I made myself a flogger...

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
KinkInSpace

I made myself a flogger...

Post by KinkInSpace »

After browsing the web... *cough* AliExpress *cough* I came across this item:

At first, I wasn't sure I wanted that. It seemed a bit brutal and probably not what I'm after. I already have some high quality leather floggers, so this seemed a bit cheap.

That said, I decided to see if there were reviews and videos to see what kind of impact it had. I couldn't find a video, but I did find a review from someone who bought a Rimba 5 tail metal chain flogger and was very enthusiastic about it. The floggers on AliExpress that I saw have more tails. I know from experience, the more tails the flogger has, the more of a dull impact it has, but can create nice cut feelings if whipped properly. As a solo player, whipping properly is really hard. But with only few strands, it is much easier. So a flogger with few chains was my desired wish.

But then it hit me... Its just a bunch of chains with a handle... How hard can it be to make that?

So today, I went to my DIY store to buy 2.5 meter of chain. Not too thick chain, because that will make each blow too dull, but not too thin either, because that will make each strand lighter, meaning that more force is required to get an effect. I went for the following chain:

https://www.gamma.nl/assortiment/sierke ... /p/B348585

Its a black chain with small texture on it. You can feel it if you rub it, but that's it.

I found the chainlink in the middle of the chain and cut it so the chain became 2 chains.

Each strand of 1,25 meter was then folded in half creating 4 tails.

I tested this, (and also other configurations, such as 1 tail (ouch!!!), 2 tails (still ouch) 4 tails (doable), 6 tails (okay, but the chain became short) 8 tails (not good... too dull and too short.

I really liked the 4 tails. It definitely gives a punch, it gives a sting, it has enough weight, and well.. it just works.

I bought a set of different sizes of keyrings, chosen the largest one, and attached the middle of the chain to that keyring as a way to secure the chain.

I made a handle and ensured that at the end of the handle, the 4 chains would not touch eachother.

The result is a metal chain flogger that is really well balanced, definitely packs a punch, can be used without using much force, can damage you if you want, but can also just given you some mild pain.

I've used it for quite a few strokes on my buttocks now, and unlike other whips, paddles, floggers, canes, etc. that I have, this one I can hit my buttocks hard enough to give enough pain without causing for bleeding or lasting result, yet still feel that I hit my bottom like 30 minutes to 60 minutes after the session ended... wow! And man, it feels so good.

My ass is constantly on fire it seems, like very tender meat. :D I can't get enough of it.

And in case you wonder, yes, this whip will definitely hurt you if you want it to do. It can make you bleed if you choose so too. But it can also hit you in such unique way that it doesn't hurt, but you definitely feel that a whip hits you. Small tingling sensations on each hit as if you are being hit by a very light flogger that has metal strands that are being electrified. The metal itself does not cause pain, but the electricity is what you feel. That kind of feeling, you get if you hit your bottom with very little force.

That said, there isn't much other body parts that you can hit with this whip without causing for pain. I tried my back and although I can definitely do that, it is something to get used to. In no way will it cause for any injury, its just that it gives a pretty good punch. Like you accidentally hit yourself, but then 4 times, and each successor time you hit yourself... :D

Anyway, If you want a DIY project, this is one you want to do. Very easy to do, very cheap, but oh so much fun.

One thing though, I got only 2,5 meters of chain, which is plenty for this whip... but I'm considering to get more... If the whip was a bit longer, that would've been better.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Re: I made myself a flogger...

Post by KinkInSpace »

Okay, so after I made the flogger, I was curious how easy it would be to leave marks and optionally draw blood.

I did a few sessions and instead of going for the safe limit, I went a bit harder.

I have to say, I'm surprised how easy it is to draw blood with this flogger. I was expecting far more pain, but as I gradually increased force, I got used to the pain. I have to say that I really like this though... Seeing my ass with a bit of blood, being able compare it to what I've seen on the internet. The only down side is that I expected that this level of destruction would be accompanied with more pain.

So if you decide to make this and use this, then let this be a warning.. its a very powerful flogger. Very much compared with a cane, which can do damage with the same ease. Except, this flogger gives more pain before something happens, so that's a bonus... :)
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Slave_L wrote:...
I have to say, I'm surprised how easy it is to draw blood with this flogger...
If I didn't misunderstand the specs given for the chain you used it doesn't surprise me at all.
The flogger you describe seems to be a weapon rather than a toy, imho. :shock:

What adds to this is the design of the chain links. Open chain links most frequently lead to a misalignment of the wire at the gap in the links.
This means that you basically drag pretty sharp edges along (or through) your skin when flogging yourself with that chain.
Furthermore the square cross section of the wire used for the links creates further edges that aren't rounded off.

All that is fine as long as you apply that flogger to yourself, I guess.

Please be careful when playing with that thing. It sounds rather dangerous to me. :hi:

Oh, btw, here's my attempt. The scale is in cm.
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... ll-pre.jpg
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

That really looks nasty. :shock:

Just as Blacky, I'm not surprised either that blood was drawn. Chains, even light ones, are much heavier than leather fringes, and will inflict more damage than a leather flogger. Not to forget that there are some very fine blood vessels that lie just beneath the surface of the skin and they are relatively fragile. Jagged link edges will cut into skin and draw blood with surprisingly little pain.
Blacky wrote:The flogger you describe seems to be a weapon rather than a toy, imho. :shock:
I agree. I suspect that some jurisdictions would take a dim view of carrying that around in public, hidden or not. Hint: don't take that to the airport in carry-on luggage... :lol:

Just be careful with that thing. Or you'll be wearing a compress the size of an adult diaper.

Happy New Year and take care.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thanks for the warning.

I inspected the wounds this morning and found out I made a critical error in judgement. Not in a bad way actually.

I did draw blood, but the only reason it was this easy is explained below.

You see, I have psoriasis. And I also love to be naked. This has resulted in me scratching the psoriasis which sheds skin, which falls everywhere, which includes my chair, which... you guessed it, I sat on bare naked, which... caused psoriasis to find its way to my bottom.

The blood that I drawn was basically one of those psoriasis crusts that I hit. The skin on my psoriasis will bleed very easily. Not just on my bottom, but anywhere I have it. If I have an itch, and I scratch deep enough, it will start to bleed, whereas if I apply the same force to scratch anywhere else on normal skin, it doesn't do anything.

The area that I hit was one of those psoriasis spots and it was just that skin that bruised and cracked open. It was not a serious wound at all actually.

This explains why I was able to draw blood without feeling the pain that normally is associated with this kind of injury. Or rather, that's what it first appeared to be. All wounds healed already and aside from a little bit of crust it all looks normal.

Also, yes I am very aware that chains with these gaps can cut skin. I carefully examined the chains to ensure this was not the case, and it isn't. So I overestimated the situation basically.

I'm fine. :)

It was nice patching my ass though. :D

@Blacky, nice flogger btw. :) The chains on mine are rounded and I tested that they won't cause any cutting of any kind, and if they really do, it is more likely too much force and any other whip or flogger that can cut skin would've done the same.
lj

Post by lj »

I made something similar, using the type of chain used (here in the UK) for bath-plugs. It is a series of small chromed metal balls, about 2.5mm diameter, linked to each other.

My version had falls about 20cm long, about 12 of them, fitted to a handle made of PVC tube, sealed with self-adhesive heatshrink.

This is more a sensual toy rather than an impact toy, easily cooled or heated with water, lightly whipping or dragged across the skin, or just tickling the skin.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Slave_L wrote:Thanks for the warning.
You`re welcome.
@Blacky, nice flogger btw. :) The chains on mine are rounded and I tested that they won't cause any cutting of any kind, and if they really do, it is more likely too much force and any other whip or flogger that can cut skin would've done the same.
Thank you, Slave_L.

lj wrote:...
This is more a sensual toy rather than an impact toy, easily cooled or heated with water, lightly whipping or dragged across the skin, or just tickling the skin.
That's pretty much the way mine is used, too. None the less the constant awareness of what could be done with the flogger adds to the sensation each time. :shock: :? 8)
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)