Penance for emergency release

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Keyless

Penance for emergency release

Post by Keyless »

Here is another emergency release idea that relies on the destruction of information, such as a safe combination. Loss of the information results in you having to do some penance to recover. The penance might be having to walk to work as your car keys are locked up, trying every combination of a combination lock or having to walk/run/cycle to somewhere you have hidden the combination.

I have mentioned this method in several previous posts, e.g. http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 769#p70769 but it does not seem to carry much favour with members. Even so, having thought of another way to do it, I might as well post it as it might be useful to someone.

You need a narrow neck bottle or pot that you can’t see through. A dark coloured wine bottle would probably do. The bottle needs to be filled with water and secured so it won’t fall over. Adding a little washing up liquid seems to help, also warm the water so it is at room temperature as a minimum. Take a suitable piece of material and write a combination or password on it with a non-permanent marker, then suspend it in the top of the bottle with a simple rod through a hole, such that, if you pull the rod, the bit of material will drop into the bottle. You might need to add a weight. The writing might survive dropping into the water but, with right material, you won’t be able to get it out without destroying the writing. So far, I have tried a little of plastic cut from a transparent blown plastic packaging tray - the sort of thing you get in supermarkets for burgers, cakes etc.

Connect the rod to your emergency release. Use it and the combination/password is destroyed, meaning that you have to do your penance.

I’d be interested in any imaginative ideas for a penance.
KinkInSpace

Re: Penance for emergency release

Post by KinkInSpace »

How would this work? I mean, if you open the bottle to get the code and it fails, how will you otherwise get the code?

Or is the idea that you do get the code, but there is obvious proof that you got the code? As in, this doesn't work in solo play?
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Slave_L wrote:How would this work? I mean, if you open the bottle to get the code and it fails, how will you otherwise get the code?

Or is the idea that you do get the code, but there is obvious proof that you got the code? As in, this doesn't work in solo play?
The idea is that there is a combination or password written on a strip of material hanging in the neck of the bottle. If the strip is allowed to fall into the water in the bottle, the writing is destroyed. In my experiments so far, the combination was written on shiny plastic using a non-permanent pen so that it washed off easily. It sometimes remained legible following being dropped but soon washed off if the bottle was moved (hence the need for a bottle you can't see through). This is a diagram of the set-up.
Bottle release 1.jpg
Of course you are tied so that you cannot reach the bottle
If you don’t use the emergency release, the plastic strip will still be hanging in the top of the bottle when you are released normally. You can remove it, read it and unlock whatever it is the combination to. Using the emergency release means pulling away the rod at the top of the bottle and allowing the strip to fall into the bottle so that copy of the combination will be destroyed, leaving you having to do some sort of punishment or penance to get at another copy.

There are all sorts of possibilities for what could be locked up. I have suggested:
a. your car keys,
b. your internet router,
c. a season ticket of some sort,
d. a receipt for something you want to return for a refund, with a time limit,
e. a password, perhaps to an on-line computer game,
f. some of your clothes.

Possible places for a copy of the combination or ways to recover it might be:
a. leave it at work,
b. go through all the combinations of a combination lock,
c. some sort of timer – a computer program, Emlalock or a safe timer are possibilities,
d. post it to yourself,
e. hide it some distance from your home,
f. have no way to recover the combination. Bolt cutters/metal saws required.

And lots of other possibilities I haven’t thought of. You just have to choose a selection of items from the lists which give rise to a penance of appropriate severity.

Regarding e. above, you might use numbers which are already available in the environment. Similar to what I suggest in this post http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =6&t=11389

I have seen several posts on this forum along the lines “I had my emergency key tied to a piece of string. I was horrified to find that it caught on ??? and broke etc”, or “… and I could not get the key into the lock”. This method can be arranged to release you directly. You probably need some sort of snap shackle or hook onto a solid restraint, so that you won’t pull the string accidentally, but that should be very simple to undo. Then you can pull the string and the plastic will drop. I doesn’t matter if the string does break, you are still free.

It is the same principle as my post in this thread http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 9&start=60 but a lower tech, but less tidy, way of destroying the combination or password.

Sorry the post was a bit confusing. I hope it's clearer now.

I'd be interested in any other items to add to the lists.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah, much clearer. :)
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Moved to DIY.

I still don’t get the idea.
It doesn’t make sense to me to destroy a written code to something to be freed. Once I am free, I’ll be able to break into most things. It is the code or the key I need to get free, that is interesting.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Sir Cumference wrote: I still don’t get the idea.
It doesn’t make sense to me to destroy a written code to something to be freed. Once I am free, I’ll be able to break into most things. It is the code or the key I need to get free, that is interesting.
It looks as though even my kink is a bit odd. I like scenarios where I can move around, but have to do something (walking, cycling, swimming, a domestic chore, etc). There may be some bondage involved, but it might be just clothing that would be embarrassing out of context.

In this case, the basic idea is quite simple. There are two copies of the combination. One you can recover when you get out of your bondage. That one is destroyed if you use the emergency release. You can only get the second one by doing your penance, which, if nothing goes wrong, is nastier than finishing the bondage.

Looking at posts on here, clearly people do use safes to secure keys. Presumably they feel happy that their keys are beyond temptation. I guess you just have to make things difficult enough. Some people consider a K safe adequate, even though it would be quite easy to break open. A cheap steel safe isn’t much better unless it is secured to a wall, but you could still cut it open. If you wanted something more secure you could mount the safe in a really awkward position, such as the back of an airing cupboard. It might still be able to break it open, but at the cost of quite a mess.

Having seen some of your projects, I guess you are more capable of breaking into things than most but it must be possible to make the destruction option less attractive than doing the penance, even for someone with your capabilities. Perhaps you could arrange to lock your workshop so you can’t get at your tools. Maybe a better quality safe so that it’s more difficult to break and more expensive to replace. You could put something in the safe which is likely to be damaged by the breaking in procedure. Perhaps use a laptop safe to secure your laptop. That way you are deprived of your laptop until you can get the safe open and you are likely to damage it if you try to break in.

If you make the safe so secure that it is very difficult to break open, even accepting serious damage, and the emergency means you cannot do your penance (maybe illness), you might need help to get your safe undone. Perhaps you should have some additional method of recovering the combination using a timer with a very inconveniently long delay, so you can get the safe open eventually, even if you don’t do your penance.

Of course, for most emergencies no destruction is required; you just have to do your penance. :whip:
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

To me, breaking open the K-safe would already be more than expensive enough to work as "penance". Those things are rather expensive and I'd rather save that for more gear or other fun stuff.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Gregovic wrote:To me, breaking open the K-safe would already be more than expensive enough to work as "penance". Those things are rather expensive and I'd rather save that for more gear or other fun stuff.
I suggest that destruction of the safe would be your final back stop. The idea is the you could avoid the need to break the safe by doing something else as the penance. Perhaps you used the serial number from the hand drier in the toilet of a supermarket in your nearest town as your combination. You noted it a week ago, on your last visit and have now forgotten it. You locked up your car keys, so now you have have to walk to the supermarket to collect it again. There are lots of things you might choose as a penance.

Here's a very silly one. Write down a lot of possible random combinations and give each a letter A, B, C etc. Make a copy and keep that in your safe. Put the original in a small sealed container. Go into your garden and make a narrow hole with a stake or rod (watch out for wires and pipes), drop the container in and cover it over. When you want to use the system just choose one of the combinations, note the letter assigned to it, so you know which one you used it, set it on your safe and put it in your emergency release. Now, if you use the emergency release, you have to do some digging to get the copy of the combination in the garden. Be warned, in my experience, it's much more difficult than you think to find a buried object. Of course, if possible use long numbers and set it up in advance so you have time to forget the numbers. If you don't use the emergency release you don't need to dig up the container so you can go on using the different combination over and over again - and it will get more difficult to remember exactly where you put the container. :(

If that's not difficult enough, use several tubes with only some of the combinations in each, at random. Even more diabolical, only part of each combination is in each tube, so you have to find them all to get the complete combination. OK maybe this deserves a move to the fiction section, but it's fun to think about.