Bondage Pony - Finished at Last

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Keyless

Bondage Pony - Finished at Last

Post by Keyless »

I have finally finished my version of the bondage pony stock (first picture). It’s not as well finished as some, but it does have some extra features.

I was a bit concerned that, without a base board, the back leg might not be strong enough, so I put a plywood web down the middle. It turned out that this could be used to secure all the bits and pieces to make the lock work.

I designed it for what I call supervised self bondage. Mistress K does not want much to do with the locking process, just to give the command then she expects me to get locked up. Once I am locked she will check that I have done everything properly. If she wants to she will amuse herself at my expense. Accordingly I designed this so that I can lock myself in and also be released when my “sentence” has been served. I have also incorporated my alarmed safety release, which consists of a long screw that takes me two or three minutes to remove – but the first couple of turns set off an alarm (recycled smoke alarm). The wooden thing sticking out of the front of the wrist stocks is attached to the screw so I can turn it. Mistress K will be alerted by the alarm and can come to see what’s wrong. If it’s a real emergency she can release me. If not, she can order me to do the screw up again and apply whatever punishment she thinks appropriate. Of course, so long as she is around I am not in danger but, if she were to have an accident or be ill I would need to get out to help her.

I split the ankle stocks into two pieces hinged at the outside edges and fastened by a bolt in the middle, which can be operated, by the rider, from under the top (second picture).

The wrist stocks are secured by a hook (latch), which simply drops over the top of the upper section (third picture). Once the wrists are in it will lock as soon as the upper stock is allowed to drop. For timed release, there is a pivoted lever held by an electromagnet powered by a power block plugged in via time switch. When power is removed, the weight on the end of the lever falls and the latch hook is pulled back. If the emergency release screw is removed the latch remains in the locked position, but the whole latch can slide upwards allowing the stocks to open.

Both the alarm and the power for the magnet plug into sockets under the top, where I can’t get at them when locked in. As an extra precaution the cables go through the wire loop, so I can’t get a direct pull on the cables.

I also incorporated a different head rest. There seemed to be no point in being able to see when all I could do is look down at the carpet, so I am blindfolded when I put my head on the rest. The head rest is made of a piece of soft black cloth (old tee shirt) on a frame made of water pipe. There are four layers of cloth covering the upper part of my face and two layers further down.

Notice the metal tab on the upper stock and the cylinder on the screw (fourth picture). If the top stock is up and the screw screwed in to silence the alarm it will not drop. To lock in, I lift the top stock, screw up the screw, then plug in the alarm and the power for the magnet. Stick the weight to the magnet then get my legs locked in and lie down ready to lock my hands. To do that I have to put my hands through the stocks then unscrew the screw a little to let the stock drop. This sounds the alarm until I can do it up again. I have to sound the alarm again to get out, even when the timer has run out. This is an anti-cheat mechanism to ensure that I cannot leave my hands unlocked, then lock them in quickly if I hear Mistress approaching. It also lets her know when I lock in and when I get released. It double locks the stocks as well.

I think it could be modified to full self bondage by having a much shorter screw for emergency release. It could be undone in a few seconds, but would do something diabolical such as time lock a safe containing something like your car keys, so you have to walk to work. I think I would want a further emergency release somehow. The only thing I have thought of is to dispense with the blindfold and have a smart phone attached close to your hands, so you can call for help.

My thanks to Bruce - http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... ck#p72861- setting an example and making me get on with the job, for the idea of no baseboard and for pointing out that the stocks are more comfortable if the holes are angled. Also thanks to Mar Lingspike - http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... ony#p76925
for inspiring the idea of something falling over the top of the hand stock to lock it and for the idea of making it “knock down”. Mine cannot be dismantled as far as that, but the head rest and both sets of stocks are easy to remove, leaving another funny contraption built by that eccentric – purpose not clear. If necessary the top can be removed and the front stock frame can be detached from the central web.

Not much bondage is possible at the moment for several reasons, so I have only tried the pony for a few minutes. It will be ready as soon as there is a chance to use it. I’ll post again then.
Pic_1.JPG
Pic_1.JPG (40.87 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
Pic_2.JPG
Pic_2.JPG (37.45 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
Pic_3.JPG
Pic_3.JPG (26.21 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
Pic_4.JPG
Pic_4.JPG (45.88 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
smelt

Re: Bondage Pony - Finished at Last

Post by smelt »

I like this. Having built quite a few "inescapable pieces", I can see how tricky it is to make it escape-able, but still requiring a lot of determination to release yourself. I love the electromagnets. Have always wanted to use something like that for a "pushbutton" locking system. Looking forward to hearing how his works out for you!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Nice workmanship, and I like the way you worked the different wood shadings into the design of the pony.

Very nice! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

bound_jenny wrote:Nice workmanship, and I like the way you worked the different wood shadings into the design of the pony.

Very nice! 8)

Jenny.
smelt wrote:I like this. Having built quite a few "inescapable pieces", I can see how tricky it is to make it escape-able, but still requiring a lot of determination to release yourself. I love the electromagnets. Have always wanted to use something like that for a "pushbutton" locking system. Looking forward to hearing how his works out for you!
Thank you for your nice comments. I had hoped to be able to give a further report by now, but no such luck.

It's not really as nice as it looks in the photograph. I could not justify going out and buying some new hardwood. I had to be what I could in the workshop. I was lucky to have some dark hardwood and some lighter wood to make a contrast.

As for an emergency release, I like the screw release alarm because there is not much to go wrong with a simple screw yet I feel quite secure. I have a similar arrangement for the overnight bondage straps on our bed. I have never been even slightly tempted to use it. Mistress K would be very upset if I did.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I finally managed to get half an hour on the bondage pony. It was great. Nice and relaxing but with a hint of punishment :) . When I was released I had the same sort of feeling as after a bracing swim. There were a couple of small problems. I find that, if I relax my elbows the angle of my wrists in the stock is a bit uncomfortable, even though I angled the holes. Secondly it tends to dig in around the groin area. The cloth headrest worked out well. Being unable to see, lying face down and having to breathe through a layer of cloth made me very aware of my breathing, which helps take away any other thoughts. Note that I could breathe quite easily and I could always raise my head, but I did not really want to.

I have already made some modifications to improve comfort and looking forward to another chance to try it out. Perhaps a bit longer next time.