Creating my own metal body harness

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
KinkInSpace

Creating my own metal body harness

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yesterday evening, I started working on a DIY body harness.

My initial idea was to use a redundant network cable, to cut it into little pieces and turn that into underpants that I can wear. As I started to draw out what it would become, it seemed to be pretty hard unless it would be accompanied by something else. I considered metal wire as a base and by some testing I found out it would work great as a full body harness.

I dropped the idea of underpants for now to work on the harness fully.

My initial idea was to have one cable go around my torso to get the required length, add 10cm for extra options, then get that amount of length times 4. Then twist all these cables together as one cable. At the location where I have my nipples, I would not twist all 4 cables, but instead, first twist the middle 2 one or two times, then both outer cables a few times. Say 15 times, then the middle two again for 2 times, and then all 4 again. This creates a neat little gap in the cable where I can put my nipple through. I wanted to just have one cable around the torso that I would put my nipples in between, then push them closer together as a form of nipple clamps, but that didn't work.

But that did gave me an idea to create a harness. A few tests made me see that this is very doable, and I have plenty of metal wiring for this.

I will show pictures when I finish this. :)

If all goes well, it'll be a one piece harness, possibly with a locking mechanism to lock it shut, to wear under my regular clothes. I may even find a way to attach a powerbox to it so I can effectively lock a powerbox in place so it is protected from being changed until I have a key for the harness itself.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
occorics

Re: Creating my own metal body harness

Post by occorics »

Very interesting!
Have you thought about using this stuff (don't know the english name...):
DV_8_0771551_01_4c_DE_20160204235500.jpg
if you use rivets to connect them and a padlock to close, it should be pretty safe.
There is also a version with plastic coarting...
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
sweh

Post by sweh »

occorics wrote: Have you thought about using this stuff (don't know the english name...):
Home Depot calls it "perforated metal hanger straps" - e.g. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Perforated- ... /100396917
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Interesting... I may look into using this, although a metal thin stringed harness has its unique features too. Even if its worn loosely, you will continuously feel it, and that can be a huge turn on.

Yesterday I finished the first ring that goes around the torso with holes for my nipples. It was pretty hard to do and the metal seemed to be slightly too short to create a ring at the end, so my design has changed now. No more option to lock it with a padlock, but that's okay. Or I will make changes later. Dunno.

Next I will create 2 or 3 more of these rings that will go lower on the body (belly and such). Then from the nipples over the shoulder to the back to connect to these rings all the way down between the legs to the front. (the fun part)

The bottom ring will have a different configration than the other rings. Instead of the one ring coming at the center in the back, I will make it split about 10 cm apart as it goes between the legs. This will ensure that it pushes my asscheeks aside which should feel awesome. Maybe even apply some tape too. We'll see. :)
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I went to the hardware store because I needed some small 90 degrees bent metal plates to fixate an object, and it happened to be that close by they had this ring with metal with holes in it, as shown above. So I got myself some of it. Lets see if I can make a harness using that and my metal wire. :)