Always on/connected remote control lock?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Giles English

Always on/connected remote control lock?

Post by Giles English »

Hi - I'm not sure if this really is a DIY question, but you guys seem to be the technical experts...

Is there such a thing as a remote control lock that's always on?

I mean, with the bluetooth padlock I bought, you have to press a button to power it up before the mobile phone can connect to it.

What I'm after instead is anything that can be unlocked remotely at any time, without any local intervention.

If that makes sense, I'd be grateful for any suggestions...
KinkInSpace

Re: Always on/connected remote control lock?

Post by KinkInSpace »

A lock that can be unlocked remotely without any pairing first is not really a lock, is it?

A lock is meant to only be unlocked by one person or device so it requires pairing. I guess you are after a remote handle then?

Unless I completely misunderstood you.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

If it is battery operated, it will normally employ some sort of power saving.
If it is stationary and hooked up to a power supply, there is no reason that it should not listen for the signal constantly.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Noescape

Post by Noescape »

May be out of the scope of what you're looking for, but one option may be a keypad deadbolt lock and hub

For example, we have Kwikset locks with the zigbee (think they call it zwave) modules connected to a wink hub. With login authentication they can be remotely locked/unlocked via the wink app. They could be quite easily perverted to lock something other than a door ;-)
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

Sir Cumference wrote:If it is battery operated, it will normally employ some sort of power saving.
If it is stationary and hooked up to a power supply, there is no reason that it should not listen for the signal constantly.
Yes. This is what I mean! Do they exist off the shelf? Thanks!
sweh

Post by sweh »

What type of form factor are you looking for? Padlock shaped? Or a safe? Or a door lock? Or would an electromagnet work?
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

Padlock or safe would be best. Anything else would be impractical, I think.

(Use: It's for when my wife has me chained up in another nearby room, but wants to summon me.)
sweh

Post by sweh »

So if you have a place to mount/hang an electromagnet with the power socket far enough away then you could have the keys to your chain hanging from that, out of reach, and the power to the electromagnet could be plugged into a remote-controlled outlet (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Wireles ... B0087DAW46 ).

Now your wife can press the button, the keys will release and you can unlock yourself to serve her.
SMDave

Post by SMDave »

You can buy an inexpensive COTS device that connects to wi-fi and sends an electric signal from the internet at http://www.particle.io. This can be activated by internet from anywhere in the world, with as much or as little security as you want. Connect it to any electric lock mechanism, depending on what you are trying to do.

Here is a suitable lock:
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Open-Fram ... ctric+lock