Pull to tighten mechanism

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
snake

Pull to tighten mechanism

Post by snake »

Hello all !

One frustration I had from my self-bondage sessions is that all mechanisms to tighten a rope or a strap always required a second rope to pull. The most basic example is the ring device. When you pull on one side, it tightens the other side. I don't like it because you need to make sure you can access that other rope, and it doesn't provide a good helplessness feeling. I always wanted to have something that would be like "the more you pull, the more it's going to spread you"

But that is hard. You cannot expect something to pull from you if you pull towards you at the same time !

So the only alternative was to design something that would allow you to pull the rope towards you, and then let the mechanism pull back from you, and let you repeat the process until you feel like the rope is nicely tight.

Here is the design: https://i.imgur.com/8fdS1Ux.jpg

It is inspired from ratchet straps (https://www.google.fr/search?q=ratchet+strap), and can probably be constructed from one. The main difference is the presence of a strong circular spring required to pull back and be able to repeat the process (In a typical ratchet strap, the operator does both pull and push, while for self bondage a spring needs to be used since we can only pull).

Imagine the left side bound to some anchor using an ice-lock mechanism. The right side is bound to your wrist (Have a second one for a second wrist, and do a spread eagle on your bed, or whatever position you like such that your hands cannot touch the mechanism).

You can bound yourself while the straps are lose. Once you are done, every time you pull on the strap, the mechanism will react by gently pulling the straps back by a few inches. It is not going to pull you with a lot of strength, but once you let go just a bit, you will never be able to get back the few inches of rope you gave up. :evil:

As long as you do not pull further, it is not going to eat more strap, so you will still be able to stretch a little if you need to. Similarly, it is not going to pull you with more strength than the rotating spring is capable of. So I think the mechanism is not going to cause any harm (as long as you have a good release and safety release mechanism, of course).

But here is the trick. Every time you will feel like checking if the ice lock is lose, you will have to pull the rope. And every time you pull, you will have to pay the price... A few more inches of rope. :whip:

Again, it is not going to pull your arm off. But if you started the session with some lose rope, it is likely that your impatience will get you in a well tightened spread eagle. ;-)

Please tell if you have any idea to improve the mechanism (feature and safety), and let me know if you have an idea how to build one !

Have fun (safely).
Attachments
Pull to tighten mechanism design
Pull to tighten mechanism design
Last edited by snake on 29 Aug 2017, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Pull to tighten mechanism

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Nice and simple...
If you can't modify the ratchet with a spring, then a bungee cord attached to the same anchor point as the ratchet will work just as well.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

Nice idea.
SMDave

Post by SMDave »

Just use an electric winch like this one:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reese-Towpow ... 3=&veh=sem
Either use the switch provided, or wire in your own pull-cord switch. This is electrically safe, it runs at 12 volts. And you can't beat the price. The nice thing is that all of the work has been done for you, just purchase it and you will be up and running in an hour or so! For safety, just use a break-tie (i.e. a piece of rope weak enough so it breaks before you do).
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

You might consider a one-way (like a rope ratchet) with a weight attached to the free end. If one is restrained to the retracting end, the weight pulls the rope through the ratchet until the resistance from the restrained stops the weight. If you let up tension, the weight picks up any slack and one-way won't release it.

As in the prior post, you do need some way to halt this process at an appropriate place and/or allow escape.
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

A car seatbelt mechanism would make a good tensioning device. The mechanism normally has a bolt hole to mount it and the seatbelt buckles with a hole make easy padlock points.

Unless the mechanism is installed in the same (usually upright) orientation, the inertia weight will prevent the belt from pulling out but it will take up any slack. With the unit the right way up, pull out the belt and secure it with peg/crocodile clip to prevent it retracting. A piece of string to pull the peg free and your :gag:
occorics

Post by occorics »

Stretched out wrote:A car seatbelt mechanism would make a good tensioning device. The mechanism normally has a bolt hole to mount it and the seatbelt buckles with a hole make easy padlock points.

Unless the mechanism is installed in the same (usually upright) orientation, the inertia weight will prevent the belt from pulling out but it will take up any slack. With the unit the right way up, pull out the belt and secure it with peg/crocodile clip to prevent it retracting. A piece of string to pull the peg free and your :gag:
I remember reading somewhere, that a sealtbelt mechanism can be modified so that it doesn't release when you pull slowly as it normally would. It might even have been somewhere here on boundanna...

regarding the winch... if you put a digital pull force gauge into the line, you can have it tighten whenever there's not enough tension on the rope. Instead of the winch, one of those electric window blind openers (i don't know the proper term) might work, too. They have an integrated switch that turns them off when there's too much pull force...
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

occorics wrote:I remember reading somewhere, that a sealtbelt mechanism can be modified so that it doesn't release when you pull slowly as it normally would. It might even have been somewhere here on boundanna...
Unless its mounted within 20-30 degrees of its designed position, an inertia reel mechanism will (generally) be locked off. So the slow pull out isnt an option .

Avoid reels with an electrical connection, as these could contain an explosive charge to tension the belts in a crash... they would be highly unlikely to fire without electric , but theres enough normal ones in scrap yards, to not take the chance.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

occorics wrote:I remember reading somewhere, that a sealtbelt mechanism can be modified so that it doesn't release when you pull slowly as it normally would. It might even have been somewhere here on boundanna...
Many (not all) inertia reel seatbelt mechanisms have a feature where if you pull the belt all the way out, it engages a ratchet that only releases when the seatbelt is fully retracted. It's intended for ad-hoc installation of child seats - you attach the seat with the seat belt, pull the belt out and let it ratchet back and it'll hold the seat in place and not unwind from normal movement of the car and seat.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

All the Toyotas I’ve had my hands on, have had those on the back seat.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

Well I've just got a pair of seatbelts from a breakers yard,with the baby locking ratchet from the rear of a VW Golf Mk4. £20.
Now I'll have to work out a way to set them up with a timed release.
zipupthestrap

Post by zipupthestrap »

Thinking about the seatbelt idea, I have an even easier and cheaper one. A retractable dog leash could work as a one way ratchet if you removed the spring that pushes the button up and mounted it such that the button was facing up. I tried this with a broken Frisco leash (while in the process of repairing it - my mother's dog chewed through the strap) and it looks like it could be a cheap, durable strap tightener.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, pullmychord
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
johnjr824

Post by johnjr824 »

The only problem would be that when you are pulling, there is no slack to tighten, unless you hook it up to pull slack from the opposite hand or leg. I have actually made a fully functional winch that only tightens when there is slack in the rope. It is composed of a small spool, high torque, self locking, and reversible 24v motor, mounted under my bed. The rope, paracord in my application runs thru a few eye bolts mounted to my head board, then thru the loop in my cuff, and finally to a pressure switch. When there is tension, the motor will stop, but if there is any slack, the motor turns on. I have it hooked to an indoor remote control outlet, so I get myself all hooked, turn it on, and see how long I can keep it from pulling all the slack out, dooming me to waiting for my wife to find me, and do whatever she feels like.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, John Jr.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠