Foldable Bondage Board

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
TheWingmen

Foldable Bondage Board

Post by TheWingmen »

Capture.JPG
So recently I saw a similar product as pictured above going for over $270usd. I thought surely I could build one for less (see pic above, I could!). While I didn't take step by step photos I will describe the process for you and the materials needed.

Materials:
-Two 2x2' by 3/4" pieces of plywood.
-Two door hinges
-Tie down mounts (as many as you like around the edge)
-Seat cushion foam
-Pleather, leather, etc (I suggest something water proof and easily to clean with a damp rag)

Tools:
-Staple gun
-Screw driver
-Tape measure
-Knife/scissors

First:
Cut the cushion material to the right size and staple it to the top of the plywood. Lay on top of your fabric and cut the fabric to size, make sure you have enough that you can wrap it around all sides and have an inch or so around the back of the wood. Staple around the edge keeping fabric tight. I would look up a video on upholstering things if you have never done it before for more of a visual representation on how to go about it (thats what I did).

Second:
Attach the two planks together using the hinges. Make sure the gap between them is small enough that it will only fold one way, so that when it is flat on the floor your sub cannot lift up either end.

Third:
Screw your tie down points into the plywood directly through the fabric and cussion.

All said and done this cost me roughly $70 in materials and took maybe an hour of my time to build with no upholstery experience before this. I'd say it turned out pretty good!
bound_jenny

Re: Foldable Bondage Board

Post by bound_jenny »

TheWingmen wrote:I'd say it turned out pretty good!
I agree. Very nice! Good, clean workmanship. I had an upholstery class way (way-way-way-way-way...) back in high school and with that experience (I had reup'd a foot stool), I'd say you did pretty well considering you had no prior experience in this kind of work.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

That's brilliant! I was considering treating us to one of these.

What's the back like? Is it likely to scratch the floor?
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

Giles English wrote:That's brilliant! I was considering treating us to one of these.

What's the back like? Is it likely to scratch the floor?
In it's current configuration, yes it would scratch the floor due to the hinges on back. So while using it currently I have put it on a rug or on a towel to protect my floor. However I may put some sort of a backing fabric on it to protect the floor from the hinges.

As for treating yourself, do it! It was very very easy to make and has provided a lot of fun so far! Also feels pretty awesome to build something that looks so good and pay next to nothing compared to commercial options