinkInSpace

Re: Hanging strap cage

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah, I totally feel you. Keep in mind that your entire weight is going to be fighting the contraption.

The number of strands divided by your weight is what each strand will have to be capable of pulling. At the bottom, the part you stand on, that will have to withstand your entire weight, and whatever you use to fix everything together will obviously also have to withstand your weight.

Materials are very important here. The material has to be strong to support your weight, has to be flexible for the cage to work, and has not to feel bad when it grabs you with lots of force when you are inside.

This basically means that when you start building something like this, you will get an expensive project on your hands. It may become even more expensive if you make mistakes. By mistakes I only mean, you make something, but apparently it does not support your weight, so you have to invest in other materials and make it again.

That said, this is not a cage for solo play. As the cage raises in the air, the straps will fixate you into position. If your arms/hands are free at that point, they will remain free. If you want to be released, lots of force will be required to get free again. You may not be able to exert this amount of force while being bound inside. In order to counteract this, you may need to use an electric lifting system with up and down controls. That by itself is about half the price of the cage alone.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I can see where the idea is coming from, but a nylon strap actually capable of supporting your weight probably won't feel very nice. Synthetic materials can leave nasty scratch/burn marks on the skin, and a cage like this will exert a lot of force (as mentioned by Slave_L).

I also agree on the "this is not a solo item" sentiment. Like a vac bed it's really not something you can get yourself out of. You may think you can, but it'll be really easy to get stuck.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

Came across this.

I like the idea of the webbing straps better than other options I've seen so far. It might take a lot of stitching but I think I'm going to make one. I know, I know, Play safe. That is a given. You don't get any extra life's in this game. ;)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Keep in mind BondageWebbing uses heavy duty industrial "poly" webbing, which is a lot thicker and stronger than the usual stuff you can buy at the sewing store. It's in fact so thick and dense most home sewing machines have a hard time handling it.

If you know what you are doing, go for it, but be careful.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

there is also this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Strict-Leather-H ... B00FZ26LDS

i would love to have one, but dont have 12ft ceilings to use it with.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

What would you think of abusing car safety belts for making such a cage?
I'm totally not sure whether it's a good idea or plain stupid, but at least that stuff is explicitly designed to withstand A LOT of force. :?
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Slave_L wrote:The number of strands divided by your weight is what each strand will have to be capable of pulling.
Pretty much no part of that statement is true...

The weight won't be evenly distributed, and the weight carried by each strap will change as the "victim" moves around. You're also talking dynamic rather than static loads -- they won't be as significant as for some other types of suspension, but it's entirely possible that a given strand will take more than the subject's body weight as they squirm around.

The reality though is that for any half decent webbing, the strength of the webbing is unlikely to be the limiting factor. I'd use circles of reasonably strong plywood for the top and especially the bottom plates. You need to be sure the straps will (a) support the weight, and (b) stay in place. Run the straps underneath the bottom plate and back up, so the fastening on the bottom plate is just ensuring the strap stays in place; it's not actually supporting weight. Sew the straps into loops at the top to put a caribiner into (or sew them around a ring). Make the loops big, and with long overlaps, so the overlap is being pulled mostly lengthwise.

Either rivet loosely (carefully; don't pinch the straps) the joins or hand-sew them around the centre points (the joint needs to twist). Leave some joins unconnected so your subject can climb in. Or use a ring at the top that you lift up over the subject.

It should all be pretty straightforward - looks like about 30-40m of strap to put it all together, couple of bits of plywood and some fairly easy sewing.
cbshackle

Post by cbshackle »

I've spent some time on a leather hanging strap cage in a dungeon and was a lot of fun. When positioned right, my breasts stuck out through the straps and well that was fun. Your body weight is evenly distributed through the middle of your body with some on the legs and very little in the head. However, your arms are when raised is pretty much where they stay. You really can't move around a whole lot when in there. It took two people to help get me in and unless you have a motorized wench (which is what the dungeon had) there is no way of doing this alone. At it goes up the length is stretched so you need a fairly high ceiling as well.
:gag: Just a geeky and kinky girl :gag: