Corset Modification -

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
leylaonedge

Corset Modification -

Post by leylaonedge »

Hey All,

Just a quick question.

Has anybody modded a Corset to be self-tightening? I poked around, but didn't see anything specific to this...

My thoughts are I have a corset, where in a long walk scenario, that pulls the laces through a slip knot (Or 1 way device), so that as I progress, it continues to pull and tighten.

Again, this has been sized, and have used several times, we would be talking just closing that last inch or so, but just causing that little bit more snugness as I go through my scenario.

Let me know your thoughts

:whip: Leyla
KinkInSpace

Re: Corset Modification -

Post by KinkInSpace »

You may want to reconsider.

As you are walking a lot, you are going to require more breathing than when you don't walk. If you wear a really tight corset, breathing will become harder, and at some point little tasks such as walking become increasingly difficult the less air you're getting, up to the point where you can easily faint.

With a corset under your clothes walking outside, it is not going to be a case of, "this gets to risky, I'll get the corset off."

If you really do plan to do this, walk with someone else, and instruct them to call 911 in case you do collapse.

Also, don't forget that before this happens, you can decide to stop walking and sit on the floor. Given that the corset is going to be really tight at that moment, you may have activated a timer already where you will pass out eventually. So let your backup get the car to you quickly so you can be driven home or at least get the corset off in the car.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
leylaonedge

Post by leylaonedge »

Thank you for the feedback.

I normally wear a corset for a lot of my scene's as is, so familiar with being out of breath.. :shock:

Typically I can get the corsets I have almost closed, or have small gaping, so I'm not sure how much a difference it will be. This is more of a locking it on, without a lock, so would need to cut the (replacement) lacing to release. So in my scene (And still figuring out details like this) this could be take off in the house, before the walk to the car... But good point.

Thanks!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Hi, Leyla,

Not really practical. You would need some kind of mechanism to perform the "self-tightening", and it would need to be strong enough to get that last inch out of the corset. That means bulky, and heavy. And you would need some kind of leverage point, i.e. you!

Just think of it - back in Victorian times, when tightlacing was en vogue, it took quite a bit of strength, and a judiciously placed knee, on the part of the woman assigned to dressing the Lady of the house, and some stretching on the Lady's part, to cinch the corset down to what was required. It was quite a workout just to get the corset on!

To attain those small waists, it took long weeks and months of 24/7 waist training to get the body accustomed to its new confines.

As for breathing - corset diva that I am - unless there are shoulder straps holding you down, there's always up. Your chest will heave up and down giving you the air you need.

My advice: train yourself to reduce your waist so the corset closes normally. Way better than some Wile E Coyote contraption that would be impractical at best, and most likely completely useless.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
leylaonedge

Post by leylaonedge »

Hey Jenny, (Big Fan)

thanks for the input. I figured there was going to be some mechanism involved :lol:

Already practicing with a standard corset, this scene is going to be in a few months so still time to practice a bit more.

I think the point that I failed to make so far :facepalm: , this would be more towards the locking of the corset, then to necessarily tighten or completely tighten the corset. So like a one way pull or a way to lock the corset on without having a lock. So would need to cut my way out.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

leylaonedge wrote:a way to lock the corset on without having a lock. So would need to cut my way out.
:idea: :idea: :idea: Cable ties! No lock, very discreet, and you'll need to cut your way out, just as you wanted! 8)

Cable ties also have the advantage of being adaptable to any separation between the two grommets used to lock the corset. So you don't absolutely need to cinch the corset down completely to use one. Just keep in mind to place the cable tie at waist level, where it's the tightest.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!