Smartplugs

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
CD Tammy

Smartplugs

Post by CD Tammy »

My release has always been a key frozen in something. While this method has always worked for me, it isn’t without its share of issues. I once badly underestimated the time the ice would take to melt because I failed to consider the weather and outside temp in the planning. One of my best adventures ever, but not what I had planned.

I have purchased a couple TP-Link HS110 smartplugs. They can controlled by Alexa, or by an app. Easily backed up by daisy chaining a traditional mechanical electric timer. At present my thoughts are to use fail safe door magnets combined with a cage or stock (pillory) type set up.

Any suggestions? I have searched and haven’t found any mention of smartplugs.
thatthat21

Re: Smartplugs

Post by thatthat21 »

Been looking at the smart plugs as well. I have two right now, and just have been playing with them around the house. I got iDevices Switch - WiFi Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring (IDEV0001ANP5) from amazon. They work with both apple and amazon. I have been using my Apple TV as the controller for the devices on a schedule, and I use Alexa to do my voice commands around the house (mainly because have echo dots all over the house and do not all ways have my phone on me for hey siri). The scheduling has been working great with the apple TV no problems as of yet and it have been doing everything it should be for about 3 months now. In that time were have been updates, and a few power outages, and even an internet outage or two and still works like it should.

So with out taking over the thread to much I have been looking for a place to buy a mag lock that you can just plug into the wall power. If you have a link or something I would really like it. I have so many ideas on how to use the logs and the plugs with it all being controlled from some one else on their phone or via auto schedules.

Thank you for any info that some one can provide, and hope you have fun with your devices!
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

My thoughts exactly. This one I found on a door not being used. It is a monster. 1200 lbs of holding. I am already starting to think of ways to make this work. If you search on eBay there are many and they are not expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OWSOO-12V-Elec ... SwLnBX5GBF
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 2.26.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 2.26.31 PM.png (157.11 KiB) Viewed 6515 times
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

CD Tammy wrote:My thoughts exactly. This one I found on a door not being used. It is a monster. 1200 lbs of holding. I am already starting to think of ways to make this work. If you search on eBay there are many and they are not expensive.

I can find plenty of the door parts my question I guess it more getting it wired to the wall. I know I am going to need a converter from AC to DC, but guess I would rather have some one say this is what I am using and it works and does not over heat and stuff like that. I just get worried about having all the right voltage and parts so everything works right and I do not spend money on something that is not going to work right.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Using Alexa to control locks? What could possibly go wrong?

You: Alexa! engage the lock for one hour

Alexa: You didn't say 'please' so I'm going to make it three hours to teach you some manners
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

I am planning to engage the log via an app with a start time and end time. My back up will be a mechanical timer switch like used for Christmas lights.
EricClut

Post by EricClut »

thatthat21 wrote:
CD Tammy wrote:My thoughts exactly. This one I found on a door not being used. It is a monster. 1200 lbs of holding. I am already starting to think of ways to make this work. If you search on eBay there are many and they are not expensive.

I can find plenty of the door parts my question I guess it more getting it wired to the wall. I know I am going to need a converter from AC to DC, but guess I would rather have some one say this is what I am using and it works and does not over heat and stuff like that. I just get worried about having all the right voltage and parts so everything works right and I do not spend money on something that is not going to work right.
I use a door magnet like in the previous picture with a 12v 1amp converter. It doesn't get hot as it is designed for continuous use holding a door shut. It is as reliable as the timing device you use.
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

EricClut wrote:
thatthat21 wrote:

I use a door magnet like in the previous picture with a 12v 1amp converter. It doesn't get hot as it is designed for continuous use holding a door shut. It is as reliable as the timing device you use.
Where did you get it at and do you have a link?
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

thatthat21 wrote:Where did you get it at and do you have a link?
I got mine from eBay. Do a search for electric door locks. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Door-DC12V-El ... SwImRYmpHJ
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

Sashauk wrote:
thatthat21 wrote:Where did you get it at and do you have a link?
I got mine from eBay. Do a search for electric door locks. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Door-DC12V-El ... SwImRYmpHJ
Ok, but what about the power for it?
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

thatthat21 wrote:Ok, but what about the power for it?
Again eBay. Search for 12v power supply - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-Power- ... Mg0lw92yOQ
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

I found this one mounted on a door. It was unused since we long ago blocked that door from the other side. I traced the wiring back and got the DC adapter. It is a 350 mA @ 24 VDC. I looked up the specs for this lock, it is the 1511 Single EMLock and this matched the specs shown. It could be a 670 mA 12 @ VDC or a 350 mA @ 24 VDC. It was actually operating for years. To open the door, you would press a green button next to the door but since the door was blocked from the other side three or four years ago, this has just been holding it shut.

I am going to test it thoroughly. I’ll attach it to the rafters of my storage building then hang a weigh from it. Set the timers for release and wait for the thud. (I’ll put them close to the floor.)
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I use the door lock magnet as my release mechanism for self bondage. I have posted pictures of it here before.

I always (well, ever since the "problem") use two timers in series. I typically use a spring wound timer that will give me up to an hour, and then plug that into a common lamp timer set for a few hours.

Ron
AssTechWarrior

Post by AssTechWarrior »

If you are using a 'smart' device for your release mechanism please also use a relatively stupid timer in series.

For example, plus a mechanical lighting timer into the wall then plug your 'smart' device into it. Set the simple timer to 3 or 4 hours so that if your smart system fails you will still be released, just far later.

Safe and alive is alweays better.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

They great thing about magnets is, that apart from using a timer to cut the power, you can also make a very simple "pull the plug in case of an emergency “-release.
It may tip over a jar of Thai fish sauce on your favorite pillow, but it will be simple to make and extremely reliable.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~