Straitjacket Timer Method Idea

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Zan

Straitjacket Timer Method Idea

Post by Zan »

I have just became a proud owner of a Posey straitjacket however I rarely have someone to tie me into the jacket. This has led to me searching for ideas on how to fasten myself into it for set periods of time.

Currently I can put the jacket on with all the straps (except for arms) and then do the crotch strap. I have also found that I can thread the arms through the three loops (front and two sides) and have the arm strap slightly tightened. This has me effectively tied into the straitjacket however the arms are not tight. I have also experimented maker the arm strap tighter and tighter, one time I struggled into it and could barely get out.

I have come up with an idea or two in which I can have the arm strap held together for a set period of time. Ideally I could create something that would actually further tighten the arm strap when I put the jacket on, then release after that set period of time.

My first idea would involve an electromagnet attached to the sleeve with the short strap and then the long strap be tied to have a metal magnet which would stick to the electromagnet. The electromagnet would be powered by a battery and have a timer attached to it. This would then allow me to set the electromagnet, wiggle myself into the SJ and get stuck, then after the time runs out I can be released.

What are your experiences and ideas behind this? Also wondering how I can make the sleeves further tighten.
Gregovic

Re: Straitjacket Timer Method Idea

Post by Gregovic »

Be VERY careful playing with straightjackets. They appear very friendly and comfortable but can get you very effectively stuck. I hope you have a backup method of getting yourself out if you are stuck (like walking out the door and asking a neighbour, however embarrassing that would be)

That said, I think the electro magnet idea could work, but magnets with any sort of holding power are rather bulky. I don't know how well one would do strapped to a straightjacket. I don't have any good suggestions otherwise. Straightjackets aren't really solo-play items AFAIK.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Zan

Post by Zan »

Gregovic wrote:Be VERY careful playing with straightjackets. They appear very friendly and comfortable but can get you very effectively stuck. I hope you have a backup method of getting yourself out if you are stuck (like walking out the door and asking a neighbour, however embarrassing that would be)

That said, I think the electro magnet idea could work, but magnets with any sort of holding power are rather bulky. I don't know how well one would do strapped to a straightjacket. I don't have any good suggestions otherwise. Straightjackets aren't really solo-play items AFAIK.
My backup is my housemate, that would be extremely embarrassing but takes the majority of the risk out.
TheGentleman

Post by TheGentleman »

First idea that popped into mind was a combination of two ring one way rope pull, and an ice timer release.

Set up the straitjacket with the final arm strap loose but connected by the ring unit and ice timer.
Slide your way into the straitjacket.
Start pulling the slack from the connecting rope using the ring unit and handy door handle or such.
You should be able to get the strap tight enough to be fully stuck. Then you'll have to wait for the ice timer to release which will again allow the arm strap to be slack if not totally free.

From what I remember, most ice release units are fairly bulky. Resting on your back probably won't be possible.
It's the quiet ones you need to fear (or enjoy) most.
occorics

Post by occorics »

I have a cheap canvas straightjacket with open sleeves, so i can use my hands while closing it...
I have installed an eyelet to each side where my hands will be in the final position, so i can put the pins of segufix locks through.
The sleeves got eyelets, too, so i can put them over the pins and push the locking heads on from the inside.
For release, i use a door-holder magnet, which is strong enough to open the locks through the canvas.
Only disadvantage is, that i can't lie on my side due to the locks...

Maybe this will work for you, too...
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
Zan

Post by Zan »

TheGentleman wrote:First idea that popped into mind was a combination of two ring one way rope pull, and an ice timer release.

Set up the straitjacket with the final arm strap loose but connected by the ring unit and ice timer.
Slide your way into the straitjacket.
Start pulling the slack from the connecting rope using the ring unit and handy door handle or such.
You should be able to get the strap tight enough to be fully stuck. Then you'll have to wait for the ice timer to release which will again allow the arm strap to be slack if not totally free.

From what I remember, most ice release units are fairly bulky. Resting on your back probably won't be possible.
I like this idea the only problem is the ice lock piece, which I'd have to find a small enough one.