New to me pervertible: Mirrorball rotator

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
PutStringsOnMe

New to me pervertible: Mirrorball rotator

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello Forum,
I had a brainwave this morning while watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvv3ep2nIz0.

It's a geared motor that hooks up to the mains and turns really slowly. (1 RPM)
Being geared, it's supposed to be quite powerful. The most common ones seem to be unidirectional, selecting the direction it is turning "randomly" depending on the position of the rotor in the motor.

I'm sure that this could be achieved with an Arduino and a stepper motor, but I already have a setup I could hook this up to.

My mind went immediately to a scenario that has me sitting/kneeling/standing still, monitored by a motion sensing power outlet.
When active the motor will start to wind up a string or chain going to clamps, attached to sensitive bits. :oops:
Due to the randomly selected direction the motor may also unwind the string, prolonging the pulling of said clamps.

I'll see if I can find one for a reasonable price.

Challenges:
- temporarily and securely mount the motor for a scene
- what force does the motor stall at and what happens
- current draw and heating under realistic load
- sourcing pulleys and a way to mount them in my playroom (Bathroom with no windows. Tiles on floor and walls.)
- failsafe disconnect when motor stalls > A weaker sort of string, strong enough to pull the clamps but not strong enough to withstand the motor when before stalling?

I thought I'd share this with you, the more ideas the merrier :D
-PutStringsOnMe
Sir Cumference

Re: New to me pervertible: Mirrorball rotator

Post by Sir Cumference »

An alternative could be a rotisserie motor.
They are crazy strong and reasonably priced.

Suction cups are great for mounting on tiles. You can pull the tiles off the wall with the larger ones.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
AssTechWarrior

Post by AssTechWarrior »

You could easily extend the shaft of pretty much any motor by using a length of automotive fuel hose and a few clamps.

Slip over the motor output shaft, add hose clamps ( put metal tail in the direction it rotates so it doesn't get hung up ) then take your main shaft, push it into the other end of the hose and you get a cheap flexible connector that will transmit lots of force if the clamps are tight.

The cooker motors I found that looked strong were $40+

One motor that may work: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Torque-El ... B01KTXQZHE It's only 1 foot pound torque though...
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Search the usual chinese or american suppliers for geared AC motors, you'll find you can get these "pancake" motors in lots of different speeds and torques for a lot cheaper if you go to the base part.

Personally I tend to look for lower voltage DC parts when thinking about bondage applications, since 12V DC is (outside of special circumstances) safe on human contact. 120v or 240v AC definitely isn't. Searching for 12v geared DC motor will get you plenty of high torque motors to play with too.

Keep in mind though, high torque usually also means high heat output. All of these motors can get quite toasty.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*