Using Heavy Duty Zip ties to Restrain Someshands?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
ZipTies1

Using Heavy Duty Zip ties to Restrain Someshands?

Post by ZipTies1 »

How would you restrain somes hands with heavy duty Zip ties?.. one Ziptie binding the wrists together or two Zip ties joined together like makeshift handcuffs?.
Gregovic

Re: Using Heavy Duty Zip ties to Restrain Someshands?

Post by Gregovic »

ZipTies1 wrote:How would you restrain somes hands with heavy duty Zip ties?.. one Ziptie binding the wrists together or two Zip ties joined together like makeshift handcuffs?.
Personally I would prefer none. Zipties are not really intended for binding a person as their sharp edges can easily do (nerve) damage. IF you insist on using them, I'd go with 2 or 3 (One around each wrist, either interlocking with the wrists crossed or joined by a 3rd in a more traditional handcuffed position)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
ZipTies1

Post by ZipTies1 »

Gregovic wrote:
ZipTies1 wrote:How would you restrain somes hands with heavy duty Zip ties?.. one Ziptie binding the wrists together or two Zip ties joined together like makeshift handcuffs?.
Personally I would prefer none. Zipties are not really intended for binding a person as their sharp edges can easily do (nerve) damage. IF you insist on using them, I'd go with 2 or 3 (One around each wrist, either interlocking with the wrists crossed or joined by a 3rd in a more traditional handcuffed position)

In this way, two Zip Ties looped together?.
Attachments
article-2062560-0ED4A9F500000578-92_634x397.jpg
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Zipties are meant to be temporary restraints, enough to get from the arrest scene to the local constabulary. In no way should they be used for any sort of longer term self-bondage because of the risk of damage (cuts, blood flow restrictions, nerve damage, etc).

It might sound exciting, and get one worked up thinking about it, but if you really think about it - using your brain and not your gonads - it's not such a good idea.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ZipTies1

Post by ZipTies1 »

bound_jenny wrote:Zipties are meant to be temporary restraints, enough to get from the arrest scene to the local constabulary. In no way should they be used for any sort of longer term self-bondage because of the risk of damage (cuts, blood flow restrictions, nerve damage, etc).

It might sound exciting, and get one worked up thinking about it, but if you really think about it - using your brain and not your gonads - it's not such a good idea.

Jenny.

I understand, But I was thinking more along the lines of an Arrest Roleplay Scenerio.
Attachments
31835912281_55313559e2_z.jpg
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

ZipTies1 wrote: by ZipTies1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:04 am

bound_jenny wrote:
Zipties are meant to be temporary restraints, enough to get from the arrest scene to the local constabulary. In no way should they be used for any sort of longer term self-bondage because of the risk of damage (cuts, blood flow restrictions, nerve damage, etc).

Jenny.

I understand, But I was thinking more along the lines of an Arrest Roleplay Scenerio.
Even handcuffs are only intended as temporary restraints for transporting prisoners.

Police normally only resort to zip ties when making mass arrests. This is because Officers PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) only contains one pair of handcuffs.

Arrest roleplay would therefore require good quality handcuffs applied correctly (These usually come with instruction sheets).
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
ZipTies1

Post by ZipTies1 »

JIMDINI wrote:
ZipTies1 wrote: by ZipTies1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:04 am

bound_jenny wrote:

Jenny.

Even handcuffs are only intended as temporary restraints for transporting prisoners.

Police normally only resort to zip ties when making mass arrests. This is because Officers PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) only contains one pair of handcuffs.

Arrest roleplay would therefore require good quality handcuffs applied correctly (These usually come with instruction sheets).

How long is the Maximum that an Arrestee can be kept in Handcuffs/zipties?.
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

I would not use zip ties directly as a restraint, rather I'd use it as a binding utility.

As in it's a replacement for a lock or individual link in a chain or rope, or a lashing that holds two other lashings together.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

ZipTies1 wrote:How long is the Maximum that an Arrestee can be kept in Handcuffs/zipties?.
How long is a piece of string? In the UK, generally restraints will be removed on arrival at the custody suite, violent prisoners will have the restraints removed once they have been placed in the cells. handcuffing is to prevent escape and for officer safety, and is currently seen as a use of force by the Home Office (basically more bureaucracy, governments answer to everything) meaning a report at the end of shift.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Coupla things:

Firstly, Police usually use "disposable handcuffs", or "riot cuffs". These can be single or double looped, but they're not just zipties. Zipties for cable management et c aren't designed for use against skin and have nasty edges; disposable cuffs for law enforcement don't. If you tie someone up with zipties, especially around the wrists, any struggling is going to cause nasty abrasions.

What you can do with zipties is put them through plastic tubing. Wrap the tube around the intended prisoner's wrist, and cut to length, so you have one for each wrist (or other extremity). Insert the tie , wrap around each wrist and tighten. Then join the ties with another ziptie. The tube will prevent over-tightening and protect the wrists. You can cut the tie where it exits the tube to release.

Oh, and get a pair of side cutters (diagonal cutters, wire cutters) to cut the ties. Don't use scissors, and never use a knife.
ZipTies1

Post by ZipTies1 »

ruru67 wrote:Coupla things:

Firstly, Police usually use "disposable handcuffs", or "riot cuffs". These can be single or double looped, but they're not just zipties. Zipties for cable management et c aren't designed for use against skin and have nasty edges; disposable cuffs for law enforcement don't. If you tie someone up with zipties, especially around the wrists, any struggling is going to cause nasty abrasions.

What you can do with zipties is put them through plastic tubing. Wrap the tube around the intended prisoner's wrist, and cut to length, so you have one for each wrist (or other extremity). Insert the tie , wrap around each wrist and tighten. Then join the ties with another ziptie. The tube will prevent over-tightening and protect the wrists. You can cut the tie where it exits the tube to release.

Oh, and get a pair of side cutters (diagonal cutters, wire cutters) to cut the ties. Don't use scissors, and never use a knife.
I doubt the Prisoner will be struggling much, what if the Prisoner is wearing long sleeves?.
lj

Post by lj »

ZipTies1 wrote:

I doubt the Prisoner will be struggling much, what if the Prisoner is wearing long sleeves?.
I'd just like to add my own experiences with zip ties. I used one to link a pair of cuffs behind my back. Then realised I had left the scissors (yes, scissors) on a shelf. I managed to retrieve the scissors (via falling off a chair and breaking a rib) and tried to cut the zip-tie. The scissors broke apart and the blade cut my hand quite badly. Fortunately I remembered I had a pair of side-cutters and managed to get them and release myself.

There are two lessons (at least) one is never use scissors to cut zip-ties ! Second is the amount of pressure I subjected my wrists to in an attempt to use the scissors would have ripped through any clothing and skin if I had used zip-ties round my wrists - the cuffs saved me from that
be a switch, double the fun :-)
ZipTies1

Post by ZipTies1 »

lj wrote:
ZipTies1 wrote:

I'd just like to add my own experiences with zip ties. I used one to link a pair of cuffs behind my back. Then realised I had left the scissors (yes, scissors) on a shelf. I managed to retrieve the scissors (via falling off a chair and breaking a rib) and tried to cut the zip-tie. The scissors broke apart and the blade cut my hand quite badly. Fortunately I remembered I had a pair of side-cutters and managed to get them and release myself.

There are two lessons (at least) one is never use scissors to cut zip-ties ! Second is the amount of pressure I subjected my wrists to in an attempt to use the scissors would have ripped through any clothing and skin if I had used zip-ties round my wrists - the cuffs saved me from that
Other than the Scissors issue, how did the zipties feel on your wrists?.
lj

Post by lj »

ZipTies1 wrote:
lj wrote: Firstly, Police usually use "disposable handcuffs", or "riot cuffs". These can be single or double looped, but they're not just zipties. Zipties for cable management et c aren't designed for use against skin and have nasty edges; disposable cuffs for law enforcement don't. If you tie someone up with zipties, especially around the wrists, any struggling is going to cause nasty abrasions.

There are two lessons (at least) one is never use scissors to cut zip-ties ! Second is the amount of pressure I subjected my wrists to in an attempt to use the scissors would have ripped through any clothing and skin if I had used zip-ties round my wrists - the cuffs saved me from that[/quote]

Other than the Scissors issue, how did the zipties feel on your wrists?.[/quote]

I didn't have zip-ties on my wrists, I had a pair of home-made leather cuffs. I had already decided zip-ties were too dangerous for direct skin contact
be a switch, double the fun :-)
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

Zip ties, if used properly can be as safe as any other restraint method. I have used zip ties in self bondage for years. One major mistake people make is zipping them tight. Why? As long as the loop is smaller than what it is restraining, it doesn’t have to be tight. When I zip tie my ankles, I leave about two fingers of slack. Of course, I’m crossdressing when I do self-bondage adventures and I’d rather not rip my pantyhose, tights, of stockings. Trust me, even with an inch of slack, I am nowhere close to getting a foot free.

Double lock to get from accidental tightening? No problem. Cut the excess zip tie off, touch the flame of a lighter to it for a second. Zip ties come in very large sizes.