MODERATOR WARNING: ELECTROSTIMULATION DEVICES

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

MODERATOR WARNING: ELECTROSTIMULATION DEVICES

Post by curious_sb »

Please do not post any DIY threads with links to, or information, on making, publishing plans for, or how to make, or use, electrostimulation devices.

ANY threads with this information in will be strictly removed.

NEVER try to make your own elecrical stimulation equipment. End of story.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I have unlocked this forum as LoRee wanted to add something quite valuable.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Don't Be Cheap Or Stupid

Post by LoRee »

First off some of you who have read our moderator's replies to some of my posts know that I cause them a bit of concern and grief. Yes I am a non conformist and most adventurous, although they might say reckless. :twisted:
I am a experienced skilled craftsman and have made or attempted to make all manor of toys for myself and others. But of all the different kinds of toys you can build, the one you DON"T want to Fuck with is an electrostimulation device! 99% of the time building your own electrostimulating toys, especially for self bondage, is like playing Russian Roulette with an automatic pistol. :shock: Once while helping a friend do some research I ran across a chapter in "The Homicide Investigators Hand Book" concerning accidental death. I was surprised to find too many instances of self bondage gone wrong involving "Homemade Electrostimulators". :roll: There is a reason why electrostimulators are so expensive. That is because it takes a highly technically trained and experienced electrical technician to make one safe to use. I've a dozen years experience as a residential electrician and I don't have the right expertise needed to think about making an electrostimulator that I would trust to use safe. We are not talking about a toaster or refrigerator, or even a low voltage battery operated toy like a vibrator. We are talking about a device designed to electrocute yourself with. You might as well just take an electrical cord and apply the bare wires to your genitals, and plug the other end into an electric outlet. That is about as bright an idea as an untrained layman trying to make his own electrostimulator. I personally own a store bought TENS unit that I LOVE to use with others :wink: , but never alone. A low voltage electronic devices that may give you an unpleasant unintended shock is one thing. But screw up with a homemade electrostimulator and we will be laughing about your silly ass :lol: from the news story the next morning. I have a Macabre sense of humor so I will laugh at you. :lol: So don't be so stupid or cheap. Buy a good safe one and have fun. And live to enjoy it for many many years.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

You? Cause us hassle?? No I dont beleive it for one second...lol :D

Thanks for addng that information, LoRee.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Mason

Post by Mason »

I'm an electrician (ooo the secrets out) and I do not reccomend making these. Unless you acctually had knowledge on the subject this is an off limits area. I'm currently finishing my apprenticeship to become a fulfledged electrician and even with what I know I doubt I could make an effective electro stimulating device. they seem to have a govenor, which would be computer programed to limit voltages. And becuase I have 0 skills in computer programming I don't think I could make one.

If I can't make one then you can't either (well maybe you could if you were an electrician and CP) . End of story.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Im pleased to say I am NOT a qualified electrician, but I am a computer geek - but I can't do programming to save my life.

I say "pleased" because at least not knowing the full facts about electricity means I respect it and dont fuck about with it. I think if I knew everything about electricity I would probably get complacent and cocky with the knowledge. I am sure you budding and veteran elecrical engineers will think I am having a go, Im not, Im sure you are even more terrified, now you know what it can do, all I am saying is that once I know about something I tend to relax a bit, which can't be good.

So anyway other than my complete ignorance of electricity and therefore ultimate respect of it's capabilities, nothing worries me more about these e-stim devices is not so much that you could over do the voltage and burn your skin, but the PLACEMENT ON THE BODY of the electrodes. I dont mean to have a go but some people seem to not have a clue at all, like placing an electrode on each nipple / attaching electrodes to nipple clamps?? Thats not clever is it. Surely that will pass the current through the heart, like a makeshift defribrillator, and thats gotta cause some damage or even death????.

And dont laugh, somebody posted that information on here a while ago.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Mason

Post by Mason »

yes curious_sb your right, now that I know so much about electricity and the way it moves and the rate in which it moves at... I fear it. But becuase of my profession, on job it is not a problem but yeah... attaching to nipple clamps... Free trip to the hospital right there.
TieMeTighter

Electro stimulation

Post by TieMeTighter »

Try a Rio slim gym ?

These are variable pulse, designed to be used in contact with the body, and can be powered from only an internal 9v battery, hence no chance of any component failing and allowing mains electricity through to your body.

If it can produce big contractions to large muscles imagine its effect on the more sensitive regions.

A little imagination can make straps or bipolar clips to attach to sensitive regions.

The usual advice about not letting voltage across your heart still applies.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

OK let's establish a couple of facts with regards to electrical play.
1) As eluded to by TieMeTighter, most electrostimulation devices primary purpose is muscle stimulation. These were designed by medical engineers initially for legitimate medical treatment. But like most things kinky people found more perverse and fun uses for ordinary devices.
2) As curious_sb knows, a computer geek is like a race car driver. No matter how expertly you can control you vehicle, it does NOT make you qualified to work as a car mechanic. There is a world of difference between an computer technician and a computer operator. Not that you can't do both, but just because you can do one, don't assume you can do the other.
3) Like Mason I am a trained electrician. We know about power supply Not electrical regulation. An electicional engineer and an electronics engineer are two completely different animals. Just like the differences between computer operators and computer techs. And while an electronics technician or engineer COULD make or modify
an electrostimulation device, neither are qualified medical personnel. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.
As Mason should also know, it is the amperage that kills you, NOT the voltage. Being afraid of electrostimulation devices is like being afraid of the dark. Don't fear the dark, just don't go running full tilt into it and you won't have those extremely unpleasant encounters.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
Kim

Safety Tip

Post by Kim »

This post has been removed by a moderator.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Sorry luv2dress3, your post must be removed, much as we appreciated your input, a 5 Amp fuse is not enough to protect you from death by electrocution, scientists claim* that as little as 0.7amps (thats 700 milliamps) is all that is needed, given the right conditions, to pass across the heart in order to stop it , dead. The electric chair (a common execution chamber device in America), however and interestingly, uses only 5 to 12 amps.

*References:
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/p ... y00293.htm

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/AprilDunetz.shtml
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Dark_Lizerd

"Electrical" idea

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Electrical can be fun, but being carfull is not enough...
I think the fun with electricy is the forced mussle activity, and the vibrating action it causes. The next, and better, thing would be to use a vibrating source to provide the stimulation.
So I had an idea that may work as a "shocker".

Picture a set of tweezers with a small electromagnet between the arms.
When the magnet turns on, the clamp closes. When the magnet turns off, the clamp opens. Repeate at high speed (unknown at this time) and it should feal the same as getting shocked...

I have a saying..." I have a healthy respect for electricty, and that respect keeps me healthy."
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bedcuffnightsleep

Post by bedcuffnightsleep »

I agreed with the moderator. I don't recommend any electricity on your body for pleasure. All companies shouldn't be selling those kind of electricity.
cbshackle

Post by cbshackle »

Electro-pleasure can be safe, and even though I have a Electrical Engineering background, I would not make one for myself. You have to know the rules of electricity even on medical TENS units. Nothing above the waistline unless you are using a bi-polar (device that has both polls) so that electricity NEVER has a chance to cross the heart. In engineering school we were taught these things when building projects.

FYI, on the amperage that heart can take (the voltage is harmless, just painfull).
  • 0.0 - 0.5 amps - no effect on heart
    0.5 - 1.0 amps - heart can stop (and has a problem restarting) - This is the most dangerous situation since it can easily occur.
    1.0 - 5.0 amps - heart will stop, but will restart on its on in most cases
    Over 5 amps - DEATH can occur, heart gets fried (depending on length of exposure)
Of course your mileage may vary.

-cbshackle
catman

Post by catman »

I think you meant to say "Milamp," 1/1000 Amp!