Control vibrator speed programmatically

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Onwrikbaar

Control vibrator speed programmatically

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Many people use a vibrator, or a vibrating buttplug, during their self bondage games, and I am no exception. To increase the fun, it can be switched on and off by some sort of timer or a computer program. For those who would like more subtle control than just on/off, here is a little circuit to enable an Arduino or Raspberry Pi to regulate a battery-powered vibrator's speed from 0 to 100% by means of pulse width modulation (PWM). I use this in my automated edging device.

For this to work you need direct access to the motor, so without any other electronics in-between. The motor must be a low-voltage (up to 40V) DC type; you can't do this with for instance the original mains voltage Hitachi. I simply took the head (containing the motor) off a rechargeable wand vibrator that my girlfriend discarded.
VibDriver.jpg
Pictured here is an interface circuit to connect a battery-powered vibrator to the Raspberry Pi (or any other microcontroller) so that its speed can be controlled programmatically. The battery may be replaced by a DC adaptor. The battery/adaptor voltage should be appropriate for the vibrator motor used. For the MOSFET almost any N-channel enhancement type with a continuous drain current ≥ 1A and a gate-source threshold voltage between 1V and 2.5V will do.

Or if you don't feel like soldering, simply get something like https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/TOP-MOSF ... 57604.html and a 1N4004 (or similar) diode.