Simple "no pressure" blindfold

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Gregovic

Simple "no pressure" blindfold

Post by Gregovic »

Some of you might have the same problem I have with many of the blindfolds out there. They put pressure on the eyeballs which makes them super uncomfortable after a short time, don't close off all around or are just plain uncomfortable. I've seen this idea mentioned around the internet and in some posts here but couldn't find an actual description on how to make them in the DIY section here, so i thought I

Construction is pretty simple. Take a pair of cheap swimming goggles (example) with opaque rubber seals. Black works best ofcourse. For a neat finish tape off the plastic frame then take some sandpaper to the lenses (inside and outside) followed by black spraypaint (again both sides). Take is slow and build up thin even layers. If you spray to much surface tension pulls it away from the corners and you get left with holes in your paint. Apparently building up layers of acrylic paint with a brush works just fine too. At this point it should be pretty much completely impossible to see a thing when wearing them.

I've added some black gaffer tape over the top of mine because I couldn't get my paint to cover all the corners, but now they are 100% opaque. I can't even tell if the light is on or off in the room.

How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Re: Simple "no pressure" blindfold

Post by KinkInSpace »

Interesting idea, but not something I'd do.

I don't like the feeling of diving goggles on because of the vacuum effect they create around my eyes.

I solved it a different way.

All you need are two big lids of cans. (well, big enough to cover your eyes) then tape them onto your blindfold. They create a bridge over your eyes so the blindfold itself does not press upon the eyelids. Very comfortable too.

Some soda bottles have bigger necks, those cups work too.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I did something similar using eye protection goggles for about £1.50 at Screwfix and lined the inside with black PVC tape. A cheap plain lycra hood prevents the wearer from removing the goggles by rubbing the strap against something.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Slave_L wrote:Interesting idea, but not something I'd do.

I don't like the feeling of diving goggles on because of the vacuum effect they create around my eyes.
You can solve this by using a sewing pin to put small holes all around the rubber eye seals. When done correctly, you'll let a tiny bit of light in, but you won't be able to see any detail through them.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

While goggles aren't a solution I prefer, you might consider welding goggles of the old style with individual eye cups. Several advantages: not intended to seal around the eye(s), removable lens makes it easy to black them out, widely available (either as actual welding goggles or as steampunk fashion goggles). MX goggles will also avoid the sealing issue... it's only swim goggles that are designed to create a watertight seal.
cbshackle

Post by cbshackle »

We have a pair of these

and they work great and only US $15.21

https://www.amazon.com/Mindfold-Sleep-R ... B000X2DODU

We use them in dungeon play all the time and work well :)
:gag: Just a geeky and kinky girl :gag:
lj

Post by lj »

had a mental block on the name, those are the ones we use, no eye pressure and very black!

the only down-side is they would be easy to push away by rubbing against a fixed object. Put them inside a hood and that would be impossible.
be a switch, double the fun :-)